Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Top 5 v GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad that Kingsley's Giants play a game much closer to ours in our premiership years than we do currently. And if we lose Rioli we're going to become an even more dour stoppage-based team. Seems like most other teams are going for fast counter-attacking footy while we're going for stoppages, territory and repeat f50 entries...

I'm not giving us much credit for beating them up in the centre. We poached two of their supposedly best clearance players a few years ago, we played no kids there today and were unaffected by injuries, we should be winning there easily. The balance nonetheless looks wrong for us, too slow on the outside, especially when Bolton isn't in there (and he only runs one way).

KPF aside, we really need to think about drafting some pace through the midfield, moreso because Sonsie isn't developing well. Maybe Maurice Jnr can be a midfielder but it doesn't strike me as a good plan A.
Not much credit for beating them in the centre? That midfield last week pantsed the best stoppage team in the comp, scored around 80 points from clearances. Half way through the last we’d held them to 7 scores from clearance. Unfortunately they kicked 7 straight while we kick 5.6

Sonsie very poor. Whilst I’d like to see him with some midfield minutes, he can’t be so invisible at half forward. He should get some midfield time with TT out next week, and I’ll be very worried if he doesn’t show something.
This has to happen. No point bringing Dow or McAuliffe to replace TT when Sonsie hasn’t been given a shot.

Not convinced he’ll make it but he was drafted as a mid, give him a go at it. No point having a long preseason being none the wiser on what he’s capable of. This week is the perfect opportunity.

A few saying Miller had a stinker and at times he looked a step or two off it but it looked to me like no-one back there had any idea what Balta was going to do and that includes Balta.
You can see from their conversion how many shots they had from
35 out or closer.
Just outplayed..maybe that’s Kingsley knowing how we try and release an intercept player.
Negatives
Browns 1v1 stuff and seems his kicking game is a bit off.
Sonsie still a little too much Hollywood and not enough grunt.
Marking Fwds. I know
Kozi had a better game but there’s not many other teams that’d take him.
TT and Hopper aside, the gap betweeen Prestia and the next inside Mid.

I think they may be trying to qualify Blight for VFL finals, Yze needs to look at every afl listed player in seniors and make up his own opinions.

He’s going to be judged on that whether he does it or not.

What concerns me more than anything is the endeavour or lack therof and or their fitness. They just look so far off it apart from a few of them. After today Prestia has to stay on. Play every home game if you need. Hugo really coming of age. Really starting to look comfortable at the top level. Nank, again with a solid game.

K Mac, Short, Rioli, Baker, Balta and Miller all struggled. That's 2 in a row for Miller too.

I don't see the point in persisting with Ryan. May as well just play Kozi.

Changes out TT in Dow or Macaullife

A few saying Miller had a stinker and at times he looked a step or two off it but it looked to me like no-one back there had any idea what Balta was going to do and that includes Balta.
You can see from their conversion how many shots they had from
35 out or closer.
Just outplayed..maybe that’s Kingsley knowing how we try and release an intercept player.
Negatives
Browns 1v1 stuff and seems his kicking game is a bit off.
Sonsie still a little too much Hollywood and not enough grunt.
Marking Fwds. I know
Kozi had a better game but there’s not many other teams that’d take him.
TT and Hopper aside, the gap betweeen Prestia and the next inside Mid.

I think they may be trying to qualify Blight for VFL finals, Yze needs to look at every afl listed player in seniors and make up his own opinions.

He’s going to be judged on that whether he does it or not.
You play as you train , Balta has played forward and trained as a forward, the constant chopping and changing destroys team chemistry , Tanking Culture

What concerns me more than anything is the endeavour or lack therof and or their fitness. They just look so far off it apart from a few of them. After today Prestia has to stay on. Play every home game if you need. Hugo really coming of age. Really starting to look comfortable at the top level. Nank, again with a solid game.

K Mac, Short, Rioli, Baker, Balta and Miller all struggled. That's 2 in a row for Miller too.

I don't see the point in persisting with Ryan. May as well just play Kozi.

Changes out TT in Dow or Macaullife

Agree with this.

What has happened to the ferocious tackling we were renowned for? They either can’t stick a tackle or they just let the opponent run off with the ball. Many of our blokes just seem to get too easily bundled out of the play.

I think young Mansell is going to make it and that really pleases me.

Not much credit for beating them in the centre? That midfield last week pantsed the best stoppage team in the comp, scored around 80 points from clearances. Half way through the last we’d held them to 7 scores from clearance. Unfortunately they kicked 7 straight while we kick 5.6
My observation. I am Not gonna get that excited about that. Getting Hopper and Taranto to join Prestia was meant to be our one wood. But our mids haven’t got A grade ball usage or ability to find people clear on the outside which is why their clearance work doesn’t translate as much on scoreboard.
They also aren’t quick enough to keep up the other way (and some other Tigers also being slow) which is why they scored easily when they got it or we turned it over

My observation. I am Not gonna get that excited about that. Getting Hopper and Taranto to join Prestia was meant to be our one wood. But our mids haven’t got A grade ball usage or ability to find people clear on the outside which is why their clearance work doesn’t translate as much on scoreboard.
They also aren’t quick enough to keep up the other way (and some other Tigers also being slow) which is why they scored easily when they got it or we turned it over
They 100% spread better than us (more so in transition) but they scored easily because we had some terrible turnovers, which made it easy for them to get good looks at goal, and secondly because most of our defenders had absolute stinkers of a game.

- Prestia helps our midfield considerably but thought he was pretty rusty. A lot of kicks that went nowhere and second guessed himself a number of times

- I like Green. Gives genuine effort and heart. Similar to Mansell. Unlike…

- Sonsie. Contracted but can’t see him making it.

