Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo will be putting in the hard yards this week.

How many times can you have dissappointing losses , like they have season in season out

Theve got that 4 hour plane flight home , they will be a miserable lot

Alot might say they will be fired up against Geel , but it could go the other way , and they might be as flat as pancakes against Geel , thats what im hoping for

How did you end up cats?
Basically Gary Ablett Senior!

My grandparents also had a place down At Portarlington in the 80s so I spent a lot of time there too.

But I grew up and went to school in Bombers heartland, spent many days at windy hill as a kid, even live near the Hangar these days!

Lions are mentally soft and exactly the type of team to lose a GF away. Id love to get them in a GF.
v Swans or Port or Doggies- all most likely- no real HGA for any of those teams.
Blues could regroup- plenty of time- that would be an interesting GF.

Last edited:

Its not an elite comp right now is the point.
Its an average comp.
And thats why slightly above average will win.
By definition, that is not correct. The players and teams we see are the best in the country. They are elite players and athletes. If the rule changes and equalisation attempts are frustrating, it takes nothing away from how skilled these players are. Watching the best of the best each weekend still delivers.

Its not an elite comp right now is the point.
Its an average comp.
And thats why slightly above average will win.

I think of a lot of the freebees of the early mid 2000s have worked their way out of the system. Plus the expansion clubs lead to quite a bit of spoilage in their first few years, which results in the clubs have a much closer amount of resources at their disposal. I don't think that there is a shortage of talent but rather it is more evenly distributed. It doesn't surprise me that the teams at the top have benefited from F/S and Northern academy picks

But I grew up and went to school in Bombers heartland, spent many days at windy hill as a kid, even live near the Hangar these days!

Surprised that didnt hook you into being a Dons supporter for life

I read Kevin Sheedys book about 25 years ago and he said he was brought up in Prahran as a kid , and played for them in the VFA , then crossed over to Richmond , multiple premiership player of course and then coached Ess to multiple flags

And when he was a kid he had a paper run in the Prahran area , and the Newsagent owner he worked for was a very keen Ess supporter , so he used to take Sheedy out to the Windy Hill every 2nd Sat to watch them play . Thats one of the reasons Sheedy still loves Ess today , those very fond childhood memories they normally stick for life .

Surprised that didnt hook you into being a Dons supporter for life

I read Kevin Sheedys book about 25 years ago and he said he was brought up in Prahran as a kid , and played for them in the VFA , then crossed over to Richmond , multiple premiership player of course and then coached Ess to multiple flags

And when he was a kid he had a paper run in the Prahran area , and the Newsagent owner he worked for was a very keen Ess supporter , so he used to take Sheedy out to the Windy Hill every 2nd Sat to watch them play . Thats one of the reasons Sheedy still loves Ess today , those very fond childhood memories they normally stick for life .
Had a school friend and his family were mad Geelong and they'd take me to KP, Waverley, Princes Park et al with them a few times a year
Like I mentioned I was in love with GAS! The best ever

Ironically around the same time my brother started working at Essendon social club and my sister was getting into other things away from football
But neither of them were as fanatical as me, I absolutely lived and breathed it!

I think of a lot of the freebees of the early mid 2000s have worked their way out of the system. Plus the expansion clubs lead to quite a bit of spoilage in their first few years, which results in the clubs have a much closer amount of resources at their disposal. I don't think that there is a shortage of talent but rather it is more evenly distributed. It doesn't surprise me that the teams at the top have benefited from F/S and Northern academy picks
And us benefiting from Gold Coast :sweatsmile:

How many times can you have dissappointing losses , like they have season in season out

Theve got that 4 hour plane flight home , they will be a miserable lot

Alot might say they will be fired up against Geel , but it could go the other way , and they might be as flat as pancakes against Geel , thats what im hoping for
Freo are home ground bullies though. Lose to Essendon away, then watch their fans and media declare them Flagmantle if they beat us in Perf before probably losing the week after away to GWS.

Freo are home ground bullies though.

Freo have had an unbelievably easy run at home this year.

Played 10. 5 games against the current bottom 6.

They beat Brisbane, Melbourne and the Dogs when they were all in their worst patch of form for the year. Were very lucky to draw with an injury riddled Collingwood. Got spanked by Sydney.

There's nothing to suggest they're unbeatable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate saying this, PA are the ones in the best form along with the doggies. Whilst the season isn't over yet, they've just gotten through a tough 3 game period with W's. With Melb [h] a showdown and Freo [a] to finish the season off.
A solid form line going into finals.
There biggest motsa is performing in finals.

As much as I hate saying this, PA are the ones in the best form along with the doggies. Whilst the season isn't over yet, they've just gotten through a tough 3 game period with W's. With Melb [h] a showdown and Freo [a] to finish the season off.
A solid form line going into finals.
There biggest motsa is performing in finals.
Brisbane are in the best form as they’ve won 9 in a row.

Cats should be knocking off Dockers! Yes I’m serious! Not ridiculous at all…..! And yes they’re pretenders…. Won’t win anything this year…
i thought you ended your comments for the season 2 weeks ago when we got belted by the Dogs.

GO Catters

The statement of claim also references an incident in May 2015 when Clarkson allegedly turned up to a meeting held by several Hawthorn Indigenous players over a proposed boycott amid fallout from the Adam Goodes booing saga.

“Mr Clarkson … invited himself to the meeting … imposed himself on, and derailed, the meeting, by bringing his guitar and singing a song about Mr Rioli … (and) discouraged the players from going through with the boycott.”

Bizarre, David Brent-esque behaviour from Clarkson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back