AFL Toast RND 13: Win Against The Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

jimmy valmer GIF by South Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That third quarter was the best footy we've played all year.

2MP makes me happy in the heart and hard in the pants.

Umpires over officiated the game, glad it didn't affect the result in the end.

And finally, being at the ground and seeing Carlton fans leave early was like crack to me.

UP THE MIGHTY BOMBERS.

Martin best on again. AA wing, kicking and decision making is unreal

Caldwells 2nd half was enormous probs our 2nd best

Hobbs i said would be imhis best game for the club, didnt get involved much in the last but his first 3 quarters were clearly his best for the club

Tall defenders got the job done, looked shaky at times but to be expected against the 2 most recent coleman medalist

Perkins 12 disp and many cbas forst half very solid and shows he can potentially be a mid. Cripps did SFA first half and he was on him

Stringer catalyst for alot of the 3rd quarter storm

Menzie needs a mention, brilliant again

• lol @ Sam Walsh ... leading disposal getter on the ground @ 3QT yet was ranked #34. Tom Mitchell-esque performance by him
  • Caldwell and Hobbs in the third quarter were brilliant. Really sharp in and under work.
  • Martin's decision-making and ball use is exquisite
  • Lewis Young ... never seen a taller rabbit. Lmfao
  • Weids ... geez you might want to practice your marking over the break
  • shove. it. up. your. date. carlton. maggots.

Last edited:
**** yeah! Having Hobbs and Caldwell running around the midfield for the next 10+ years does weird things to me. Could be the most UnEssendon players we’ve had in a bloody long time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

• lol @ Sam Walsh ... leading disposal getter on the ground @ 3QT yet was ranked #34. Tom Mitchell-esque performance by him
  • Caldwell and Hobbs in the third quarter were brilliant. Really sharp in and under work.
  • Martin's decision-making and ball use is exquisite
  • Lewis Young ... never seen a taller rabbit. Lmfao
  • Weids ... geez you might want to practice your marking over the break
  • shove. it. your. date. carlton. maggots.

Carlton supporters on BigFooty want to bash Andrew McGrath for being a small defender. Has a clear cut #1 selection not progressed as little as Sam Walsh?

That was a great great win. Yet another time this team rose to a challenge and they are buying this coaching and method. Yet again we saw different tempo at different times and we didn't panic when the pressure came. Brilliant win.

And big claps to merrett.. this won't go down on his career highlights reel but I actually think it was one of the best captains games we've had for years. To acknowledge you are getting beaten.. to accept the move to the forward line and then WORK that position.. kick 2 goals, set another 2 up and put your team in the drivers seat.. and even with 65 seconds to go.. he was running down players in the middle. That is a leader. It is ok to get beaten.. ok to have a poor quarter/poor half.. but a leader is about to find a way to impact.. to find a way to contribute to the team and Merrett did that. I thought it was huge and you could see the young boys follow his example.

On that.. hats off to Scott and the coaches.. finally finally finally a bombers team that values the tackle and the pressure. So many guys doing the little things.. the shephards.. the running off the ball.. the gut running down the wings. Just awesome.

Weeds clearly our 'worst on' but I actually think he played ok considering it was his first game with Wright.. he dragged his man away from the contest.. in the first we saw a lot of 'packs' in front of goal and it wasn't working.. from the 2nd quarter onwards we saw a lot more space up forward and Weeds dragged his man up the wings a lot. No doubt he needs to take more marks and ultimately kick more goals.. but he competed and if we can get him and Wright flying.. our forward line looks potent.

The only big concern for me is our key defensive backs. Our back 6 are doing very well and very good chemistry but they are undersized. We need a really big back and then the team is looking pretty good.

And what a bloody season.. turn at 8-5, equal 3rd on the ladder.. with parish and shiel still to come back. Wright, Guelfi, Snelling all back.. its just all set up for a very exciting back end of the season. Love this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast RND 13: Win Against The Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back