No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work by umps letting Buddy off with a fend off to the face then receiving a handball over the boundary
Are we just ignoring when he got tripped or when he was literally being restrained when going for the ball and the umps didn't call it?

Buddy gets a pretty rough deal as a big bloke. Been like that for 6 or 7 years. Any Swan will be a protected species, but Buddy gets reamed by the umpires.

Interesting to see talk of Sydney becoming the most hated in the league. They were so weak even 20 years ago, and now they're still on a knife edge in a rugby league town, but they recruit, develop and play like a powerhouse. Shame that such a successful Australian rules club in Sydney is a Melbourne transplant.

I'm more upset because of Ben Reid
didn't know Hannebarys Dad played for us though, or Rance
Murray Rance played 40 games for us in 1986-87, then 57 for West Coast from 1988-90.
Matt Hannebery played 32 games for us from 1986-1990.

Bruce Reid on 86 hurts, a lot :( Just one more season. Hopefully Addo with 88 doesn't do that to us.

Murray Rance played 40 games for us in 1986-87, then 57 for West Coast from 1988-90.
Matt Hannebery played 32 games for us from 1986-1990.

Bruce Reid on 86 hurts, a lot :( Just one more season. Hopefully Addo with 88 doesn't do that to us.

Do adopted sons count? Or do they have to be a blood relative? :p

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gi...essendon-players/story-fndv8gad-1226960828988

Bulldogs forward Stewart Crameri and Dogs player welfare officer Brent Prismall — both players at Essendon in 2012 — are believed to be among the 34 former and current players issued with show-cause notices by ASADA last week — but Gordon said he was not speaking on behalf of the club but as “a lawyer of several decades’ experience”.

“I think the most important revelations this week have been that some form of agreement came out between the AFL and ASADA,” Gordon said.
“To me the relevant point is ... was there an understanding? Was it said to the players?

“Did the players volunteer information subject to that reassurance, when they may have been a lot more guarded about and taken a lot more advice about and been more careful about, had it not been made — and does that contaminate the process?”

Details of a chain of emails published by the Herald Sun this week show how an agreement was struck between the AFL and ASADA in the first days of the drugs investigation to provide players with “an immediate level of comfort”.

Gordon told ABC Radio yesterday: “What ASADA have is an obligation to pursue their statutory objectives and to do so in accordance with fairness and proper process, and in my view, in the current circumstances and the evidence as it has now been revealed, the appropriate way for them to conduct themselves is to withdraw the show-cause notices.

“There has been references to some other club presidents this week saying Essendon should cop its right whack — well, it did last year.

“(The players) are the complete unwitting and innocent victims of what Ziggy Switkowski referred to as an experimental pharmacological environment.
“I do think that across the industry ... there is enormous sympathy for the players. In my view, the appropriate cause of action is for ASADA to withdraw those show cause notices.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gi...essendon-players/story-fndv8gad-1226960828988

Interesting???

did lol at this though....

Peter Gordon has already changed his mind. Watch the dominoes start falling ;)

It's really hard to know whether Gordon is speaking completely of his own accord here or whether he's been sort of put up to it.
In other words, do you read it as the lone utterances of a man who, let's be honest, doesn't mind the sound of his own voice, or is it really indicative of a shift in the direction of the wind.
Hmmm. Hard to know.

Either way, it cant be bad that he is now saying what he is considering his position a couple of months ago...

Could Gordons 180 be attributed to the possibility of Crameri receiving and sc notice?

I guess we'd have to hear what his opinion as the leader of an AFL club was as opposed to his "professional opinion as a lawyer"...

not possible, Gordon only cares about 2 things: receiving as much life support money from Gilligan as possible and Mission Brand Tortilla chips.
'Eat Mission Brand Tortilla Chips; mmmm tastes like sanctimony'

Me thinks Gordon may have had the penny drop and figured the players may need a solicitor

I know this is old news but Just heard the SEN grab about Peter Gordon's comments.
'he wants the sc to be dropped because he believes the investigation was compromised....'
Wtf is that about? It was corrupt at the time he stood up on behalf of the AFL presidents and slagged us off.
campaigner

Gordon is happy to have a crack at ASADA, not so much a crack at the AFL.

Lets be honest, Gordon couldn't give a shit about the current players on Essendons list. He is only saying this to help out Prismall & Crameri.

Peter Gordon has been ratified
VWA have stated they are relevant

The Red Sash‏@The_Red_Sash
Peter Gordon - the man who said last year all players, along with Hirdy should go & club cop their whack......

funny what happens when his own club might be under the gun... Might be regretting firing up Paul Little

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Gordan the spokesperson for the club Presidents? So where is Caro getting her info from?

thanks for ongoing commentary on us @westernbulldogs focus on your mob PG and stop using us to score points #mightybackflip

Essendon should cop its right whack,well,it did in my opinion.It copped its right whack last year.."& the other 12 clubs?.

didn't stop him becoming self appointed leader of the burning torch mob last year. Poor form PG

amazing how his opinion changed when one of his own players was going to cop that whack

or did crameri say hey mate, it's all a big beat up nothing happened

at least your getting in the media

Looking after his own interest. What about @AngusMonfries - @kochie_online seems to be selling him down the River!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back