Post-Hawthorn Win; Merged Threads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Essendon > Hawthorn - ONEHD Replay

I see you didn't manage to stay away from the results until you watched the game Whomb. :p
God no. I was checking the scores every 2 minutes.

Still rolling tape there dude? time to upgrade to a DVD Recorder or PVR!
Yeah will invest in one long-term. Too tight for now.

Re: Problem Areas

i give up with this EFC board..

people dont listen. i said we picked a to tall forward line.

I said at the start of the year McVeigh's overrated

i said Atkinson is easily in our best 22...

jeezuz look how the seasons panning out... wish you'd all look @ what im saying..
Yes but you're also a flog at the best of times.

Re: Red & Black > Piss & Poo

Hawthorn have always been essendons bitch.

That's why we look down on them, they are a minnow club who has not and will never be the equal of us.

i give up with this EFC board..

people dont listen. i said we picked a to tall forward line.

I said at the start of the year McVeigh's overrated

i said Atkinson is easily in our best 22...

jeezuz look how the seasons panning out... wish you'd all look @ what im saying..

Why do people have to agree with you? Are you a sociopath?

Being pessimistic and expressing yourself does not make you Nostradamus,
You're not the only one who has said things and been right...

Re: Stanton ~ Almost a Hawthorn Match Winner..

I cannot stand him any more. He has become more inconsistent then McPhee and running into goal has become an absolute dud. His kicking used to be good... what has happened?

what about his useless looping handballs..

he truely is hopeless.. but im willing to perserve

:confused: If you've got no idea, I've got no idea.

Re: Red & Black > Piss & Poo

Its extra special being the ones who finally turned last years premiers into this years also rans.

Our major problem area is, as a team, dealing with teams who dont play a zone and go 1 on 1. It is pretty obvious. Most of our deficiencies are a result of this.

Today, Hawthorn abandoned their zone to go one on one - we are pretty much exposed in that area. We were indecisive with kick ins, from the backline and pretty much everywhere because we do not want to kick to a contest, rather slalom through players.

This has simply been an extension of our pre-season, where Knights had told us they spent most of it working out the zone. 12=18 months ago, we were clueless with the zone, it made our skills look deplorable but one pre-season, and we changed a lot of that. We still can improve, but many teams including St. Kilda can look ordinary when they apply their zones.

This brings us to now - this pre-season our biggest improvement will come from this holistic level. It is no secret we have looked ordinary in many games where we started favorites, against seemingly lesser sides - the majority of this problem stemmed from the fact these sides play man on man predominately. We must, and will, apply a contested bias to this next pre-season. It is our obvious next stage in our development, with simply letting many players get a first, or another pre-season into them.

I see it as Knights is puttiing together a jigsaw, and wont budge from it until he thinks we are ready for the next step. This is why I think we have all been frustrated at many times, but then when I sit back and watch replays, it seems to dawn on me that Knights isnt being ignorant, just persistent with what he is trying to achieve.

And I think this season has taught us one thing - put faith in the kids. Look forwards, not backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow mate, couldnt have said it better if i tried :thumbsu:
it would certainly benefit him to have some consistent games to get some confidence, his confidence is so low at the moment and its greatly affecting his game.

I backed Jetta at the beginning of the year, but he hasn't shown the form, unfortunately.

As for his confidence, playing for Essendon isn't the place to develop it. He needs to arrive with it. This means he needs to harden the f*** up at Bendigo because he knows he's better than everyone there. Then he might deserve a guernsey.

Re: Votes vs Hawks

3. Hurley
2. NLM
1. Hocking

Really struggled with the one vote. I don't think we had anyone who really stod out other than the first two. Atkinson and McPhee did some good things but also stuffed up pretty badly a few times, as did most of our side.

I could highlight any number of issues but we won so i wont be worrying about it.
The trip to Adelaide next week is already organised so i am going to enjoy the week.
:thumbsu:

You should. Good thing about your posts Ant is that you back up your thoughts with examples.

There should actually be a sticky thread called "Ask Ant". :)

(...and this is where I stop pissing in people's pockets)

does lloyd have grounds for legal action

after listening to that bloke(and i used that term very loosely) on mmm yesterday calling lloyd a sniper. to me that is grounds for defaming his character and he should think about sueing that prick. how good would that be! thoughts

God, i give up.. it hurts me to see stanton playing.. his so bad.... ! we almost lost today because of him.. McPhee is a proven spud, Stanton is just a bigger spud.

Both hacks.

Both have to go.

Jetta goes before Stanton we could get something for Stanton though

Along with McPhee, I'm well and truly sick of Stanton. Been saying it for a couple of years now, and pull my hair out every week as to why the media are in love with him. We could live without the innacurate kicking and hospital passes I think...

Re: does lloyd have grounds for legal action

umm What?

Anyways, i'm going to post in regards to what i thought this post was related too,
Apparently Shoenmakers pushed Lloyd into Sewell, may not have resulted in the bump, but it will probably help his cause on Tuesday.

Re: does lloyd have grounds for legal action

You should listen to the SEN callers, the Hawthorn ones are trying to say that Lloyd's was worse than Franklin's. Even though the still frames show that Sewell didn't have his head over the ball, Shoenmakers pushed him and Sewell only had the ball for a split second... Cousins had the ball and chose to bump instead of tackle, if Lloyd tackled it would've ended in the exact same result, Lloyd had no other option.

If he is suspended, I'm not going to cry like a bitch <enter Hawthorn supporters/president>

Remove this Banner Ad

Post-Hawthorn Win; Merged Threads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back