Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the Brisbane Lions and the Western Bulldogs , they are hitting the finishing line like Phar Lap and Tulloch

And the Corporate Bookies have now got them fave and 2nd fave for the Flag respectively
Agree.
And Port and GWS hitting best form when it counts.
Although it's hard to imagine any team replicating our 2022 16 straight except for Lions- they are the team to beat now, and a Lions Dogs GF would be a beauty.

Lions should be very short-priced favourites for the flag. Top 2 all but sewn up (two Gabba finals) and they're peaking at the right time. Not to mention the pain from last year's heartbreak.

Lions to lose IMO. Dogs will have to do it outside the top 4, and whilst they've done it before in 2016, we all know it rarely gets done

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo will be so dirty about that loss and will be very intent on winning at home next week, so whilst always hopeful, I’m not as confident as others that we will knock them off.

Lions are looking very good. Dogs and lions playing the best footy.

The prediction they were about to spend some time in the wilderness are off the mark I fear.

They're rebounding well, and quickly.
Well it's been like 9 years since they won a final so they've been in some wilderness. They've got a map out now which is unfortunate

Freo will be so dirty about that loss and will be very intent on winning at home next week, so whilst always hopeful, I’m not as confident as others that we will knock them off.

Lions are looking very good. Dogs and lions playing the best footy.
Don't have much hope of beating Freo at home. But surely, looking at how they played this week, we should be able to overcome St. Kilda.

Unpopular opinion, but Barass is overrated and his form the last couple of years has been nothing special.

With Lewis constantly getting injured, they still look a marking weapon short up forward as far as 2024-2026.

They're looking good but not over the line yet and I could still see them being 3-4 quality additions away from a premiership team.
I don't think they need anything spectacular back there. They just need it to be not frost

The prediction they were about to spend some time in the wilderness are off the mark I fear.

They're rebounding well, and quickly.
It looks that way. That said, sometimes rebuilds can be a bumpy ride filled with false starts and missteps. They may not make finals so they haven't hit that point of contention yet, and that area where you're just on the outside looking in can be precarious. We see plenty of sides every year that fail to meet the expectations set for them or veer off the path of improvement many had envisioned. Essendon, Saints and Adelaide are recent examples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it's been like 9 years since they won a final so they've been in some wilderness. They've got a map out now which is unfortunate
And the pathway back is rarely linear or assured. Plenty good chance they still stumble.

I disagree.
Whoever wins will have to put in a great game.
Whether that is in the context of a shit comp overall is irrelevant.
Ask the last player selected in the team how they feel about having the medal.
The rest of us can only dream.

To be the best in any elite comp is the goal.

Its not an elite comp right now is the point.
Its an average comp.
And thats why slightly above average will win.

Lions should be very short-priced favourites for the flag. Top 2 all but sewn up (two Gabba finals) and they're peaking at the right time. Not to mention the pain from last year's heartbreak.

Lions to lose IMO. Dogs will have to do it outside the top 4, and whilst they've done it before in 2016, we all know it rarely gets done

Lions are mentally soft and exactly the type of team to lose a GF away. Id love to get them in a GF.

8z830y.jpg

Freo will be putting in the hard yards this week.
No they won't.
I like Longmuir. He's no idiot.

MCG. they had actually run out of legs. Flight back so 1 less day of recovery. We shouldn't beat them.
Be good if we did. I cant remember a season where I didn't trust 6 of the top 8. So anything is possible.

The line should be freo by 11.

Lions are mentally soft and exactly the type of team to lose a GF away. Id love to get them in a GF.
They'll be vulnerable against a VIC opponent. But every chance it's an all interstate GF unfortunately...

The Dogs the only genuine VIC chance right now IMO. Maybe Carlton if they regain their best form. But looking like the wheels have fallen off there..

I think it's all lined up for Brisbane and I'd be surprised if they don't finally win one

"riley morgan
Sports Reporter
Sun, 4 Aug 2024, 1:03 pm ACST·4-min read

Swans coach John Longmire has let rip at this team after Sydney suffered there worst ever defeat to Port Adelaide as the top of the ladder team has fallen back down to earth"

Can any reporters actually spell anymore ffs?
They never really could they just had sub editors. Now they rely on auto correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back