Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Will the Crouch brothers be ins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it's my opinion IF the club dropped Brad to send a strong message ......i don't think 1 week changes any behaviors
He wasn't dropped because of poor behaviour.

He was dropped because he's not match fit for afl & was not following our required structures.

Out of about 10 attempts Henderson gave the required effort ONCE (last quarter members side)…pathetic. Not hurting the opposition with run or disposal….Wigg would be a massive improvement.

van Berlo was putrid for 3 quarters, then got some junk time stats. But honestly those first 3 quarters were laughable….if we are not willing to restructure then he must be replaced by a defender. Obviously Laird if fit and ready. If not then Kelly or Doedee come in. Why the hell are we wasting time?

The midfield was still pretty poor. Thompson should be dropped (but won't). I'd bring in Brad Crouch but yeah it won't happen. So CEY for me.

IN: Wigg, Laird, B Crouch
OUT: Henderson, van Berlo, Thompson
How funny would that be crouch stays in SANFL after 36 touches and clearances and tackles and CEY comes in after 22 touches

Seriously you have no clue about match fitness sometimes...
no difference in the rehab of Laird and Brad ......but you have diametrically opposed views of whether straight in the AFL or SANFL ......just a touch inconsistent here Kane ;)

Henderson- If you combined the aboves toughness and willingness to put his body on the line with Hendos footskill and speed you have a passable footballer

Doesn't have a left foot. Drop him

People people people VB will not be dropped, even with my VB hate glasses I thought he played OK, as he should of. Therefore using my powers of deduction, and seeing as he played way worse and was kept/brought in he wont be dropped. Think Hendo or Cheney for Laird/Brouch. BTW great decision playing Brouch in the SANFL, causal BOG meaning absolutley F-ALL. Good one again campo/noble...another master-stroke in our vanilla match comittee as shown below.

vB should stay but only just ...and it hurts me to say that.
I think anyone could have played better than this list clogger given we were playing the blind school.

He wasn't dropped because of poor behaviour.

He was dropped because he's not match fit for afl & was not following our required structures.
From what i have heard ......it was behavior .....not playing the way Adelaide coaches want him to play .....no-one except in your imagination has suggested match fitness had any baring on the selectors decision, either to bring him straight back in ...or to drop him

no difference in the rehab of Laird and Brad ......but you have diametrically opposed views of whether straight in the AFL or SANFL ......just a touch inconsistent here Kane ;)
2 weeks of not training - Wayne says bring laird back via the sanfl, Kane says bring him straight back into the Afl team.

Hardly played a consecutive game in 18 months! - Wayne says brouch is good to go, Kane says needs more Sanfl games to get match fit.

Yeah, who is inconsistent... Who wants to play a gun player in the Sanfl after a 15 month less layoff...

Start to think before you post! ;)

My Answer :

Bontompelli, Liberatore, Wallis, Dalhaus, Macrae, Picken...

Dangerfield, Selwood, Duncan, Guthrie, Caddy....

Prestia.......................................................
Midfielders who are match fit.

Your point... ;)

From what i have heard ......it was behavior .....not playing the way Adelaide coaches want him to play .....no-one except in your imagination has suggested match fitness had any baring on the selectors decision, either to bring him straight back in ...or to drop him
You still sticking to your claim brouch has been afl match fit - lol, lol, lol.

2 weeks of not training - Wayne says bring laird back via the sanfl, Kane says bring him straight back into the Afl team.

Hardly played a consecutive game in 18 months! - Wayne says brouch is good to go, Kane says needs more Sanfl games to get match fit.

Yeah, who is inconsistent... Who wants to play a gun player in the Sanfl after a 15 month less layoff...

Start to think before you post! ;)
Wayne said the club would pick B.Crouch .......why do you continue to change the events

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You still sticking to your claim brouch has been afl match fit - lol, lol, lol.
Yes ....match fitness had nothing to do with B.Coach being dropped ......the club has a history of NOT picking any player that's not fit to go

Even though we won that game by a decent margin, a number of players were exposed and they deserve to be dropped.

