• B. Miller

Votes: 28 17.2%
  • K. McAuliffe (Sub)

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a crack,that's all I ask with half a team.

No Lynch is massive.

WE have to find someone to replace him.

Big Nank was huge.

Yze has been tremendous so far.

Every single game ,we have been in it ,even the Gold Coast game.

Baker in, Dow out.
Do we even have any reserves ready to go?
I’d be playing Naismith next week ahead of kozi.
Mcauliffe injury tbd but you’d think banks gets another crack at it?

God there is some absolutely embarrassing s**t being posted.

We had the great same intent as last week, except without 3 of our best players and on a bullshit non-AFL standard ground that made the entire game a cluster *. Some of you reeling off our kids as if they were the issue are a disgrace. At least they had their hands on the ball with the game on the line.

Our system stood up and got pipped because we’re not mature enough yet. 11 players under 50 games. Great effort.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Excellent post mate. Another rational observer on the reality of our situation. We cannot get Balta back quick enough. He makes a huge difference. Baker back too next week. Lynch we have to all accept no expectation when or if he gets back this year. Go Tiges.

What’s the point of having 2 x 30yo and 32yo crap wingers? Why not have 20yo wingers learning the caper when we are a developing side? Or play Short in a wing … he’s not having a great year at half back that’s for sure.

If we go that way we may as well not play Dusty either since let’s face it
He’s probably not around for our next flag or even next year maybe

Just got to pick our best 22 every week, the kids will push them out but no point doing it prematurely otherwise we turn into west coast or north and destroy whatever we have left of our winning culture

I'm not a member but I'd like an explanation also, and I'm a Graham fan.
He is exactly the type of mid we needed in the team from the first bounce. We have our workhorses we needed some class and speed.
Once again just highlights how selection favouring veterans is actually harming our chances of winning games, it's not longer about protecting the kids. The kids are best available now.

Fingers crossed the messiah (McAuliffe) is ok, would absolutely love to watch him go head to head with Harley Reid next week
Underrated and under appreciated comment.

Not sure I can take too many more honourable losses. Would rather persist with Lefau than Koshitzke.
Lefau is off the pace IMHO, he leaves too much space so he can't get to the tackles that he can do. This can be fixed with good coaching.

Nank was awesome today but Jeeze I would’ve loved to see Naismith in too so at least 1 of them could be deep forward and bring the ball to ground ffs..

Kosi and Lefau was asked too much… Wilke is too elite

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not composed
At least we got within a punch I guess

Think we have hit the tipping point between experience and in-experience

Hopefully we get a few back in over the next few weeks and we snag these types of games because it was definitely winnable

Can we piss Jayden Short off and bring in Kaleb Smith V the Eagles?

Based on our efforts to stop the run and carry, I'm worried about the Eagles...

**Positives
  • Tom brown is gonna play 200 games plus.. and good ones
  • shai is a superstar of the comp
  • dusty still wants it
  • mcauliffe had a bigger impact in 4 minutes that 6 other blokes had all game
  • we had a crack

** negatives
  • broad short and kmac have full belly’s.. happy with their flags.. these 3 spots must go to youth.
  • we can’t persist with kosi
  • Graham was a terrible selection this game
  • sonsies last 5 minutes
Thought Broad was very good

Our first half was very good. The 3rd qtr really dropped off and last we outworked them but too many hack kicks which saints easily marked.
Of course, if lynch and balta play we easily win. Saints are not that much chop.

Yze made some blunders playing lefau and kosi. Id rather Cumberland who is a natural footballer. Quick and strong and leads to the right spots.
Mansell is just an average footballer. He might have a few good games here and there but overall he's nothing to write home about.
Naismith would've been better than kosi. He is worse than i thought. He just doesnt have enough urgency and hurt factor in his game

Thought we battled well for a team full of kids. Our forward line without Lynch or Balta was always gonna struggle - overall we did better than I expected and although we got done was positive to see us fight right to the death. Naismith for kositschke I’d be doing next week. MRioli with a couple of epic chase down tackles was a highlight - saints got a bag of frees in the last quarter but was hard to tell at the ground if they were bullshit, or just us giving them away due to tired legs

Just want to say, people keep mentioning 11 players under 50 games which is true but they’re not the reason why we lost or have lost games this year. There a handful of older players who aren’t up to it and letting us down with lack of run. Graham, kmac, Kosi shouldn’t be playing anymore and Pickett sub. Young players make some mistakes here and there (who doesn’t) but overall offer shitloads more with their effort and run. Our young guys aren’t the problem

Pickett and Macca didn’t make any mistakes that last quarter like Sonsie … because they didn’t touch the friggin ball. It’s easy to go unnoticed when you aren’t anywhere near the pill.

And stop the hate on Kosi. He did a pretty good job and was serviceable in the ruck. He’s there for when injuries hammer us and that’s what happened today

At least we got within a punch I guess

Think we have hit the tipping point between experience and in-experience

Hopefully we get a few back in over the next few weeks and we snag these types of games because it was definitely winnable
Can never really blame injuries, however if you take your two main forwards out of any side, they would struggle.

Tarranto good games are to far in between good last week been average this year for a player on his contract he needs to lift.

You do realize history means faaaaark all tho when playing in the present
No, I mean during the game mostly 1st half. I was saying how on earth are we not demoralising this team. It was unreal. St Kilda was so shambolics that it begged to me ask if we cant end this game on a positive then there is no hope for anything for this team.

What about steely green he seemed comfortable at A grade level in the praccy games?
Will get a crack at it at some stage.
I think I’d prefer Cumberland to kozi at this stage and that’s saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back