Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I disagree with how Oliver has been this year this is them trying finally :moustache:

The footage that C7 showed of him post the initial stoppage against Port was as bad as it gets. With that highlighted Melbourne had to put him out, injury true or otherwise. Any suitor sees that they run a million miles and they are going to have to be able to offload Oliver to keep Petracca.

Poor Hep walked in a couple of years before the drugs saga
He's probably the final link to that era
Surprised he didn't leave a few years ago actually
I think only Heppell and Melksham remain from the drugs saga, Heppell at the Bombers and Melksham at the Dees, off field Dodo is still at the Bombers and I would imagine a few others remain there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing what a rule change can do. Last year, Tim English was the AA ruckman, but thanks to the ruck rule change enabling straight-arm blocks, providing the ruck involved is still contesting the ball, ruckmen like English have become less effective. Now, the leaping tap ruckman can be blocked by a more physical and imposing breed of stoppage player. English wouldn't even be in the top 5 ruckmen this year, thanks to that rule change. This rule has even affected Stanley, too.

That list of players you put , lowest number of wins from 1st 99 vfl games

The name , or bloke on the list that caught my eye is Gary Lazarus , he was Fitzroys full forward in the 1960s , and Fitzroy in that decade were utterly hopeless - i think one year they did not win a single game and another season they only one 1 game - and im not going to divulge who they beat

But i can remember one day Lazarus did something famous because there was a hell of alot of publicity at the time i can remember it , it might have been kicking the winning goal or it could have been opening round 1970 , the queen was in Aust , so as a one off they played the Richmond v Fitzroy game on the Sunday , so she was in attendance , introduced to all the players on the ground etc . And in an amazing upset Rich the reigning premiers got walloped by lowly Fitzroy and Lazarus might have done something special in that game

Amazing what a rule change can do. Last year, Tim English was the AA ruckman, but thanks to the ruck rule change enabling straight-arm blocks, providing the ruck involved is still contesting the ball, ruckmen like English have become less effective. Now, the leaping tap ruckman can be blocked by a more physical and imposing breed of stoppage player. English wouldn't even be in the top 5 ruckmen this year, thanks to that rule change. This rule has even affected Stanley, too.
It sorta reminds me when they brought in the Blics rule and he was lost for the next year or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back