Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Selwood, could also rotate Steve Johnson and Chappy through there. Nothing beats that Cats midfield for depth and quality. It’s almost unfair

As time goes by, opposing supporters forget just how good players like Chapman or Johnson were.

The media fawn over Martin when he had that 4 year stretch between 2017-2020 but take a glance over Chappy's numbers between 2007-2010. Absurd statistics.
Averaged 21 disposals (Martin 22) and averaged 2.2 goals (Martin 2.1).

He goes to Essendon at the end of his career and is arguably their best player in his last finals appearance.

All the Hawthorn bandwagon supporters are starting to crawl out from their holes after a few good wins.
The silence was good while it lasted for a good half decade.
FIFY
😹

James rahilly must be in line for the WCE job.

Under the radar brilliant assistant coach by all accounts.

I believe Sydney (?) may have been chasing him pretty hard and so to ward off external interest, they signed him to a stupid deal 😂

What an embarrassing deal. Do they have that little faith in retaining players they feel the need to lock them up for life with monster decade long deals??

It reminds me of a desperate girlfriend trying To knock themselves up so their partner won’t leave them.

James rahilly must be in line for the WCE job.

Under the radar brilliant assistant coach by all accounts.

He moved back to Geelong because he and his wife and kids wanted to be closer to extended family.
That's why he only lasted a short time (3 years) in Adelaide.

He's absolutely not going to move again, especially to the other side of the whole country after they specifically wanted to go back to Victoria..

I don't think I could pick any of the changes out of a line up.

Are any of them key forwards? Look at the forward line they have named

View attachment 2080630

:drunk:

I suppose they will end up playing McGovern forward.
Owies can potentially operate as a slightly shorter full forward ala Ablett Senior '93-'96.

Meanwhile one of the Hollands boys will be the roaming CHF role akin to Jeremy Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He moved back to Geelong because he and his wife and kids wanted to be closer to extended family.
That's why he only lasted a short time (3 years) in Adelaide.

He's absolutely not going to move again, especially to the other side of the whole country after they specifically wanted to go back to Victoria..

Good for us.

The only time I thought I would ever see Owies and Ablett Senior in the same sentence was when describing the state of Johnny Gastev's rib cage.
Wasn't one of GAS better efforts mind you - could have picked someone a little more robust but that's the penalty for dropping into the hole.

Gastev actually lined up on him at the start! Not sure what Walls was thinking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back