Out: Van Berlo, Henderson, Thompson, Brown (if injured)
In: Laird, M. Crouch, B. Crouch, Wigg (if Brown is injured)

• Van Berlo confirmed today he is not AFL standard. I suspect he will stay in the team with his 20+ disposals though :(. I'd bring in Laird for him
  • Henderson is just shit. Get him out for a proper midfielder. B. Crouch shouldn't have been dropped and has once again torn up the SANFL so I'd bring him in. He can play outside (or Sloane can or Douglas can) instead of Hendo
  • Thompson is cooked. Looked slow and several steps off the pace against a terrible Gold Coast side. He should be rested for M. Crouch
  • Cheney was garbage. Kelly has had nearly 30 touches in the SANFL. Lets bring him back in.
  • If Brown is injured we can bring Wigg in.
Chopping Block: Cheney. If Kelly can reproduce his SANFL form in the future we could see Cheney gone.

Of course we're never going to make 5 changes to a winning side. The only change we're going to see is:

Out: Brown (ankle)
In: Laird
Why wouldn't we make changes to a winning side? We beat a neafl side today, that performance today would have beaten 3 TEAMS out of 18..nothing to be proud of from that effort. If players who are clearly NOT up to afl standard such as cheney, henderson, thommo, van berlo are not dropped then that club has got real problems. You are right though, they are too weak to make changes and are protecting their jobs by playing old players who they think can somehow transform to 5 years ago...lol instead of playing the future. If changes are not made we will get pumped by 40 +next week.
Players that need to come in when fit:
Laird
M Crouch
Hampton
Knight
CEY
B Crouch
McKay

Players who should never grace the afc guernsey ever again:
Henderson
Cheney
Thommo
Van Berlo

Players we need games into this year:
Doedee
Dear
Menzel
Wigg
Gore
Greenwood

Players on chopping block if performance doesnt improve:
Hartigan
Seedsman
Brown
Douglas
Jacobs

Last edited:
Wayne said the club should pick brouch after a solid month of football.
I said on the back of a month of solid training, which included holding him back a week, being conservative that he should and would be picked

upload_2016-5-21_18-55-23.png

In: m crouch, Laird, Kelly
Out: van berlo, Cheney, Henderson

B: Brown, Talia, lever
Hb: Smith, Hartigan, Laird
C: Cameron, Thompson, Atkins
Hf: lynch, Jenkins, McGovern
F: Betts, walker, milera
R: jacobs, Sloane, Douglas
I: Kelly, m crouch, seedsman, Lyons

Are you serious, 2 games on arguably the 2nd & 3rd best midfields in the Comp against a Prestia and a Joe the goose midfield today...

Our midfield should be embarrassed today to have not absolutely dominated..
So your solution is to pick someone who hasn't played a good game all year because they aren't ready...

So your solution is to pick someone who hasn't played a good game all year because they aren't ready...

My solution :

Never, and I mean NEVER was a there a better opportunity to play clearly our most talented current midfielder back into AFL match fitness and form than today as was clearly shown by his B.O.G. performance 37 disposal, 11 clearance game in the Snaffle.

Why wouldn't we make changes to a winning side? We beat a neafl side today, that performance today would have beaten 3 TEAMS out of 18 today...nothing to be proud of from that effort. If players who are clearly NOT up to afl standard such as cheney, henderson, thommo, van berlo are not dropped then that club has got real problems. You are right though, they are too weak to make changes and are protecting their jobs by playing old players who they think can somehow transform to 5 years ago...lol instead of playing the future. If changes are not made we will get pumped by 40 +next week.
Players that need to come in when fit:
Laird
M Crouch
Hampton
Knight
CEY
B Crouch
McKay

Players who should never grace the afc guernsey ever again:
Henderson
Cheney
Thommo
Van Berlo

Players we need games into this year:
Doedee
Dear
Menzel
Wigg
Gore
Greenwood

Players on chopping block if performance doesnt improve:
Hartigan
Seedsman
Brown
Douglas
Jacobs
Hartigan? Surely you're taking the piss

My solution :

Never, and I mean NEVER was a there a better opportunity to play clearly our most talented current midfielder back into AFL match fitness and form than today as was clearly shown by his B.O.G. performance 37 disposal, 11 clearance game in the Snaffle.
On team selection last week I said the same thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Back