Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the Swans comeback win when they were down 30 in this thread on Friday night and i'm calling it again.

Blues will go on a massive run after halftime and it'll come down to the wire in the last.
Could go either way from there.

Footy is a massive momentum game and teams get huge swings throughout the game, Hawks look fit and exciting now.
Blues haven't really fired a shot yet.

I called the Swans comeback win when they were down 30 in this thread on Friday night and i'm calling it again.

Blues will go on a massive run after halftime and it'll come down to the wire in the last.
If this keeps up they are going to need one of the biggest comebacks ever i just don't see it unless they can stem the bleeding right now.

Footy is a massive momentum game and teams get huge swings throughout the game, Hawks look fit and exciting now.

They've got 2 on the bench.

Ain't going to happen.

Carlton are lucky they have the same run home as us, but in reverse.

Although looking at it, Hawks have Tigers and North.

Percentage in this game is massive.

The way the Blues are going, WCE in Perth is no certain win.

Since Carlton smashed us, we’ve gone 6-1 and they look like going 2-5.

The following week we brought in Neale, Mannagh and Humphries, and Stewart moved to the midfield.

Talk about sliding doors.
Its funny how teams are having bad losses, making some big changes late in the season and getting a run on. Port did the same thing after Brisbane spanked them in Adelaide and since then they have gone 6-1, Bulldogs were going win loss then after the Paer spanked them they have gone 4-0 including spanking us at Geelong/Sydney at the SCG back to back when beating Sydney was something to brag about.

And all 3 came from losses that forced serious tweaks and changes in the area they were exposed i.e midfield for us, defense and forward for the Bulldogs and midfield and forward for Port.

Were always overrated club. McKay is like Daniher. Will never be the difference.

Walsh an absolute freakish stat accumulator but like Dayne Beams for Collingwood, not much else to his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port did that with 3 on the bench just earlier this year.
It can happen
The main issue is Hawks are already quicker than Carlton and they are stretching them. If Carlton get a run on they are going to spend the petrol tickets to catch up and it will hurt them in the end. Reminds me of some of our games last year and the Giants/Port game this year and we had a full bench.

Riewoldt just said "Carlton look out on their feet here" and he isn't kidding, Hawks are running them into the ground. Good example is how Hawks always have a free player out when they get possession, and so many Carlton players get smashed by numbers when they get the ball.

I mean Frost was up on the wing ffs. They are running on top of the ground while Carlton are running ankle deep in mud.

Also hilariously the umpires aren't looking after the Blues forwards today and their fans are feral about it.

McKay going down very softly every contest isn't helping his case but if he keeps up we might get a new Shooting Stay meme out of him.

Also hilariously the umpires aren't looking after the Blues forwards today and their fans are feral about it.

McKay going down very softly every contest isn't helping his case but if he keeps up we might get a new Shooting Stay meme out of him.
This is where i'm expecting it to flip.
Second half they are gonna start getting the ticky tack free kicks and you watch, massive momentum swing.

Happens all the time in modern footy.
Look at how a Jez "chopping" non call nearly ****ed up our "sure bet" last week against the Crows.

Crows proceeded to kick a bunch of goals and nearly stole it.

Have you seen the Carlton players? They look out in their feet already.

Hawks would have to absolutely capitulate.

Hawks will do some damage if they make the finals, they play a great brand of football. Carlton look spent, went to hard to early in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hawks will do some damage if they make the finals, they play a great brand of football. Carlton look spent, went to hard to early in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Its funny how we went 7-0 and on our board we thought we weren't playing as well as we could, so we avoided the July Premiers tag, and teams in Carlton, Essendon and Sydney who went hard earlier have completely dropped off. Swans lucky they didn't bottle their gimme games like the Blues and Bombers have or they would be 4th/5th atm.

Hawks for top 8. Funnily enough carlton probably still sneak in with wce next week but freo must be hating this. They are in real trouble now if hawthorn hold on.

Its funny how we went 7-0 and on our board we thought we weren't playing as well as we could, so we avoided the July Premiers tag, and teams in Carlton, Essendon and Sydney who went hard earlier have completely dropped off. Swans lucky they didn't bottle their gimme games like the Blues and Bombers have or they would be 4th/5th atm.

Just proves this is a bradbury year. We need to be in the right place at the right time.

Carlton are lucky they have the same run home as us, but in reverse.

Although looking at it, Hawks have Tigers and North.

Percentage in this game is massive.

Not really.
If hawks win out and carlton both win their last 2 (which they should) then they are in regardless of %. But then freo are out unless they win both their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back