• B. Miller

Votes: 28 17.2%
  • K. McAuliffe (Sub)

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After sleeping on it....we have something to work with ....remember Dimma bailed on this group ...he wasnt fatigued he seen the writing on the wall and $$$$ signs and bailed ......im happy with Yze...hasn't had a full compliment of players and he's got us competitive .....young players are showing a bit....Brown...Campbell...MRJ..... McAcullife....this is a transion year and it's going ok .....big picture......more draft selections ......but kmac is off the pace now .....Pickett if we have to sub .....short needs a rocket up his arse ....panic kicks galore yesterday ....if only cumbo could wake up ....and we all know we are screaming for a power forward a fit Lynch makes a huge difference .....I'm excited at what this team can do ......Yze has been given a huge job and I think he is handling it quite well

Thought we looked pretty good in the first quarter. Pity we couldn't sustain it.
Persist with Miller, Young & Brown down back - get Tresize back in once he's good to go.
Also need to keep playing McAuliffe, Dow, Sonsie, MRJ & Campbell. They all might need the occasional spell in the VFL but think the AFL is where they'll develop best. Add Clarke and maybe Banks & Coulthard to that list.
Ryan, Kaleb Smith & Steely Green still best developing form in the VFL.
Hugo? I'd be playing him and Banks on the wings in VFL for a few weeks and seeing which deserves a decent run of games in the AFL on the wing.

Our backline is solid. Saints only got on top because the Saints bigger bodies eventually got the better of us. Will be interesting to see how the Saints fare against GWS next week.

agree, these kids should all have been schooled over the past 2 seasons. Should have got the experience into them whilst all our experienced flag side players were still there, were younger, stronger, more competetive and able to give more support and protection to the younger guys.
Enjoy the ride, might be a few bumps for a while but hopefully we can return and find a new lot of champs to fill the void that has been left with the demise that age brings. Eat em alive Tigers
Must be difficult getting the balance right between experience and youth...
We never did it right either after '67 and '69...or even after '73 and '74...

Always disappointing to lose but before the game with all our outs, I thought we would lose easily. 7 points and had our chances.

Will be a similar tale all season without forwardline targets.
By half year i expect us to drop off bigtime.
Kids get tired and the oldies just know the reality.

By half year i expect us to drop off bigtime.
Kids get tired and the oldies just know the reality.
Which is a hard pill to swallow because the midway point of the year is (I'm guessing) when we actually have some more winnable contests coming up. It's been a bit of a tough fixture to start the year for us, although I guess almost all teams are a tough opponent on their day.

Bolton's set shot goal kicking is still atrocious. He can't even kick cleanly when passing it off either.

Give me a spell.
'Lay off' McIntosh and Pickett you say .. and the very next post you lay into Bolton who's 10 times better and 20 times more effective than both those two.
Hypocrisy!

Did Pickett get dragged for that poor effort where he stood there and watched his mates having a crack? Imagine if it was Cumberland the board would be going troppo now? One poster who has constantly bagged NIWL for his lack of defensive pressure is surprisingly defending Pickett. meh

Pickett just way too many blunders. Ball use was a momentum killer.

I just want Yze to perhaps mix it up. Put short to the wing cause atm his kicking out from defence is deplorable.
One of Pickett or Macca need to go out.

Ralphsmith he has pace and good over head. Ball use has been poor in previous years but is it any different to pickett and macca. He has been playing well in the ressies. Put him in and lets see what he's got.

To many old premierships players constantly holding on to their spots.

We all have liked fridge but geez his two way running is over exaggerated. Always second to the ball, always chasing tail.
5 weeks out, he shouldn't have started.

Then we have Mansell just a battler. Judson Clarke or Coulthard have more class in one hand than Mansell will ever have.

Lefau we like the story but why is he getting games whilst still on his L's. It seems at our club if they like you you have a better chance of getting a game. Banks prime example.

I have always said reward players who are playing well in the ressies. Only McAuliffe has been rewarded for good form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimately I'm not sure Pickett is a keeper, but if I was to defend him from some of the comments on here from yesterday, I would say that some of those 'non-efforts' we saw came immediately after some massive running efforts by him where any player would be absolutely knackered.

I think I remember one example that people are referring to but just before that he had been involved in a long sprint/second effort type play where you could see after that he was gassed.

