Review R18: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Thilthorpe - Looked a class above in the conditions, the actual future
Soligo, Taylor, Dowling, Berry - A great showing by the kids against some seasoned opposition
Sholl - Maybe not stat wise but probably his best all round game
Nank - Becoming a very reliable player, just getting started too
Max and Bond - Gave their opponents nothing
Dawson - a more Dawson like game then recently

p.s. I'd love to get Phillipou and NWM into crows guernseys asap

Taylor does things in the heat of the contest that just let you know he’s gonna be a player. He’s like the Anti Laird, doesn’t just whack it on the boot in panic but takes an extra second to try and get it to a player on the outside in a better position. One of those players that seem to have that extra second in the contest. Must play every game from here on out.

Good
Soligo continues to improve. So good getting out of tight spaces. Pretty sure now he’s gonna be a genuine A-grade mid.
Taylor, Dowling, Bond held their own
TT obviously
Sholl
Was pretty much all-played-well actually
Veterans are not carrying the team. We should continue to improve as the side matures.

Bad
A lot of htbs not paid to us
Pick 4,5?

Ugly
TT sub. Worked out in the end, but still a crazy gamble

I thought EH was more than serviceable in the first half. RTT is a beast.

Some of our kids relished the opportunity. Scholl (That pickup and goal) and Keays both impressed and just keep getting involved.

Bad:
David Mackay! He was hardly sighted!

Nah this was a great game in tough conditions!

And no injuries or reports (we think)!!

Good:
Plenty of promising signs going forward. Bond completely shut Higgins out of the game and was composed with ball in hand.

Taylor looked lively

Cook played his best game for us

Nank already plays like a veteran

TT is a beast

Dowling was good in the clinches

Bad:
Taking as long as it did to debut Dowling and Taylor.

Not playing Nank in round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he could replace Smith on a HBF, it's not the midfield but I will take it. Just don't play him as a kpp.
Curtin will be fine there, he's a playmaker. Sheezel and Daicos started on the HB flank as it's the most ideal position to get into the game and to showcase their skills before eventually transitioning into the middle.

Not a game to remember, but a promising performance in tough conditions.

Good:

Thilthorpe: Did Nicks deserve that to work as a sub? Absolutely not. Did Thilthorpe show something to say the hype of him having a breakout year pre-injury was legit. Yup. Looked legit.
Soligos class really shone through that game with his movement. Another good preseason and he could push himself into being an elite 3rd mid.
I was happy with Fogarty game. Not one for key forwards - mostly - but competed hard and was a menace as a target. Ditto Walker, who looks like he should get another contract.
Dowling takes another big moment. Kids got ice in his veins.
I had a lot of time for both Berry and Taylors games. 7 clearances to both in the wet and both seemed to be rather instrumental in putting the game on Adelaides term in the second quarter. Taylor in particular, that kids star is rising.
Keays was brilliant - minus the goal kicking, but fair enough this week.
The defensive unit of Keane, Murray and Butts did serious yeoman work. That Murray hit as well was ~chefs kiss~.
Bond handled his debut well, and beat Higgins silly. I think he'll get axed for Hinge next week - as someone needs to - but did himself no harm with that effort.
Dawson had a big bounceback. Keep him behind the football more!
Sholl done a pretty bang up job saving his career this year and has morphed into a solid winger.
Nankervis keeps on looking like a neat and tough footballer.

Eh?

I thought Rachele was good in the first half and faded badly in the second half (with one or two bad moments to boot). I thought Cook was invisible in the first half and owned his moments in the second well. Considering the position can be hot and cold, willing to shrug and move on.
Laird was good, but getting done multiple times with the soccers to the boundary is just dumb football if you know the umpires are hot on it.

Sad:

Yeah, that game showed that the end has come for Smith. Just seemed a step too slow for heat the Saints brung.

Good
Soligo continues to improve. So good getting out of tight spaces. Pretty sure now he’s gonna be a genuine A-grade mid.
Taylor, Dowling, Bond held their own
TT obviously
Sholl
Was pretty much all-played-well actually
Veterans are not carrying the team. We should continue to improve as the side matures.

Bad
A lot of htbs not paid to us
Pick 4,5?

Ugly
TT sub. Worked out in the end, but still a crazy gamble
Sorry that Ugly is not acceptable if it worked out. Please take your application and resubmit with something really ugly, like Cameron Ling’s face or similar

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back