• 35: Nathan Broad

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely ran out of gas and didn't take the game on, shocking decision making by castagna at the end, caddy is not AFL standard and has to go, skill errors galore, won't make top 4 and it is going to be tough to win it all this year

We are miles off our 2020 flag form right now. I think they have dropped off on the hunger front which happens to every great side. Who knows what can happen in finals but I can’t see us getting near it this year.

Cotchin just isn’t doing enough as skipper. He’s lazy and I hope he gets called out for it. Enough of this team role excuse; he coasts some weeks. Without Dion we needed him to have a big game.

Jack got smashed by Barrass in the second half. Barely competed.

Vlaustin....having a stinker.

Balta is still young. Made Kennedy look like the fastest full forward on the planet tonight.

Caddy is done.

Our disposal and decision making was diobolical

One tall man short and Caddy is done.
Pickett deep in the BL is a disaster just as much as him in the ruck. It’s not his fault as we continue to use him this way. The definition of insanity is to continue to trial the same experiment and expecting to get a different outcome. Umpiring was shocking, but our simple field kicking was woeful.
Play kids for the rest of the season for 22 as I think we’re done. We’re too slow around the guts and there’s a few blokes on big pay packets that need to hang up their boots as we’re resembling Brisbane 2004 and beyond.

Dunno why people are trying to blame our smalls
The ball lived in the eagles half in that last qtr
That’s on our defenders and mids
Our smalls didn’t get near it because they never had a chance

I thought the umps were terrible for the first 10 minutes and fine after that. Yeah, they got some soft ones - so did we.

That was the worst example I've seen of us 'Giving away a game' for a very long time. At least 3 dreadful errors in the last 8 minutes - Short, Baker, Vlastuin.

Pluses however - CCJ, Chol both good (Yes, Nic Nat beat Chol, but he was still effecive). Vlastuin was finally back in form (until the last 3 minutes). Lambert needs to get fit - that'll come. He was great.

Minuses - Cotchin, Jack, Balta - all really poor.
Can't remember that last time we gave away a game. We don't have many close losses and games like Port earlier was a damn good effort for us.

Honestly can't remember the last time we choked. Those 3 close losses in a row early 2017?

Really bad last 10 minutes.

- Rioli terrible, shirks far too many contests.
- Cotchin really poor game. Had no influence on the game at all, was on Redden at a lot of stoppages who was arguably BOG.
- Why doesn’t Coleman Jones get a go in the ruck?
- Mcintosh/Caddy would have to be the WORST wing combo in the competition.

We choked and it’s very uncharacteristic for us to lose like that. However, that’s exactly why we made top 4 in the past 4 years.

All they had to do was compose themselves and hold onto the lead. That’s it. Instead we try to go for unrealistic shots at goal with only minutes left and give away stupid and obvious free kicks. We should’ve known that West Coast can and will take advantage of our mistakes by converting it on the scoreboard but we continued to make silly mistakes and throw the game away.

This leaves us 1-6 against the other top 8 sides. Realistically speaking, you don’t really make top 4 with a record like that against the best sides that you’re competing for a spot with. Yes we had injuries but that doesn’t change the fact that this record’s not top 4 material.

A disappointing loss and if we continue to play the way we’re currently playing then we may quickly find ourselves a while behind the top teams in the Premiership race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are miles off our 2020 flag form right now. I think they have dropped off on the hunger front which happens to every great side. Who knows what can happen in finals but I can’t see us getting near it this year.

Cotchin just isn’t doing enough as skipper. He’s lazy and I hope he gets called out for it. Enough of this team role excuse; he coasts some weeks. Without Dion we needed him to have a big game.

Jack got smashed by Barrass in the second half. Barely competed.

Vlaustin....having a stinker.

Balta is still young. Made Kennedy look like the fastest full forward on the planet tonight.

Caddy is done.

Our disposal and decision making was diobolical
Flossy was very good. Cotchin and Caddy I agree on.

Castagna blazing away from 50 on his left, had at least 2 players on for a short backward handball and then they would've had the entire 50 in-front of them to hit up a target. Mark take 30 seconds off the clock and potentially kick the sealer. There was heaps of moments in that last quarter that cost us the game, but that one was an absolute killer.

Last edited:
Been playing some blokes who aren’t up to it. Rioli,George,Aarts and caddy are all average. We have 3 small forwards who provide nothing. Hopefully we can make the changes and get some YOUTH in.
Aarts had been pretty good the last few weeks but was putrid all night tonight.

stupid and dumb prepared to call it. Dusty no composure. Baker stupid slap out of bounds. short stupid 50m. bachar bombs it to talls everytime. caddy no influence. then the coaching: drop ccj back or ruck him. really angry with that one boys, we succumed.

This game reminded me of Tigers in 2016. The stagnant movement out of the backline, sideways & backwards. Jack R trying to wrestle with the defenders & getting beaten in the marking contest, Dusty going at 50%, we were very ordinary through the middle of the ground. No structure in the forward line & just an ordinary effort all over the ground, will be very difficult now to make the 4. Plenty of work to do over the bye week, need to change our game plan, as we are going backwards at the moment.

Stupid decisions. Hi I’m not normally a Castagna basher, but that kick at goal that they ran back up the field to get in front, just stupid. Go side ways any where, just not straight on their head.
There were 3 like that. Dusty did it twice and George once. Like we consistently gave them the ball and full credit they took intercept and contested marks every.single.time. We had almost no moments where someone stood up and won a 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back