News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

No issue with venners seeking compensation - poor bloke got injured at work and is going to have ongoing health implications for life because of it. His promising playing career was cut short, so he absolutely lost future earning potential because of it.

If he can demonstrate that WCE and/or the AFL were negligent in their care and treatment of him and that contributed to the severity of the injury the he'll get a proportionate pay out.

A different mechanism for damages - but don't see this being any different to a common law claim under workers' compensation scheme, which every injured worker is entitled to. WCE will be insured for this - but most importantly I hope they've learnt from this incident and improved processes.

Saying all the right things. All I want is a competitive midfield group that will run defensively. Give me that (and find me a key back for Gov and Barrass) and we'll be ok.
And I agree we’ve probably got a bit of underdeveloped talent.

Which could also include working the best role for each player. Maric, Hutchinson, Long, Dewar, Ginbey, Hough etc etc.

You won’t be getting an apology this is cannon fodder and you’re clearly out of your depth if your comments are based on that article.

Where in that article quoting his father does it say any of those “seven bleeds” occurred in the immediate phase after the event?

Where does it say an abnormality was demonstrated on the CT or MRI after the event but he was sent home anyway?

Have you seen the initial imaging and/or did you examine Daniel and are you in a position to make an informed comment on whether the initial assessment and treatment was reasonable?
What about FOGO bins though?

Will Schofield: At the time I had a meticulously grown, well-crafted beard, as did my fellow teammates Chris Masten and Josh Kennedy. About a week before we were due back to begin the pre-season, we got word from some of the senior players that Simmo had brought our names up with the leadership group.

He wasn’t a fan of the beards.

In fact, the message we received was along the lines of, ‘if you rock up for your one-on-one meeting with a beard, don’t bother rocking up at all’.

Simmo legit telling players to shave their sideburns. 😂

Will Schofield: At the time I had a meticulously grown, well-crafted beard, as did my fellow teammates Chris Masten and Josh Kennedy. About a week before we were due back to begin the pre-season, we got word from some of the senior players that Simmo had brought our names up with the leadership group.

He wasn’t a fan of the beards.

In fact, the message we received was along the lines of, ‘if you rock up for your one-on-one meeting with a beard, don’t bother rocking up at all’.

Simmo legit telling players to shave their sideburns. 😂
Was a prank.

i think Schofield and Masten shaved and Kennedy didn't.

Simpson noted that the beards were gone and said he'd thought they looked good and asked why they shaved, or something.

Think it may have been a LeCras special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone nuffie has just called up Trade Radio claiming that Melbourne are breaching the human rights act by not trading Oliver

How can you not love Trade Radio?

Def a Cats supporter

Just like the English cricket team, they're always on the right side morally (according to them)

The most sanctimonious club (from coach down to the supporters) of all time

Was it Patrick Dangerfield?

Remember that dog campaigner talking a heap about the Saints player they wanted to get to the Cats (can't remember his name, got stabbed I think - another Jack) and how it was a mental health issue, but was completely silent about Tim Kelly leaving.

He's a piece of shit, can't stand the guy.

Remember that dog campaigner talking a heap about the Saints player they wanted to get to the Cats (can't remember his name, got stabbed I think - another Jack) and how it was a mental health issue, but was completely silent about Tim Kelly leaving.

He's a piece of shit, can't stand the guy.
Yeah but he can surf in a business suit, so he's clearly a great bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back