I cannot workout what role Graham plays. The guy is quite dangerous around goals but he seems to be positioned between wing and half back. I think he would be better used in the MRJ role. The other alternative is to use him to replace Kmac on the wing
jack graham is hopeless with the ball high in the air in a marking or pack situation, and also he has a very restricted left side to his game, his first two or three metres in getting going are like a snail, his kicking is generally tidy but can't kick over 48m, he plays a Jack Russell type game snapping at the ball carriers heels although pacy weaving skilfull types leave him flat footed, his gut running is commendable..... occasionally is a very very handy Link-Up player when we can use him.

needs to be eased out for cumberland, clarke or hugo immediately.

Not understanding the Sonsie haters. He had an ok game made to look a lot worse by some almighty stuff ups in the last when the game was on the line. The fact he got to those contests and positions is a big tick for me, and get another 30 games in him I reckon he'll be getting those things right. He's only has 12 games, and only 3 last year. I reckon this kid will make it.

We had Bolton pull goals out of his arse and St Kilda miss sitters, don’t sugar coat it we should’ve lost by 30+ and were lucky Martin played.

I don't get this reasoning. The wind was tricky and so they missed that's just bad footy.
Martin played cause he was fit. Bolton is a special talent and can kick goals from anywhere that's why he's a star does the mercurial things.

Saints kicked one goal in the first half they weren't that good and we played well.

3rd qtr only we dropped off and they raised the bar.

Last qtr even.

Lets face it if we had lynch, balta and baker playing we win this easy but unfortunately we didn't and at the end they got us by a goal.

People need to slow down, stop and think (and breath). We can’t drop every senior player. We need some experienced blokes around the kids. And in return, they will be better. For those calling for Pickett and K Mac to be dropped while we got 14 out, i ask them, how did it wirk out for Melbourne when they delisted and traded out all the experience and went with kids? They were hopeless and it stifled the kids development. The kids look good, but they need some big bodies around them.

So the solution is to replace with smaller bodied, less experienced players? It would actually make our performances and reaults worse.
Anthony Banik says Hi.

Potting 2 kids and a guy playing his second game for us. Hmm...

What a stupid comment.

Let's just drop all our senior players and at once and do what Melbourne did under Mark Neeld. That turned out well.

Sonsie got in the right position a lot in the last quarter and made some mistakes. It happens and will happen again. By the way, second in pressure acts for us. Tried his heart out.

Literally potting all of our kids, most of which weren't even bad. Maurice and Mansell good. Campbell and Sonsie made errors but were in the right places. Lefau is out of his depth but competing hard and wouldn't be getting games if we had our full complement.

Strange comment, he has shown exceptional poise through his first 5 games. Had a down game today disposal wise and it's no surprise it came on a ground the size of 10c piece.

Ross is most certainly up to the level. Dow jury out but has showed promise.

Agree. Mansell has been important for our connection between the arcs and is tough as nails.

Yeah I'm sure your daughter could've put one through from 52m against the wind. And tackled like she was shot out of a cannon for the entire game. Maurice is growing game on game.

Equal high in tackles and in our top third for pressure acts. I'm not a fan boy but that's why he is in the team.

In other words, you know nothing about football.

Oh, we conceded 3 goals in a row at the start of the 3rd quarter, 5 games into a rebuild. Boohoo. Maybe the opposition coach, known for making great in game adjustments, made some great in game adjustments? Nah it's all Yze's fault and he's stinking the joint up. We actually rallied well after that and probably got the game even with spurts of momentum. We almost ran over them in the last quarter and if it wasn't for a couple of St Kilda blokes long fingernails we may well be celebrating a win.
Yeah CopThat!

Lefau has improved every week, I don't get the negativity towards him.

No negativity mate for me I'm just pointing out what I've seen.

He averages in his 3 games, 5 disposals, 1.5 tackles, 1 goal, 1.5 marks
If Cumbo was doing those numbers the knives would be out and you cant defend that.

At 195 cms I don't see any leaping marks, crashing packs, running down players with his so called speed and his pressure is non existent.

Good on him for getting his chance but hasn't shown anything that he's going to change our forward line fortunes. Remember he is 26 years old. He got his debut based on 8 disposals. Its a feel good story and I for one was happy he got on the main list but Its time he goes back to the ressies to work on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back