Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They already were before this round

So many things would have had to go right for them it was basically impossible hence the odds were 500-1
That's what I thought, but I didn't want to completely rule them out on the .0001% chance they could make

Don't worry though, I had someone on FB who couldn't comprehend the simple question of, "is Hawkins an automatic inclusion for finals if fit" - I said no, but they keep telling me he deserves a farewell game & we won't play finals if we lost to Fremantle

I'm pretty sure that even if we lost today we still likely play finals, just maybe from 5th - 8th... I tried explaining both that & the question referred to finals not a final game but it was like talking to a brick wall

So, Melbourne are now also essentially out of the finals race?
Melb and ess are mathematically still in but realistically out (ess have syd next week).
Its down to the current top 8 plus hawthorn (hawks last 2 games are very winnable if they can win tomorrow).

Carlton beat Hawthorn tomorrow, and we're guaranteed finals.

We would be but freo would probably still need 1 more win to make it (esp if hawks win their last 2).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melb are 100% out now
Thats true bc carlton would have to lose everything and melb make up like 15 % which wont happen.
Ess will be out after the swans beat them next week and likewise coll unless they beat the lions.
But hawks are still alive.

If we have to travel first week, who would you rather face as of right now and forgetting earlier season form .... Sydney at SCG, Port in Adelaide, Brisbane at Gabba or Giants in Sydney?

Brisbane i want because i feel like our gamestyle suits us and they are mentally fragile. Id back us.
Giants i would prefer not face as i feel their run and gun could overwhelm us.
Sydney are more yo yo than a speed dater but at their best their midfield could blast ours off the park. Although i think cameron could kick a bag on their defence.
Id be confident against port without being certain.

Thats true bc carlton would have to lose everything and melb make up like 15 % which wont happen.
Ess will be out after the swans beat them next week and likewise coll unless they beat the lions.
But hawks are still alive.
Melbourne would need Fremantle, Essendon and Carlton to lose all their matches, Melbourne would need to win by a lot to boost their percentage and need Fremantle and Carlton to get battered in their games to drop their percentage.
Demons have the Suns at Carrara and Pies at the MCG.

Demons are cooked.

If we have to travel first week, who would you rather face as of right now and forgetting earlier season form .... Sydney at SCG, Port in Adelaide, Brisbane at Gabba or Giants in Sydney?
Sydney at the SCG are very vulnerable right now, Brisbane despite the loss will bounce back the Gabba wouldn't be an ideal trip, we play Adelaide well I would back us to win that. Giants in Sydney is a crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back