• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker and (I can't believe I am going to say this after his debut) Martyn deserve to come in. Cumberland deserves a debut as well but we wont because George and Aarts are somehow untouchable. If I were the match committee it would be a simple
OUT: Naish, Dow, George,
IN: Cumberland, Parker, Martyn

You have to reward their games and between the 3 of them they had 26 tackles (Martyn had 13 himself). Cumberland looks to have a bit more toe than Aarts but George's year has been objectively worse, whilst Parker seems to have speed and a harder edge than Naish. Would love to see if Parker can play well on the wing for us because he is also deceptively tall and has great speed. Lastly Dow had 0 tackles for the match whilst Martyn had 13 and 30 odd disposals.

Dimma needs to force the Senior team to go down and watch the VFL then ask the question if they can tackle so hard and apply pressure, why cant we? Our VFL team are averaging 10 tackles per game more than the seniors so there are players there that have intent.

Parker's senior experience and size could be of value against Brisbane who are a physical side .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If "the barometer" gets picked I would play Parker for the sole purpose to get in his grill - as we wont win the game it would at least provide some entertainment value...

A month? Leave them there for good
I wouldn't argue otherwise tbh....

I just feel they are Hardwick specials - similar to with Dan Rioli, he'll just keep playing them but the forward half pressure game is dead in the current AFL climate of strolling around the mark and chipping to marking players.

Parker's senior experience and size could be of value against Brisbane who are a physical side .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep they roughed us up last time, at least bring in Parker and Caddy for some aggression.
I dont mind losing if they have a crack and stand up for themselves.

Yep they roughed us up last time, at least bring in Parker and Caddy for some aggression.
I dont mind losing if they have a crack and stand up for themselves.
I really don't understand the negativity on Caddy both from some here and at Tiger match committee.
Sure he may be a little slow but dude is an experienced hard body that can bust through congestion and kick long into the forward line + he is a proven goal kicker when he has played forward.

I would definitely consider Caddy up forward alongside Lynch and Jack as a higher half forward where his footy nous will see him create some space and deliver to the advantage side of Lynch and others.

Gotta try something to generate more scoring opportunities.

Naish didn't miss 1 target on the weekend and did some nice things. He should stay.

I'm still hopeful that at least one of Nank, Prestia, Lambert and Valstuin can make it back. A 60% Nank is better than Chol. If he hurts his knee again then sit him out for the year. I'm still not giving up on finals yet.

Might be worth giving Caddy another crack in the middle, we need some bigger experienced aggressive bodies.

In: Caddy, Cumberland, Parker
Out: Dow, Castagna, Aarts.

Karma for what?
My thoughts exactly. I'm convinced that at least half the stuff they say is simply made up.

And they're never held to account for it.

like a lot of younger players, they have work to do…Cholis no different

he has a lot of upside….played well considering his hand injury (it was 50-50) then rolled his ankle in the first

he put in against 2 rucks the whole night…rarely getting a rest

chol ain’t soft
Like I said, think he has great potential....big call to say he aint soft (for an AFL player), not the most suspect player i've seen in a competition but hardly hard at it. How many times did he get out marked 10m from their goal? He was literally side by side with his man, no body pressure, tried to swat it. Not on. Youth has nothing to do with it, that is attitude.

Karma for what?
2020, kebabgate, groingate.

I really don't understand the negativity on Caddy both from some here and at Tiger match committee.
Sure he may be a little slow but dude is an experienced hard body that can bust through congestion and kick long into the forward line + he is a proven goal kicker when he has played forward.

I would definitely consider Caddy up forward alongside Lynch and Jack as a higher half forward where his footy nous will see him create some space and deliver to the advantage side of Lynch and others.

Caddy is too slow as a mid/winger. He is too slow as a defensive forward. However, our defensive forwards are not being defensive these days and aren't kicking enough goals. Play him in the forward pocket as a genuine marking threat. He is a good kick for goal too and is very difficult to match up on.

Like I said, think he has great potential....big call to say he aint soft (for an AFL player), not the most suspect player i've seen in a competition but hardly hard at it. How many times did he get out marked 10m from their goal? He was literally side by side with his man, no body pressure, tried to swat it. Not on. Youth has nothing to do with it, that is attitude.

2020, kebabgate, groingate.
Has no coach showed him how to use his body and throw it around? Bring back Leppa!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caddy is too slow as a mid/winger. He is too slow as a defensive forward. However, our defensive forwards are not being defensive these days and aren't kicking enough goals. Play him in the forward pocket as a genuine marking threat. He is a good kick for goal too and is very difficult to match up on.
And if any of their imitation hard cases try any cheap shots he will be the first in to stand up for a team mate.

IN: Caddy, Parker, Martyn.
OUT: Aarts, Castagna, Dow.

“Richmond finished with only four fewer entries than Collingwood – 51 to 55.

In the last quarter, the Magpies only had one more inside-50 – 14 to 13 – but kicked seven goals to the Tigers’ one for the term.

Overall, Richmond scored from only 31.4 per cent of its inside-50s for the day and managed just 4.3 from 28 entries in the second-half.”

Cumberland has earnt his spot after his game in the VFL.

We are desperate for some goalkickers, get him in ffs!!

