Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton

Emilia Clarke Laughing GIF

I can not believe that the BF Carlton board are looking at moving on Voss smh

They had more I50's
They were 3.10 that could have easily been 8.5
They were winning clerances
in the 1st half - they lead tackles

I'd start by looking at 6 or 7 player more than moving on the coach.

They're the ones that have let the "emblem" down.

Been with family but couldn’t help but keep an eye on it the whole night.

Considering how tough we thought our fixture was going to be, I think 8–5 into the bye is as good as any of us could’ve dared to hope for.

Welcome back 2MP, you absolute specimen.

Eat crap scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot believe we are at 8 wins at this stage. I thought we'd struggle to even get 8.
A few superiors were saying that 3-7 was going to be a good result at the start of the year! This first half of the year has been an absolute dream.

A few superiors were saying that 3-7 was going to be a good result at the start of the year! This first half of the year has been an absolute dream.
Considering our draw, the age of our list and then the massive injury list we had.. I found it hard to see how we would win this many. Hats off to the team and the coaches.. a brilliant first half of the season.

Now just hope they stay grounded and keep it rolling. Have set themselves up beautifully for a real shot at finals footy.

In all seriousness the game was on our terms in the first quarter and it was close. Carlton then won the arm wrestle, got the game on their terms and proceeded to get destroyed.

They stink, they utterly, utterly stink.

My old man passed away last October. He hated Carlton with a passion. Just hated them.

In 2017 he ended up in hospital with what we believed was a mild stroke. It was very weird. He spent roughly three weeks recovering at the Royal Melbourne in a dark windowless room and he hated it. My younger brother and I went in to visit him to cheer him up knowing he’s been down in the dumps. The stroke affected his speech so Dad just chose not to speak at all whilst he was there.

So my brother and I chatted to him about news in general and he’d just nod, or we’d talk about the kids and again he’d sort of shuffle in his bed and sort of grunt and nod. He was giving us nothing. So we decided to talk about footy in an effort to perk him up.

My younger brother mentioned Essendon had a good win that week and he sort of nodded and then my brother said ‘Poor old Carlton lost to Sydney by about 80 points to Sydney. They’re up shit creek right now…’

My Dad turned his head and looked at us both with true anger in his eyes and said the first words he’d said all week ‘FAAAARK CARLTON!’

From that moment we knew he’d be ok.

I hope wherever he is now he enjoyed that tonight. Miss him.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast RND 13: Win Against The Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back