• J. Graham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Campbell

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • K. McIntosh (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why they chose to play Pickett as a mid, rather than McAuliffe or Sonsie.

I'd keep Hugo and Banks on the wings ahead of him too. Probably time for him and Kmac to spend some time in the VFL.

Clearly his role was to sit on Petracca which he did well, first half especially. Big reason we were in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Typical Top 4 vs Bottom 4 game.
Dees never got into 4th gear.(Didn't need too.They have bigger fish to fry the next 2 weeks).
Pleasing too see good games from Dow,Ralphsmith Brown & MrJ.
But just shows how much we miss Sexy and how vital we get a near like for like as possible.

Bar is very low for Hugo, but I thought he was okay tonight. His speed is definitely a weapon and didn't use the ball any worse than Kmac and Pickett have been on the wing.

If we want to be contending again we're going to need to recruit some wingers though. Quite a few on the list and right now none of them are really good enough aside from Ross when he plays there.
You’re exactly right, in fact the bar is low for a lot of players. I couldn’t say for certain that any player on our list will still be here when we have our next crack at a flag. To me we are delaying the inevitable rebuild which will bring us the draft picks to draft our next cotch, dusty, reiwoldt, rance and the list goes on.

Interesting lil stat

Arguably our 2 best "4 qtr" players were Maurice & Dow. Removing the sub & injured Hopper, both also had the least amount of time on the ground, playing only 70-72% TOG.

Dow, Hugo, Young, Maurice were great. Miller just did Miller things.

Campbell needs a rest, just dropped off a little. Grimes has lost his pace and spring and unfortunately I think that was what gave him that edge.

Pickett fumbled so often that, while he was useful, he sold us into trouble so much.

Umpiring was two different sets of rules for the teams. Very frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All part of the grand plan

secret smell GIF
No that wasn’t part of the plan… he needs to have to some trade value
Not SANFL trade worth

He’s literally filled with concrete.. his kicking is putrid

No that wasn’t part of the plan… he needs to have to some trade value
Not SANFL trade worth

He’s literally filled with concrete.. he’s kicking is putrid
Part of the pick 2 plan...

Isn't he a FA. AFL will give us a shit sandwich as compo

Our worst loss of the year 43 points, we are not even competitive anymore now. Play ther kids FFS!
They are playing the kids, and they were competitive for most part. We matched them in plenty of areas, but not on the scoreboard obviously. Hardly surprising given the make up of our team, and who we were playing. Relax. Gonna be a rough season, doesn't mean it has to be a wasted season. With the injuries means the club will get a good look at the list. Some will be given the chop at the end of the year, and hopefully we get a good look at the draft and nail as many as we can. We can only work with what we have, and it is what it is. I personally am happy with our coaching, and we are competitive, but lacking class. We have brought in a number of young players already, and more will get a go as the season progresses. Don't want to 'rebuild' like North.

Dusty looks so done, will just get him to 300. No way he plays on next year!

Definitely not for us anyway.

He looks either done with footy, or done with us. Either way....disappointing. Guy was the GOAT and treated his last few years with us like a paid maternity leave. Literally turning up to collect the cheques.

If he was committed to this team, he would be playing the whole game in the middle where we need him. I get the impression that he dictates his own terms & has done so for a few years.

Dow is improving every week.
Hugo Ralphsmith was good.
Maurice really good minus the finishing.
Young was much better.

Don’t see enough in Banks right now but he’s still so young.

Hopefully the Hopper injury isn’t so bad and we get Prestia, Balta back over the next couple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 7 ANZAC eve roast and toast changes for Freo

Back