Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Will the Crouch brothers be ins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Only problem, none of them are midfielders, I don't have a problem with Lyons staying in but not at the expense of B. Crouch & M. Crouch [if fit], Ok with Thompson being rested or Douglas going back to to the Snaffle...you do realise Lyons only managed 3 clearances against a midfield consisting of Prestia and a no name midfield, I thought Lyons was brought in for his "clearance" work??.....

GWS midfield : Mumford, and a mix of Stephen Coniglio, Dylan Sheil, Ryan Griffen, Will Hoskin-Eliott, Josh Kelly, Toby Greene, Jacob Hopper, Callan Ward, Tom Scully, Jack Steele.........scary thought!!
We're down one mid on our structure earlier in the season anyway. I want Brouch in for hendo.

One thing I'll say is we've ve got some great young players if we can move the plodders on. The fear I have is because we are a chance to finish in the finals we will stick with experience and finish a respectable 5th or so. I'd rather roll the dice on some more newer players and be realistic looking at 2017-2018 flag push.

image.png As good as the win today was, we need to rapidly improve our team defence and defensive structures. Our midfield will need a huge lift too. It's a fairly impressive midfield/ruck and forward line GWS have.

View attachment 249251 As good as the win today was, we need to rapidly improve our team defence and defensive structures. Our midfield will need a huge lift too. It's a fairly impressive midfield/ruck and forward line GWS have.

Understatement??

I genuinely believe we need to drop Thompson if we are to win against GWS. He is by far the worst of our midfielders in speed, defensive pressure, and skills in close. His disposals today against Gold Coast were either basic handballs, not damaging sideways movement, or clangers.

GWS will target him, make him accountable, and he will get destroyed. This will lead to our entire midfield getting torn a new one.

I'd play Lyons, M. Crouch and Sloane at stoppages, with a rotation of Douglas, B. Crouch and Cameron through there as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely believe we need to drop Thompson if we are to win against GWS. He is by far the worst of our midfielders in speed, defensive pressure, and skills in close. His disposals today against Gold Coast were either basic handballs, not damaging sideways movement, or clangers.

GWS will target him, make him accountable, and he will get destroyed. This will lead to our entire midfield getting torn a new one.

I'd play Lyons, M. Crouch and Sloane at stoppages, with a rotation of Douglas, B. Crouch and Cameron through there as well.
Yep - perfect week to rest him

He is a good player still when up and going ( rounds 1-5) but he's looking banged up and needing a rest

Bring Brad in

Whoever dropped Brad Crouch is a ******* moron. He's clearly too good for SANFL and there's no reason to play him there.

Today he had 36 touches, (19 kicks 17 handballs), 6 marks, 5 tackles, 11 clearances, 3 inside 50s. And he will continue to do so from now until eternity if he remains there.

On top of that we have a bye next week and we just have to keep getting Brad Crouch into good, AFL form

Interesting. Campo described that decision as being really smart. "We've made a decision and, as a group, we think we're really smart. We make really good decisions. We're really smart." What a furking idiot that guy is.

Interesting. Campo described that decision as being really smart. "We've made a decision and, as a group, we think we're really smart. We make really good decisions. We're really smart." What a furking idiot that guy is.
Campo was in charge of one of the least accountable midfield ever in the AFL (Essendon circa Knight), no ****ing idea why we targeted him. Guessing he was cheap and Trigg wanted to save money.

Campo was in charge of one of the least accountable midfield ever in the AFL (Essendon circa Knight), no ******* idea why we targeted him. Guessing he was cheap and Trigg wanted to save money.

We were one of only 2 clubs that didn't identify footy dept spend. Triggy obviously didn't want to embarrass the rest of the league with our enormous spend.

These are the likely midfields of the GWS game:

GWS:
Shiel - Ball magnet, great breakaway speed, gun
Ward - Excellent player. In great form.
Coniglio - Excellent player, regularly gets 30 touches
Kelly - Young gun in fantastic form. Been damaging with ~25 touches
Hopper - One of the best debuts I've seen for an inside mid
Greene - Gets a lot of ball and is damaging up forward. Has decent pace
Scully - Been very solid as a defensive midfielder and half back
Wilson - Extremely fast line breaker with a long, penetrating kick
Whitfield - #1 pick who's probably a 5th or 6th string mid in this side
Mumford - Gun ruckman

Adelaide:
Sloane - Gun, always goes hard, great player
Thompson - Slow, defensively unaccountable, cooked
Lyons - Been very good for us recently, but a bit vanilla
M. Crouch - Ball magnet with so-so disposal
B. Crouch - Dropped to SANFL and looks off the pace at AFL level. His best is elite
Douglas - Has had a quiet season, struggled to do anything of note
Atkins - Been good on the outside as a young player
Seedsman - Hot and cold. Damaging when in form.
Smith - Been out of form, but is very good when in form
Jacobs - Really struggled this year. Hasn't had a great game this whole season

It gets even worse if we keep in Van Berlo and don't bring back Brad Crouch

These are the likely midfields of the GWS game:

GWS:
Shiel - Ball magnet, great breakaway speed, gun
Ward - Excellent player. In great form.
Coniglio - Excellent player, regularly gets 30 touches
Kelly - Young gun in fantastic form. Been damaging with ~25 touches
Hopper - One of the best debuts I've seen for an inside mid
Greene - Gets a lot of ball and is damaging up forward. Has decent pace
Scully - Been very solid as a defensive midfielder and half back
Wilson - Extremely fast line breaker with a long, penetrating kick
Whitfield - #1 pick who's probably a 5th or 6th string mid in this side
Mumford - Gun ruckman

Adelaide:
Sloane - Gun, always goes hard, great player
Thompson - Slow, defensively unaccountable, cooked
Lyons - Been very good for us recently, but a bit vanilla
M. Crouch - Ball magnet with so-so disposal
B. Crouch - Dropped to SANFL and looks off the pace
Douglas - Has had a quiet season, struggled to do anything of note
Atkins - Been good on the outside as a young player
Seedsman - Hot and cold. Damaging when in form.
Smith - Been out of form, but is very good when in form
Jacobs - Really struggled this year. Hasn't had a great game this whole season

It gets even worse if we keep in Van Berlo and don't bring back Brad Crouch
Our only hope is to kill them on rebound from our D50, however I'm not confident of that. They've got pace everywhere, we definitely won't be able to handball the ball around like we did today against GC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R10: Changes v GWS

Back