Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Best 5 vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

While the result sucked and there were a lot of things to be disappointed about today, this game isn't the end of the world. Sure it would have been great to see a stronger performance, but we've been up against it since the Suns game constantly trying to plug holes as the injuries mounted and after a tough start to the season we were always going to have a drop in intensity and effort, it's just unfortunate that it happened against the side that has been the worse performing side over the last 2 years, which makes it a little bit harder to accept.

We're going to see more games like this as the season unfolds and there won't be any GWS or Pies like surge into the finals, we simply don't have the cattle to turn our season around like those teams did. I'd love to be wrong about this and would happily cop the abusive posts that would come along with us making a surge like those teams, but I just can't see it happening. What I can see though is our youth getting opportunities to prove that they belong for the long term and while some are putting lines through certain players, I'm not willing to put a line through anyone until much later in the season. There were players running around in 2016, that many put lines through and said they would never be part of successful sides, but once we got the system and structures right, those players ended up being important pieces of our success.

As for changes for the next game against Melbourne, I don't think it's going to matter that much to be honest. Short is likely to miss with a calf injury, while Grimes is a chance to return, so you'd think a straight swap there. Ryan is a chance to get a call up after a couple of strong games as a forward/ruck and could give us another marking option up forward as well as some genuine ruck support for Nankervis. At this stage though it's akin to shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

That was our first bad game this year. We’ve been in every game until tonight.

I was surprised how effective Lefau was. He actually looked like a footballer.

Maurice and Mansell battled pretty hard, Bolton was a standout, Vlaustuin and broad played well.

Nankervis was a 0 probably in competition with Kosi for worst on ground. Miller and young got exposed.

We missed Grimes badly. Our shape behind the ball was bad and there as no one there to lead.

We can’t keep persisting either a ruck that never gets a tap to advantage. It’s ******* crazy that we kept Nank and let soldo go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we stunk against the suns as well, rallied late but it was too little too late

Rioli Junior and Mansell have one goal between them. It is fine that they do look to pressure but ffs there comes a time when you have to ask yourself are we getting enough from these two on the scoreboard and the answer is no.

Campbell who I think will be a player muffed two easy chances for goals had a quiet one after a good start.

Kosi can go back to Hawthorn he is ****en useless worse than I thought.

Dow, i do like but geez needs to gut run and get to contest to contest 13 disposals is not good. Jack Graham another 17 disposals and as prime mid today not good.

Dusty just went through the motions a far cry from last week when he dominated.

Pickett get him to 100 games as the sub and that should be it see ya later

Macintosh 6 disposals are we still going to defend him? All i hear he guards space, he runs up and down and provides well i dont know what the heck he provides enough is enough he can play out his days in the ressies.

Young is a spud no two ways about it.

Sonsie I don't know I want him to make it but not sure he has the gonads to play in the midfield or forward as a high-pressure goal-kicking small forward. Its mid or bust it seems kinda explains why the Hawks let him pass after playing for box hill.

From 2021 Draft Brown, Clarke and Gibcus are the most likely. Banks and Sonsie I do have reservations about them.

Oh that's great. Round 6 of a 23 or 24? round season.
Great that we have the fittest players in the comp ready for another 18 week grind plus finals. FMD what a joke
Every other team bar ours and Melbourne have had a bye and we have had to travel two weeks in a row

You can be frustrated but it’s also a factor that needs to be taken into consideration

That was our first bad game this year. We’ve been in every game until tonight.

I was surprised how effective Lefau was. He actually looked like a footballer.

Maurice and Mansell battled pretty hard, Bolton was a standout, Vlaustuin and broad played well.

Nankervis was a 0 probably in competition with Kosi for worst on ground. Miller and young got exposed.

We missed Grimes badly. Our shape behind the ball was bad and there as no one there to lead.

We can’t keep persisting either a ruck that never gets a tap to advantage. It’s ******* crazy that we kept Nank and let soldo go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nank is rubbish. Doesn't jump. Like an 80 year old. Not a leaders arseh*le. Just not captain material.
Wasn't last year, and surprise surprise isn't this year.
AGAIN the club has backed the wrong pony.
Seems to be a recurring theme lately. Lost the plot at RFC.
Hard to know what's going on behind closed doors but if alarm balls aren't ringing then they need a wake up call.

You're missing the fact that we'd have 2 potential top kids on the list, which may have been the better call in the long run.

You realise this argument only makes sense if the players picked with those picks are/became gun midfielders, right?

Cause what good would a young HF or a young wingman be when our midfield isn't even VFL quality?

Last edited:
The lack of defensive effort by our mids was tough to watch.
Sure, we lack the cattle, but defensive effort is a fundamental.
When a side lacking talent doesn’t bring defensive effort, they’re ****ed.
No not defensive effort just plain EFFORT by everyone is what is required
See what effort was like in the first twenty minutes then we lacked effort

Disappointing after a promising start. Lefau showed some good signs. Shai is a gun. I reckon Dusty will retire after 300. With a whole midfield out and Lynch I knew they were going to lose. There is something also about Sonsie worth persisting with.

Loved the flags and tbh I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see another one let alone 3 more , but since Peggy stepped down we have become a poorly run club , to focused on causes , Benny has dropped the ball, regarding our football dept , I won’t get into Dummas behavior but the decline started after the 2020 flag , We have cut cheap in all the football depts when we are in fact a football club rather than a social engineering experiment .

Gale gas Checked out he is committed to Tassie , time for replacement forthwith , the new pres doesn’t inspire me with confidence , time to go as well,

As a team we look unfit time for a professional conditioning team, there is plenty of evidence that you get more injuries if the fitness isn’t there , that my rant tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who is angry tonight needs to #eco. It's going to get a whole lot worse in the coming weeks. That's just the way this season has shaped up. The injuries, the tough draw, the rookie coach - it might all work out for the best in the end (and no, 2025 is not the end).

Also - we won 3 ****ing premierships. I don't care if we don't play finals for another 10 years. Because we won 3 ****ing premierships.

Every other team bar ours and Melbourne have had a bye and we have had to travel two weeks in a row

You can be frustrated but it’s also a factor that needs to be taken into consideration
I'm not buying that at all. It was off a 7 day break.

8 teams have to travel almost every 2nd week.

Went from beating the Swans to losing to the Eagles fun times...
The injuries are mounting up & today proved how far off some players are or just not good enough.

Big decisions need to be made & frankly I am starting to not trust the people are the club to make the right ones.
Not fit

That says something about fitness and conditioning

Nank is rubbish. Doesn't jump. Like an 80 year old. Not a leaders arseh*le. Just not captain material.
Wasn't last year, and surprise surprise isn't this year.
AGAIN the club has backed the wrong pony.
Seems to be a recurring theme lately. Lost the plot at RFC.
Hard to know what's going on behind closed doors but if alarm balls aren't ringing then they need a wake up call.
Ridiculous take. Nank has been one of our best this year. Unfortunately being asked to do it himself...Kosi as relief is stupid.

The only major issue the club has is in the conditioning of our players to play this game. Take the injuries away by even half and we are 3-2 at worst.

Ridiculous take. Nank has been one of our best this year. Unfortunately being asked to do it himself...Kosi as relief is stupid.

The only major issue the club has is in the conditioning of our players to play this game. Take the injuries away by even half and we are 3-2 at worst.
And if they were fit less injuries too

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Back