Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we get Xerri to the club?
View attachment 2067288

I posted something about this in the draft thread, saying Xerri and Briggs from GWS are similar in that they are about 200cm, both physical and durable, get about 20ish possessions on average and while they don't always win the tap outs they are competitive and don't get smashed, and someone said Furphy on our list fits the profile. So hopefully he comes along.

I posted something about this in the draft thread, saying Xerri and Briggs from GWS are similar in that they are about 200cm, both physical and durable, get about 20ish possessions on average and while they don't always win the tap outs they are competitive and don't get smashed, and someone said Furphy on our list fits the profile. So hopefully he comes along.
Reckon I only said he fits the physical profile but here's hoping

Scott Pendlebury will always be the 2007 NAB Rising Star runner up in my eyes.

Ugh. Who let Mason Cox back into the seniors?

Scott Pendlebury will always be the 2007 NAB Rising Star runner up in my eyes.
Interesting that their whole careers followed the trend of Selwood being first and Pendles the runner-up. Both accomplished but Pendlebury always that bit less. I guess the games record and longevity is the first time he's gone past Selwood, after Joel retired.

Disgusting jumper clash at the G. I guess it make sense for Carlton to wear traditional jumper in Pendles 400th since they've been traditionally garbage throughout his whole career.

Why aren't the Colliwobbles wearing white shorts like we always seem to do when playing a team with a predominantly darker guernsey than we wear?

Would've made sense I would've thought.

Why aren't the Colliwobbles wearing white shorts like we always seem to do when playing a team with a predominantly darker guernsey than we wear?

Would've made sense I would've thought.
Collingwood are fine though since they are the home team. It is and it is always Carlton who ****s everything up with their refusal to wear the away white jumper. They played earlier this year with Collingwood as the away team, and it worked great because Collingwood weren't difficult about it.  1722678483758.png

Collingwood are fine though since they are the home team. It is and it is always Carlton who ****s everything up with their refusal to wear the away white jumper. They played earlier this year with Collingwood as the away team, and it worked great because Collingwood weren't difficult about it. View attachment 2067588

That's my point though. How often are we made to wear white shorts when we're the home team? Hell, we were wearing them tonight too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was Buddy-esque from Harry McKay.

I read somewhere that it has to do with the AFL and wanting the 'traditional' rivalry AND the 'traditional' guernseys. They are probably assuaging some old power broker who doesn't like those damned hippy colors in Carlton's kit. I can't believe they would let one club pull that crap. Collingwood a couple years ago had very good home or away uniforms. This year's is slightly less, but at least they try.
Jumper clashes is just another thing that shows up the AFL as a parochial organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back