Votes: 16 11.9%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are right however i am on the edge with this

IMO our core group has past it's prime and are closer to the end of their career. Most are 30 and above

Cotch - His output or role will change if he doesn't pull the pin
Houli - should retire
Jack - again slower
Dusty - Prime
Astbury - Slower and may hang up
Prestia - expect him to play around 10-15 games
Nank - Prime but is very injury prone. no back up
Soldo - coming back from injry and for a big man it'll take time to get back (if at all)
Titch - Could go on but his body is letting him down

A longer preseason may help them but i am not expecting the same intensity from them compared to the last 4 years when they were much younger

Kids are the way to go and you can't expect them to play at the same level just yet.

We may be competitive again which is great but sides like Melb, bris & dogs are reaching the peak in terms of age and experience.

IT'S a nightmare scenario in some ways.
Would have been nice to actually put the cue in the rack and rest these tired and worn-out bodies.
But with no one else consistently putting up their hand to consolidate a spot in the eight, we find ourselves still in contention and tempted to either rush guys back or continuing going to the well with others. Hence, it may actually exacerbate the decline somewhat.
Cotch looks almost shot and Jack slowing by the week; what will shouldering more of the load over the next seven weeks or whatever mean in the long run.
PS I'd prefer us playing finals, but in reality we're way off winning it and we simply won't. I think a reset is best abd we can be back in '22 challenging.

IT'S a nightmare scenario in some ways.
Would have been nice to actually put the cue in the rack and rest these tired and worn-out bodies.
But with no one else consistently putting up their hand to consolidate a spot in the eight, we find ourselves still in contention and tempted to either rush guys back or continuing going to the well with others. Hence, it may actually exacerbate the decline somewhat.
Cotch looks almost shot and Jack slowing by the week; what will shouldering more of the load over the next seven weeks or whatever mean in the long run.
PS I'd prefer us playing finals, but in reality we're way off winning it and we simply won't. I think a reset is best abd we can be back in '22 challenging.

We aren’t playing finals this year

I hope you are right however i am on the edge with this

IMO our core group has past it's prime and are closer to the end of their career. Most are 30 and above

Cotch - His output or role will change if he doesn't pull the pin
Houli - should retire
Jack - again slower
Dusty - Prime
Astbury - Slower and may hang up
Prestia - expect him to play around 10-15 games
Nank - Prime but is very injury prone. no back up
Soldo - coming back from injry and for a big man it'll take time to get back (if at all)
Titch - Could go on but his body is letting him down

A longer preseason may help them but i am not expecting the same intensity from them compared to the last 4 years when they were much younger

Kids are the way to go and you can't expect them to play at the same level just yet.

We may be competitive again which is great but sides like Melb, bris & dogs are reaching the peak in terms of age and experience.
Yep we need definitely for some of the young guys to take it by the balls and step up , we need
1. One or two genuine mids in our ranks to step up to take the load off cotch. RCD/Ross/Dow/new recruit must be 20 disp average inside mid next year
2. Naish to finally stop looking like a 12 year old. He does have some skills and we really need clean foot skills on the outside.
3. An angry annoying small fwd brigade back in form, so either castagna/aarts plus one or rioli Jr, Parker , rioli back in peak form
4. Ccj or soldo to work well with Nank again.
5. Stack/mansell to supercede houli if he retires

If we can do that we are a chance but it requires 3-4 fringe players at least to step up. Bolton did it, surely some of these guys can too

Crikey the season just keeps getting worse. The weigels loss seems even worse than first thought. North just beat them over there fn North :'(
Yep since that pathetic 8.9m kick to Josh Kennedy to win the game we haven't fired a shot. Then again neither have the Eagles.

That R13 game might be the loss we needed to stop us papering over some of the cracks. Now at least we can get ahead of the game, play the kids, still try to win every game but rest up some knackered superstars and reload for 22.

Caddy is too slow as a mid/winger. He is too slow as a defensive forward. However, our defensive forwards are not being defensive these days and aren't kicking enough goals. Play him in the forward pocket as a genuine marking threat. He is a good kick for goal too and is very difficult to match up on.
Played forward last time he was in the sr side vs the eagles and did absolutely **** all

He’s lost that competitive edge and just dosent give a toss anymore he’s a known quantity
Would prefer we give Parker a crack 7AB39C7B-922B-4B37-8BE1-30A9CC844320.jpeg B76390F1-A5E8-44A8-A26B-0D1F2BC4888A.jpeg

Parker's senior experience and size could be of value against Brisbane who are a physical side .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wouldn't mind seeing Parko line up on......

THE BARRRRRROOOOOOOOMETER !!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHhahaaha

Fair dinkum that spud would crap his dacks....

My thoughts exactly. I'm convinced that at least half the stuff they say is simply made up.

And they're never held to account for it.
It was chief of the haters Ferret-Barrett. Cant remember a positive article he's written about Richmond in ten years. Karma would be if the door hit him in the ass on the way out of the AFL like it will with $Hocking "the dweeb who ruined the league".

Rioli was named in the bests v Collingwood VFL so he would be starting to be considered for a game.

Going by this Martyn, Parker and Cumberland should come in.

Best players as named v Collingwood VFL.
W. Martyn, M. Parker, N. Cumberland, S. Ryan, B. Henderson, M. Rioli

Rioli was named in the bests v Collingwood VFL so he would be starting to be considered for a game.

Going by this Martyn, Parker and Cumberland should come in.

Best players as named v Collingwood VFL.
W. Martyn, M. Parker, N. Cumberland, S. Ryan, B. Henderson, M. Rioli
That's because nobody recognised the rest of the Richmond players except for their mums.

Cumberland was good, but only 6 games post an ACL. Would be a big ask throwing him an AFL debut. Also played a very different role to either Aarts or George, who do a lot of running. Cumberland spent most of his time in the F50 playing as a stay at home forward target.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

I would bring in Martyn, Cumberland and MJR for Brisbane. Two debutants will lift the mood in the place and bring in enthusiasm. MJR I know is a bit of a long shot but we lack defensive pressure in the forward half and he can at least bring that in spades. He may also spark his cousin into playing well!
Castagna, Aarts and Dow need a run in the twos.

Uncle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played forward last time he was in the sr side vs the eagles and did absolutely fu** all

He’s lost that competitive edge and just dosent give a toss anymore he’s a known quantity
Would prefer we give Parker a crack View attachment 1176863View attachment 1176864

As I would put it, another member of our drought-breaking 2017 premiership team - who we will all be forever grateful to - who's best has come and gone.
But that won't stop a lot of people from failing to see that 2017 has not been frozen in time and you can't live off the deeds of four years ago. Times change and more crucially so do players and their bodies, reaction times, pace, skills etc.

Cumberland was good, but only 6 games post an ACL. Would be a big ask throwing him an AFL debut. Also played a very different role to either Aarts or George, who do a lot of running. Cumberland spent most of his time in the F50 playing as a stay at home forward target.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Dare I say it , exactly what we need - a more traditional small forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back