Thank you RFC for the last 4 years....it sbeen amazing
we all waited for flick of the switch this year but it aint happening
We all now wait for 2022 hoping the switch will flick again........

We have a strong draft hand but draft/trade usually takes a while to show any impact....

may be it's time to thank the stars and come to terms with the end of this amazing era

and seriously hope that the next era is not 37 years away...!
Agree with most of what you say but one bad year (let's face it with the injury toll, short preseason, being up for 6-8 years now and being everyone's grand final we look completely exhausted) doesn't mean the end of an era.

You can't win every year in perpetuity. The great Hawthorn side of the 80s was a power for a decade, other dynasty sides win three or four over ten years.

Look what happened after our disaster year of 2016. History will show that came at the beginning of our dynasty. I'm thinking this is the year we had to have to rest the injured and exhausted stars and see what some of these kids are made of. It gives us the chance to reload at the draft/perhaps trade in a gun mid and smash in next year and beyond.

Most of our core group are still in their prime and have lots of footy left. Get some games into the promising kids and go bang !

****ing look out 2022 !

Going to agree with that. There were signs of this when we weren’t as injured. Looking at the injury list, only Broad and Nankervis were playing very well before getting injured. We’ll have to see how we can condition our players better for the next season.

Having said that, a top-10 pick would really do us well IMO. They may be able to impact immediately and still set us up well in the long run.

the only impact players straight out the draft are the number 1 pick and daicos. The rest will need 25 to 30 plus games

I've had a vision.

We win the 22 flag, coming from 14th in 21.

The media will be suicidal .

JOY
I think 13th tho as per 2017. We seem to like the synergy of repeating history. We therefore also need to finish 3rd next year.

Naish is the only one that can hit a target in our midfield at the moment.

do champion data do a % on effective disposals ?

also he played better than Dow

WAS a proven goal kicker .... in 2017, when he kicked 40-odd.
He kicked 17 in 2018 when he still played plenty of forward in 18 games and two in eight games in 2019.
The game has moved on and he's become that guy, who's a class above at VFL level, but too slow and lumbering for AFL.

WAS a proven goal kicker .... in 2017, when he kicked 40-odd.
He kicked 17 in 2018 when he still played plenty of forward in 18 games and two in eight games in 2019.
The game has moved on and he's become that guy, who's a class above at VFL level, but too slow and lumbering for AFL.
Not to nit pick but he actually kicked 21 goals in 2017 and 46 goals in 2018
In 2019 (when we brought Tom Lynch in) he did only kick 17 from 18 games but this was the year we started playing him more up the ground (from part way through the year if I recall - he actually had 10 goals from his first 6 games that year)

Anyway - I'm just looking to find more scoreboard outcomes from our available talent....

Agree with most of what you say but one bad year (let's face it with the injury toll, short preseason, being up for 6-8 years now and being everyone's grand final we look completely exhausted) doesn't mean the end of an era.

You can't win every year in perpetuity. The great Hawthorn side of the 80s was a power for a decade, other dynasty sides win three or four over ten years.

Look what happened after our disaster year of 2016. History will show that came at the beginning of our dynasty. I'm thinking this is the year we had to have to rest the injured and exhausted stars and see what some of these kids are made of. It gives us the chance to reload at the draft/perhaps trade in a gun mid and smash in next year and beyond.

Most of our core group are still in their prime and have lots of footy left. Get some games into the promising kids and go bang !

******* look out 2022 !

I hope you are right however i am on the edge with this

IMO our core group has past it's prime and are closer to the end of their career. Most are 30 and above

Cotch - His output or role will change if he doesn't pull the pin
Houli - should retire
Jack - again slower
Dusty - Prime
Astbury - Slower and may hang up
Prestia - expect him to play around 10-15 games
Nank - Prime but is very injury prone. no back up
Soldo - coming back from injry and for a big man it'll take time to get back (if at all)
Titch - Could go on but his body is letting him down

A longer preseason may help them but i am not expecting the same intensity from them compared to the last 4 years when they were much younger

Kids are the way to go and you can't expect them to play at the same level just yet.

We may be competitive again which is great but sides like Melb, bris & dogs are reaching the peak in terms of age and experience.

Naish didn't miss 1 target on the weekend and did some nice things. He should stay.

I'm still hopeful that at least one of Nank, Prestia, Lambert and Valstuin can make it back. A 60% Nank is better than Chol. If he hurts his knee again then sit him out for the year. I'm still not giving up on finals yet.

Might be worth giving Caddy another crack in the middle, we need some bigger experienced aggressive bodies.

In: Caddy, Cumberland, Parker
Out: Dow, Castagna, Aarts.
Thought Naish looked very comfortable at the level, not rushed at all.

Problem is there’s no such thing as a forward pocket anymore. You can see at the ground they have to push hard up to D50 when the oppo has it, then hard, really hard, back forward when we have it.
Caddy or MRJ would be in ICU after a qtr or two of that.
Baker was great there on Sunday and lively at stoppage also. George is one who does the running piece best, even taking possession behind centre(not many, I know).
I’m think Caddy could play wing between the arcs but defensively would get chopped up.
Problem last Sunday was we had too many that blew up by 3Q time. We don’t need 2 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back