• 35: Nathan Broad

• 40: Callum Coleman-Jones

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good game, either the umps was really bad against you or we've forced you to make mistakes which led to those free kicks, likely a combination of both. Chol was excellent against Nic Nat and nullified his influence. That kick from Vlaustin was very costly and unforgivable but he was great throughout the match, shutting Darling out who's been in sh*t form for the past few weeks. Balta unfortunately got beaten by Kennedy. Broad was solid but got beaten at ground level at the end before Kennedy marked and kicked that winning goal. Grimes fought hard and provided extra rebound and help. CCJ was really good and you didn't lose anything when Lynch is out. Jack was good early on but got shutdown as the game got on, go beaten in marking contest by Barrass. Bolton is a gun and you shouldn't let him go, was clean throughout the night. Dusty kicked an epic goal, showed great composure and finishing as usual but his influence was in glimpses, seemed to got tagged. Astbury was a huge loss but I don't think he can go with Kennedy on the lead (if Balta got burned, then how can he keep up with JK?) but it would allow Grimes to go on Ryan. Rioli, Castagna shouldn't be in the side didn't do much and had little impact, should've kept Butler instead (was averaging two goals a game before he left). Aarts stilled tried hard but he's one of those players who can turn it on or go missing despite his effort. Cotch for me was good. Prestia was a huge out but then we have injuries as well. Caddy operates best as a high half forward not as a winger. Lambert was great with his efforts and team connection around the ground.

I back you to smash the Saints next week. Good luck.

How the fu** do WC get so many more frees than their oppo yr in yr out. Only thing positive out of that game is we know they are no chance to win the flag.
In the last 20 years Eagles are +900 for free kicks. The "dangerous" tackle by Pickett on Allen 20m out is a rolled gold example. I have seen literally hundreds of them. You just have to expect it and take your chances. We didn't. We could have buried them in that 3rd qtr. We didn't.

Last edited:
There were 2 open players to the right of him too.

But to be fair I could lost just about every player that f’ed up in that last quarter. Even Dusty he could've kicked from 45 and finished that game but he tries to take them on and then snaps and doesn't make the distance.
Agreed dusty played well but **** me he could of really iced and killed it many times , so frustrating. Uncharacteristic errors

The umpires didn't cost us that game and anyone who thinks such has rocks in their head. The Adelaide and Essendon games have all shown that teams are finding ways back into the game against us and we have no killer instinct. How many times do we take leads and end up in a spot where the opposition are within a whisker of us in a flash? The reason is because we carry blokes who run, tackle and do all that stuff well but many of our players simply are terrible users of the football and kill momentum consistenly. Castagna, Pickett, Mcintosh, Aarts, Rioli. We carry too many absolute butchers of the footy in general play. Tonight we dug our own grave and this time we didn't get out. Suck it up everyone.

Castagna taking a shot from 50 on his left lol also our setup defending that play was disgusting. Then Broad letting it get over the back was comical.
He had two free players, had he passed we would’ve won. The guy cannot play football.

changes.
Out Rioli....out. Never to be seen in a Richmond jumper again.
Out george .... not a footballer and the game has gone past him.
Out caddy looked. spent, he just.couldnt move. I’ve said it a million f🤬ing times. Caddy is not a winger. Match com wake up.
Out houli.spent. Head not in the game. Defensive awareness is missing.
Out edwards spent. Way off the pace.
Jack r. was double teamed the whole night. Then was spent by the end and couldn’t take a mark.
baker did some really dumb things, same as balta, who defensive awareness was very poor tonight.
vlaua played well except for that Clanger.
lambert was awesome.
cotchin was too slow.
we got a cooked midfield and we need some young legs...again 😡 been saying this for weeks. Match com. The loss is on you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno why people are trying to blame our smalls
The ball lived in the eagles half in that last qtr
That’s on our defenders and mids
Our smalls didn’t get near it because they never had a chance
They never get near it what are you talking about .

Dropping RCD was a mistake. Caddy & Kmac on the wings hurt. We beed Lambert on a wing, minimum.

Time to accept our blokes are getting old. Cotch, Houli, Edwards, Jack - they all looked.... old! We are asking too much of them.

The backline situation is now in "code red". It is fatal to our hopes. Vloss, Broad, Short, Balta - even Baker. - the amount of times they did legit stupid shit which cost us goals or gifted them good chances - wont get us far. Houli is missing his spots..... can Houli become a wing possibly?

Its the first time i can remember us dropping a game we had won in a long long time. it sucked. But it is a checkpoint moment in our era. We are declining, but we are not dead

Barass
He destroyed Riewoldt up the ground. Out marked him every single time.
Really thought Jack was quite poor in his contests, only had to bring the ball to ground and failed on just about every occasion in the last.

When they have the post mortem there would have been at least a dozen costly errors that cost us the game. Learning the hard way isn't ideal but remove the majority of those errors and we probably win by 30.

One right at the death was Broad playing the front position against Ryan one on one. You could see exactly what he would do and Broad played the perfect stooge.

With this new rubbish chip kick game we’ve suddenly deployed you open yourself up to losses like this. I can’t comprehend why we’ve moved so far away from the chaos play, it got us in the lead and we stopped?

Playing the west coast way just involves skill and if you’re 5% off your winning by < 6 points or your losing by < 6 points. Our strength is our fitness and ability to defend the front half. so why on earth have we switched to allowing easy access to the midfield and then we flood black to intercept the ball, only to chip kick it?

I firmly believe we have over reacted to the new man on the mark rule and it’s costing us. The one team in this league who plays our 2020 style is Melbourne? And look where they are?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The umpires didn't cost us that game and anyone who thinks such has rocks in their head. The Adelaide and Essendon games have all shown that teams are finding ways back into the game against us and we have no killer instinct. How many times do we take leads and end up in a spot where the opposition are within a whisker of us in a flash? The reason is because we carry blokes who run, tackle and do all that stuff well but many of our players simply are terrible users of the football and kill momentum consistenly. Castagna, Pickett, Mcintosh, Aarts, Rioli. We carry too many absolute butchers of the footy in general play. Tonight we dug our own grave and this time we didn't get out. Suck it up everyone.

Well congrats mate I have rocks in my head and you are ****ing blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back