- Brown has some good traits but anyone ignoring his defensive stuff needs a reality check. If he can round out his game he might have a long career for us but has a long way to go. I was screaming for him to go third man up the first time Miller was one out with Hogan but stood and watched.

- Prepared to give Miller a mulligan. Has been in decent form prior to that game.

- Bolton still only looks half interested for mine.

- Loving HRS efforts, has really resurrected his career.

- Kosi has actually looked a lot better the last few weeks. Is at least providing an option and clunking the odd one.

- Signing Ryan for another 3 years has to be the most puzzling call of the year. Players that height take a while to come good but he really hasn’t given any indication he’ll be a player.

- Did not like the way they were able to waltz it out of their defence and then down the field via link up. A far cry from our forward press at the height of our powers. Is it leg speed through the middle we’re lacking? We were great at the contest but were still comfortably beaten, to me that indicates that Prestia, TT, Hopper etc weren’t quick enough in transition. A notable exception was HRS who chopped off a few forays down the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cut it out. He was no where near competing for that. The kick hung in the air and was well short of him.
He makes a few blues, but the pile on over this is too much.
He had time to see that the kick was going to be chopped off and could have jumped into Ward to at least make it difficult for him. But he didn't and lay the blame totally with Nank.

I don't question players courage, they have demonstrated over and over they have courage, but on that occasion, Short did not want the contact. He is also poor in the air. Vlastuin would have taken the hit and probably spoiled the contest.

Time to bring some of our younger brigade after pretty decent performances in the VFL.

Short has been poor for weeks, if not longer. Trezise is a very well rounded player. Hard nosed, good in the air, has time with the ball. No brainer to swap.

Smith was a little rusty in the VFL early but by the end of the game he was very good again. Has great pace which Hugo has shown is such an asset, get's you out of a lot of trouble. He is not afraid to go for his marks and has a good kick on him. Time for MacIntosh to go to sub or VFL. He has been better of late but basically time for a change. Was back to poor yesterday.

Would think about Bauer. A little short of match practice, but he can fly for the ball better than anyone at Richmond, has a fantastic kick and would give our forward line some class and unpredictability. He has been hit by injuries this year but now is about time to take a punt. Would be far better than Ryan in the air, and Kosi is not a bad 2nd ruck.

Rioli had a poor game, but cannot understand the dribble being written by some about him. He gives us so much drive and pace from the back half, without him we would struggle to get the ball forward at all in some games. Look at GWS from the back half, they explode in numbers at pace, we have one, Rioli and occasionally Broad who has dropped off this year.

Yze needs to harden up and forget about loyalties, which I think has hampered his coaching. Fair enough not coming in and trying to assert himself too early, but it is long enough, and he needs to make a team for himself. Green comes in and kicks 3, not because he has shown great form in the VFL, but because he has class, is a one touch player and a natural footballer. Back these types.

The older players want transition, they want to see young blood coming through going into the next season. Do you think they don't see the deficiencies in some of senior players that are struggling. Yze has to work on the 'success' of a pretty good game, and do it now rather than when we cop our next pasting.

For all the whacks McIntosh cops, did anyone, particularly those at the game, notice him camped inside our F50.
Then you look at the low inside 50’s GWS had…see the correlation? Their run from D50 was cramped by McIntosh again playing a sacrificial role.
And people on here want to talk about “game plan” FFS. wouldn’t notice if it smacked you in the face.
Masterstroke from Yze.

For all the whacks McIntosh cops, did anyone, particularly those at the game, notice him camped inside our F50.
Then you look at the low inside 50’s GWS had…see the correlation? Their run from D50 was cramped by McIntosh again playing a sacrificial role.
And people on here want to talk about “game plan” FFS. wouldn’t notice if it smacked you in the face.
Masterstroke from Yze.
Masterstroke? He might have stopped some bleeding as their run from half back was giving us all sorts of trouble granted, but when they got out they scored almost every time. So it also made it easier for them to score.

Sort of irrelevant. We need to change up our team if we are going to progress. Mac hasn't been to bad of late, but look at what Ralphsmith has done on the wing in comparison. He was on everyone's chopping block, but given some time and put in a position that suits his attributes, he has become a bit of a weapon. Why not try it on both wings. Smith has real wheels and is a better player than Ralphsmith at the same time of their careers, based on VFL form, so why not see what he can do.

A free missed in our forward line when 3 goals down which would have made it a 2 goal game.
Then the Giants raced it up the other end for a goal,game over.
Only a four goal loss.
Giants let in over 80 points.
Umpiring bewildering as per usual.
Number 37,baldy boy a major culprit.
Green with three goals a highlight.

Masterstroke? He might have stopped some bleeding as their run from half back was giving us all sorts of trouble granted, but when they got out they scored almost every time. So it also made it easier for them to score.

Sort of irrelevant. We need to change up our team if we are going to progress. Mac hasn't been to bad of late, but look at what Ralphsmith has done on the wing in comparison. He was on everyone's chopping block, but given some time and put in a position that suits his attributes, he has become a bit of a weapon. Why not try it on both wings. Smith has real wheels and is a better player than Ralphsmith at the same time of their careers, based on VFL form, so why not see what he can do.
It was tried on both wings, Ralphsmith and Banks were on the wing for most of the game. Macintosh played predominantly forward, he only went to the wing when one of them went off.

All non Richmond people melting on the socials and oppo boards tonight about only having 19k today.
Why do people care so much? 🤣 Must suck not having our membership numbers.
We don't have 100K members this year ... winning pays the bills ... club needs to be cutting overheads by reducing all non football related activities ... definitely shouldn't be taking on debt to fund the redevelopment ... redesign the project into two stages ... keeping the Swimburne Centre and just replacing the Grandstand in Stage 1 with the funding we have

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Back