Preview RND 15 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 30th June 5.20PM (EST) @ Optus Stadium - Final Team Post #517

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crippa looked to be proppy (hopefully a real word... grammar police?) after the siren vs doggies.

A huge out - like losing two players.

Explains Crippas crap game (by his standards) against the puppies.

Still suffering from a really bad case of leather poisoning from the Lions game.

Word from Andrew Russell is they still havent managed to get the Sherrin imprint off his foot.

One of the worst cases of leather poisoning in a long time. Would set the average footballer back 8 weeks. But just 1-2 for the great man.

You can't replace a Cripps. Just need the whole side to lift by 10%.

Need big games from Walsh, SPS, Dow, LOB ,Thomas, Murphy. I think JSOS will get a solid run through the middle and I think he will do really, really well.

Who captains? Murphy?

We seem to say this as though it's a simple matter of course.
There's little to date to suggest JSilvagni can make for an inside mid.
He may yet do a 'Jobe Watson' but there's been no evidence of note, that can remotely tie him into this post.

The mantle should be handed to Setterfield to take things over from Cripps. Great fillip for the guy should we do it.
SPS & Dow have to become more prominent and tag-team better. ECurnow to provide the muscle and Fisher along with Cuningham, some outside zip.

The thing that drives me ****ing insane is they drop Jack to the VFL he plays inside mid and performs. Goes back to AFL plays forward pocket.

Would at least like to see him get a chance off good form in the VFL to fill the same position....

I saw Cripps out and about last week and he looked fine...

Couldn’t have done it on the sesh could he?
There's a higher standard applied to fitness when it comes to running around an oval for 12+ km and 2 hours while throwing your weight around, versus walking to the shops.

Cripps and McKay, are they training injuries, or did they do something silly during the break :think:
They were both battling against the Dogs. Seems the extra week didn't quite take.

Personally I thought McKay had been struggling for the three weeks prior a little bit, glad they're on the cautious side with this.
Not sure why Philips is named.
Ruck emergency. I suspect he'll travel too, along with Kennedy or Lang.

Plenty of teams are doing this. It's to cause a little confusion and make it harder to predict the forward line match ups.

It's more the way in which the video is delivered... player by player with lengthy pauses and close ups of their faces. Feels like a video made for primary school aged children. Just give us the bloody team sheet and be done with it!

Gotta be JSOS and Jones in for Crippa and Harry. Levi playing forward is going to be nostalgic fun. That’s assuming the ball ever goes forward...

For all we know Paddy D might have a breakout game not being in Crippa’s shadow. Fyfe and Walters might also have 100 possies a piece.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I assume the autopsy thread will be full of many " Levi Sucks " posts if he plays forward?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd actually like to see Daisy, Murph and Gibbo at the centre bounces and stoppages (along with Ed if he's in a 'run with' role), with Paddy D, SPS, Walsh and LO'B giving the outside run. Daisy and Gibbo in the scrap against the bigger body Freo mids, and Murph doing what he's been doing for the last decade. JSOS rotating through there as well as floating forward.

We tend to forget that Daisy was an elite mid in his prime, so what have we got to lose?

If we just persist in throwing the kids in the guts against the big bodied Freo mids, we'll get slaughtered.

I'd actually like to see Daisy, Murph and Gibbo at the centre bounces and stoppages (along with Ed if he's in a 'run with' role), with Paddy D, SPS, Walsh and LO'B giving the outside run. Daisy and Gibbo in the scrap against the bigger body Freo mids, and Murph doing what he's been doing for the last decade. JSOS rotating through there as well as floating forward.

We tend to forget that Daisy was an elite mid in his prime, so what have we got to lose?

If we just persist in throwing the kids in the guts against the big bodied Freo mids, we'll get slaughtered.
Agreed. Thinking Teague has had two weeks to plan for this.

Murph has to step up.
Gibbons is a natural onballer.
Ed tries to nullify Fyffe.
Daisy runs through there.
Cuningham, JSOS and setterfield have the bigger bodies. All have stints on ball.
SPS, Fish, Dow, Walsh play limited time onball and are used outside/forward.

I could be totally off the mark here, but I feel like the ins are likely to be JSOS and Kennedy. As much as I would love to see Jonesy back in (one of my favorite players to watch – always calm and composed) and have him or Levi forward, I don’t know that the conditions will necessitate it given the wet. Would rather bring a bigger body in to pressure, 1% and tackle in the F50. Enter JSOS.

Kennedy has got to lift. This is a week we need him sorely as a big-bodied Cripps replacement. Someone is going to have to stand up and be a consistent force in the guts, and Kennedy is only going to get so many chances. This one is gilded – wrapped up with a bow and his name on it…

Every game we think we can win we lose, so the games we know we can't we should win... blues by 30 and Cornes to tell us how Rozee is better and David King to come out with an article 'Could Sam Walsh be the best of all time?' after forgetting he said Blakey will be better than him last week. Followed up on Footy Classified by Damien Barrett covering for Caroline Wilson saying 'Carlton officials believe they are better off without Cripps and are looking for a 2nd rounder in return' to then hopefully have his media license revoked and sent back to the black swamp of his origin

Not sure why Philips is named.
If Kreuze is a late out or we play two rucks I will shake my fist very vigorously at the sky out in the middle of the street.

Really freaks the neighbours out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back