Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
Positives:

Naitanuis contested marking, and ruck work were first class.
Gaff just played a blinder
Priddis and Shuey continue to be star in the midfield.

Negatives:

Ebert just undid all of his good work last week to back up with his usual pathetic, insipid, disgraceful footskills and decision making this week. He is not AFL standard.
LeCras played his worst game for the club. Selfish play, poor disposal, poor decision making, and needs a swift kick up the arse.
Koby Stevens doesnt give enough as a sub.
1st quarter was 2010-like, and the effort required to get us back in the game meant we had no legs in the last quarter.

Hospitals are going to be busy wiring jaws shut from all of the extreme knee jerking.

Negatives
First quarter

Positives
The maturity we showed in coming back from the first quarter drubbing away from home showed how much we have grown.

Negatives.
Umpiring in the first half was so one sided it wasn't funny. Couldnt buy a free kick.
Our first quarter. Didnt come to play at all. Proved too much in the end as we spent all our energy coming back
Lecras was terrible.
Ebert is trying to break the OOF record.

Positives.
Top 4 is still possible as we have played one less game than Carlton and we would of expected to drop a game against Carlton or Geelong which we didnt.
Gaff was good.

Positives
- NN - contested marking:thumbsu:, ruckwork, and his ground level work just brilliant
- Gaff - really lifted us when we needed it

Negatives
- Too many passengers. LeCras, Waters, Embley, Kennedy, Lynch, Hurn, Nicoski, Ebert, A.Selwood didn't do very much
- Skills and decision making!
- 1st qtr!
- The amount of stupid turnover kick and OOFs
- Ebert, MacKenzie and A.Selwood's shanks
- LeCras definitely wasn't himself

Positives: Keeps a lid on things, Nic Nat, Gaff, Shuey, Glass

Negatives:

The Butchers of Baghdad are Back, Ploddus, A.Selwood, LeCras, Ebert, McKenzHack, to name a few

+

Naita
Gaff

-

Kennedy
Darling
Shuey tends to stat pad in junk time but he had a decent game. Needs to have more impact in the middle though.

Obviously missed out obvious ones including that it was our worst game of 2011.

The Good:
- Nic Nat, his development is amazing. He's going really well.
- Waters was back and came through unscathed
- Gaff, kid got plenty of poise, only problem is that he's tiny
- We got back in the game

The Bad:
- Umpiring, but that's not the reason we lost
- Lecras, Selfish play, horrible disposal, shocking game
- Ebert, had the ball 18 times and I only can remember him kicking it 3 times OOB or just absolutely shanking his decision making.
- 1st Quarter

+

*Shuey and Gaff got us back in the game.
*The belief in our own abilities to stage a comeback of that size.
*NicNat

-
* We are consistently TERRIBLE in one quarter of a game. Usually the third, however, not really surprising that whatever causes our third quarter problem would also show its head in the first. Remember, we started like rubbish last week as well.
* Inconsistent Umps
* I hate Ebert, whenever I see the number 5 near the ball I cringe. EVERY time.

Interesting things to note:

I think Priddis is far more important to our team than some people think. When he was kicking well we were looking good, once he made some terrible decisions in the last, we looked terrible. He is almost the gauge of the team.

Positives:
NicNat's marking was fantastic! want to see more of that, clean hands. his goal made me ejaculate.

Gaff is class. imagine him with 50 games under the belt?

Shuey was great, fought hard in Kerr's absence.

Priddis was one of the only blokes who was hitting up his kicks...he ran away from stoppages with the footy a few times as well. had a shocker 1st qtr then battled back into it well.

Negatives:
We played right into the saints game style in parts. we were too intent on stop/start, bomb inside 50 play. JK had to battle against multiple opponents. we looked much better when we ran the ball and hit up our short passes.

as a result of this, we turned the ball over inside fwd 50 and we allowed them to get through our press too easily.

lots of things went wrong for us tonight, i think we learned a lot from it.

at least we didn't lay down after the first quarter.

couldn't understand darling being subbed off either, he was great in his support role...thought we should've taken ebert off, who ended up doing nothing in the final quarter.

also i would've liked mcginnity to play on milne. nothing against A.Selwood, who was fantastic, but he just didnt have the pace to go with him on the lead at times.

Aberration.

Positives:

Naita dominated
Gaff was superb
We fought back hard and retook the lead

Negatives

...and subsequently choked it away
Poor disposal for majority of the game
Awful start
Didnt get top 4

God everyone has jumped off Ebert, he did no worse than Lecras or most our other players. Just because it went OOTF doesn't mean it's any worse than a direct turnover.

God we came back from 40 odd points down to lead, than of the umpires were any good we oils have been 8 points up and we would have won so let's see how we respond before writing us off.

+ Gaff came of age, Nic Nat, Schofield and Smith's run into the forward lines in the third quarter.

- Whoever was supposed to be on Montagna, the ease with which Saints midfielders sharked Cox's taps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives - NN, Gaff in patches, Shuey in other patches, Glass, Priddis worked hard against a top midfield, Cox worked hard. Good energy sapping come back. EMac on Nick except for the obvious. Great reality check under real pressure to build on.

Negatives - many players under performed. Umpires not an excuse but the rub was severely against us and was poor standard generally. Yep a few shocker turnovers by fatigued players. Forward line didn't kick-in in contested situations except for NN marking.

The upside - a smooth run to the top four is a big hyped call. Waters needs a run, EMac is settling in and half the team is eligible for the Rising Star. We lost but gave a yelp.

oh and

RoJo's Disposal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ebert's Disposal

We all cant be as silky as rojo though, i suppose.

Negatives:
We played right into the saints game style in parts. we were too intent on stop/start, bomb inside 50 play. JK had to battle against multiple opponents. we looked much better when we ran the ball and hit up our short passes.

as a result of this, we turned the ball over inside fwd 50 and we allowed them to get through our press too easily.

lots of things went wrong for us tonight, i think we learned a lot from it.

at least we didn't lay down after the first quarter.

couldn't understand darling being subbed off either, he was great in his support role...thought we should've taken ebert off, who ended up doing nothing in the final quarter.

also i would've liked mcginnity to play on milne. nothing against A.Selwood, who was fantastic, but he just didnt have the pace to go with him on the lead at times.

Well put. Agree on all parts, especially the bolded ones

Not sure if it's a positive or negative:

Everyone jumping on the 'Eagles overrated and exposed' bandwagon once again until we win next week and it's "you'll make the top four".

Positives

-Naitanui. Best talent in the league bar non. Absolutely incredible tonight. Will be ridiculous with another pre-season/more experience under his belt
-Glass/MacKenzie/Schofield. All really good again, Glass especially
-Shuey. Looks a class above the rest of our midfield
-Gaff
-Not playing a shit third quarter for a change

Negatives
-Ebert. Absolute crab. Even taking away his OOTFs, he is still a ball butcher and a liability
-Stevens as the sub
-Rosa. Shocking game
-Embley went missing
-Nicoski getting pushed in the back, tackled above the shoulder and held without the ball and still not getting a free
-The lack of intensity in the last quarter

That was supposed to be sharked, bloody iPhone.

It happened a lot last year too. Maybe Naitanui's taps are more unpredictable. Cox won more than 30 taps but only 7 to advantage.

I could only listen to the game on the radio, so I can't really comment much.

Positives
Good determination to come back.
Gaff.
Nat.

Negatives
Lack of composure in the final quarter.
Poor decision making and lack of vision by LeCras.
Bloody Eagles supporters whinging about the umpiring again. (I'm guilty of it too this time). :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives and Negatives against St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back