Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it too much of a reach to think Richmond will take Harry Armstrong at pick 1?
I see this draft as simular to the year GWS took Cademan.
I think there were a lot of variables that led to that selection;
1)flight risk of other top prospects
2) GWS's need for key forwards
3) lack of any other clear list need
4) lack of key forward options through the draft

Richmond really don't have to worry about flight risk unless Draper is their choice, and whilst the need for a young KPF or 3 is evident, you really need some young top end talent all over the ground as opposed to just a bookend player. Whoever your number I'd, that's ultimately who you should select regardless of anything I'd say, so if Armstrong is that then he should be the choice

Richmond really don't have to worry about flight risk unless Draper is their choice, and whilst the need for a young KPF or 3 is evident, you really need some young top end talent all over the ground as opposed to just a bookend player. Whoever your number I'd, that's ultimately who you should select regardless of anything I'd say, so if Armstrong is that then he should be the choice
Who where the flight risks in the top half a dozen all so picks.

The main Metro Boys were showing quite a bit of hesitance to the idea of moving, which was understandable given the previous covid years

We were worried about Sheezel and Wardlaw wanting to stay in Melbourne (apparently)
Anyone would want those 2, but we were more in need of a KPF as well.

We were worried about Sheezel and Wardlaw wanting to stay in Melbourne (apparently)
Anyone would want those 2, but we were more in need of a KPF as well.
So were WC who held pick 2. Certainly didn’t say it officially, I think Caruso spelt it out for everyone quite clearly the challenges of being an interstate club when they traded up for Cadman.

In the end WC split the pick also.

Has there been any suggestion that Draper is a flight risk? I would love him at the Tigs.

Not sure about the others, but there was a perception that Sheezel would be a flight risk due to his strong family and community ties to Melbourne.

I think we played that well to our advantage, Sheezel was our clear number one regardless. I wonder what noise was coming out of the Wardlaw camp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd comment.

Rankine, Dawson, JHF, Fantasia (although he was poor for port and had to leave again), Zerk-Thatcher, Sweet.

That’s just the last couple of years.
its ok to return to your home state as long as you aren't leaving a Vic club.
If you leave a Vic club to return home you are the worst in the world.

Odd comment.

Rankine, Dawson, JHF, Fantasia (although he was poor for port and had to leave again), Zerk-Thatcher, Sweet.

That’s just the last couple of years.
And those that didn't Lachie Neale, Lincoln McCarthy, George Hewett, James Aish, Callum Coleman-Jones, Aaron Francis etc etc

And those that didn't Lachie Neale, Lincoln McCarthy, George Hewett, James Aish, Callum Coleman-Jones, Aaron Francis etc etc

Neale and McCarthy both from South-East with very little connection to Adelaide. Zero go home factor for either.

Those others players weren't exactly highly sought after commodities. Don't recall much interest in any of them? Aish maybe? Hewett perhaps.

Gut feel is Eagles take Draper and his brother joins our WAFL side.
Why wouldn't WCE have a serious look at Bo Allan, seems to be trending upwards in most media ratings?

Certainly wouldn't be disappointed if the Crows were to have a serious look at him....sane go home factor for the Crows as Draper would have for the WCE.

Neale and McCarthy both from South-East with very little connection to Adelaide. Zero go home factor for either.

Those others players weren't exactly highly sought after commodities. Don't recall much interest in any of them? Aish maybe? Hewett perhaps.
South East SA is a lot bloody closer to home than Brisbane.

Why wouldn't WCE have a serious look at Bo Allan, seems to be trending upwards in most media ratings?

Certainly wouldn't be disappointed if the Crows were to have a serious look at him....sane go home factor for the Crows as Draper would have for the WCE.
Cos pick 3 would be a absurd reach. He also isnt much of a need. We need someone with nore pace like Draper.

Id personally take Draper with pick 1 if we had it. The perfect fit for us

My hope is if North have pick 2 we trade back with Adelaide and maybe get their second rounder. I like Draper a lot but not sure I like him that much more than the others available in the top 5.

My hope is if North have pick 2 we trade back with Adelaide and maybe get their second rounder. I like Draper a lot but not sure I like him that much more than the others available in the top 5.
Adelaide don’t have their second rounder. Saints do

PMBangers what about you and Senor Alvaro swap places for one match each? You do a Colts game this week - carefully hand picked by myself - Alvaro does the Talent League match you were planning on watching.

Yes, you'll have to do the poor person's game assessment via a stream, unless of course RmC pay for your airfare to WA. If they do pay then you'll be required to leave the state within 24 hours of the completion of the match naturally. We don't want any Vics visiting and applying for asylum. Just remember there is no such thing as a pot or a schooner.
I've never hated an idea more, unless it's Claremont of course

That makes it sound like Claremont doesn't really exist. Its just a team of Patrick Bateman-like serial killers.

"...there is an idea of a Claremont, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real Claremont, only an entity, something illusory."

Sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet.

Well, in all seriousness, I would be genuinely excited about reading about your stand out players on RmC.

The Claremont (1st) v West Perth (3rd) looks like a great game. Claremont with all their stars and West Perth who have a whole bunch of very talented below agers.

And of course there is the battle between Kayle Gerreyn and Aiden Riddle. Somehow I don't see Kayle getting 30 possessions against the Claremont big man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back