Autopsy Richmond v Carlton, AFL Rd 1 2020 - Thursday 19 March 2020 - 7:25 PM (AEST) - Teams announced

Tigers v Blues - who wins?

• Tigers by lots

Votes: 56 67.5%
  • Tigers by a bit

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Draw? Too close to call?

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Blues by a little bit

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is Richmond's oldest Round 1 team since 1982, yet if Betts is subbed in for Fisher, Carlton is older.
Which just goes to show how stupid the whole “one team is older than another” arguement is.. one or two older players skews the entire average age of a team..

The worm would be permanently below the equator
Bad for both sides then?
Listening to daisy Thomas saying Richmond players use glue so that they can pick the ball up in the wet. Just watching the difference in ground ball for the last few years between Richmond and rest makes sense. He said whenever we touched the ball after Richmond players had it would stick to our hands like glue. Some superior gripping they’re using.
Obviously you never played footy in the days when products were made for this because it used to rain. The commentators were talking about the balls being disinfected. We used to have two balls for the Seniors which alternately received the hair dryer treatment!

Carlton should take advantage of this situation to declare that one or more of the players has contracted covid 19 and as a result the entire squad must sit out the season.
At which point they may want to revamp the entire squad and mentality and give themselves hope some day down the line.
same old carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm old enough to remember when Carlton used to beat Richmond in the first match of the season. I'm 67.
I'm old enough to remember a time when teams didn't look forward to playing Carlton.

That's not completely true. I was in my early 20s when that started....I'm 40 and not much has changed since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Richmond v Carlton, AFL Rd 1 2020 - Thursday 19 March 2020 - 7:25 PM (AEST) - Teams announced

Back