Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Top 5 v GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There were some good signs - Green took his opportunities and was rewarded on the scoreboard. A lot to like about this kid. Ralphsmith was everywhere with Mansell in the first half. Banks was ok in patches and trying Brown up forward was interesting. Although I see Gibcus there next year, Brown could be an option. Picking Ryan in a wet weather contest was stupid. I liked Kozi's game, but lamented Miller's. Baker looks like he has tuned out.

Rioli didn't play like a Rioli all day and cost us a couple goals. Graham did the job on Coniglio, and I though he did well after Coniglio was subbed. I still think Prestia has another season in him and teamed with Taranto and Hopper we will win a lot of clearances, but I think Bolton must be played more in the midfield for the outside run.

I wish others would take notice of the leadership and intent of Nank. He was monstrous in this game- a real captain's game. Shame others didn't lift. Short was the exact opposite. It has been a while since I've seen a player win a B&F in a Premiership team devolve into a player that should be dropped in an injury ravaged 18th placed team. MacIntosh should be penciling in a retirement game asap.

This year is a write off and unfortunately our eye has to be on the prize of Pick #1 and a second pick in the first round. Keep playing the kids, but we have to sort out the drop off from some players who are just not performing.

Our forward line cohesion is worse than what we had running around in 1984. More mid time for Bolton, and I would try Gray as a swing forward / back. Leave Balta back.

Out - Taranto (conc), Sonsie, Macintosh, Ryan
In - Dusty, Bauer, McAuliffe, Blight (Not Gray)

Last edited:
8 possessions, 0 tackles, two clangers , two inside 50's and one goal assist says bull shit to me Livo.
What did he do turn into some evil alien and gobble up Giants? lol

You’ve never understood how footy is played these days.
You’re on ignore, I’m just sick of all you’re crap.

I liked the effort from Hugo who is now starting to get up to around the 50 game mark and starting to look the goods.

Kosi has now put together a block of games where he is competing and flying for the ball and staying in the contest instead of just being a witches hat.

I think Ryan could do with a block of games going into the end of the year to try and get some much needed experience into him. Hopefully this would help his off season as well as he would go into summer knowing what it is he needs to work on to be AFL ready.

I want Sonsie to be given a go in the guts for an entire game. Just want Yze to look him in the eye today during their debrief and say "Mate, Tim is out and you are stepping in to that midfield position, I want you to just show us what you are made of".

Hopper is starting to get it together and put some work in. Liked his first half, but like Dusty this year the second half he becomes a bit less seen.

Graham had his best game of the year. Ran well and gave a hand in and around the contest.

Prestia's performance has me really wanting to sign him on for 1 more year and try and keep his body good.

Tommy Brown I think could do with a week in the 2's to get his confidence and to get the understanding that he does belong at this level.

Green did some nice things but just needs more experience in the AFL system to get the speed going.

Changes:
Out: Taranto (conc), Brown, McIntosh
In: Blight, Smith, Trezise

Miller Blight Broad
Trezise Rioli Vlastuin
Hugo Prestia Short
Mansell Baker Bolton
Kosi Balta Ryan
Nank Hopper Sonsie
Graham Smith Baker Banks
Sub: Green
Green kicked 3 good goals. Some good Pressure numbers too. He negotiated our fwd line better than Baker. He looked right at home.
3 defenders IN and Green to Sub?
Green will start after that effort. What better way to gain AFL level experience than play AFL level football.

Brown may get dropped for Tresize but I can't see Rioli or Short being dropped for Smith.

Kmac been fwd the last couple of weeks. Maybe Bauer, Coulthard Martin

Last edited:
You’ve never understood how footy is played these days.
You’re on ignore, I’m just sick of all you’re crap.
please explain how it was a masterstroke? Thank you for doing so for putting me on ignore and hide in shame in Dimma's mancave. . lol

Last edited:
He is losing the bloody plot

"Masterstroke" :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

You also don’t understand how footy is played. Although unlike TI, you don’t try to make out you do.
You denigrate the memory of our glory days with just personal insults.
You’re on ignore too. It’s a waste of time.

I tuned out at the end of the game. How did Brown go up forward?

Also, when will we see Bauer? With the crap forward line options we’ve had all year, plus trying virtually all the players, it’s surprising we haven’t seen him yet. Is he out of favour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was weird. For the first time he actually physically held his own. But couldn't hold onto the ball. He wanted to hand ball when he can kick fine. Sort of like he can be skilled or physical but not both. He's one who is starting to show that he can be AFL standard long term. But there is a long way to go.
Problem with Ryan is that just getting more than 5 possessions is a tall ask for him. He is so far off being a consistent forward line presence who can chip in 1-2 goals a game and provide a contest. At this rate it will take 10 more years for him to develop

There were some good signs - Green took his opportunities and was rewarded on the scoreboard. A lot to like about this kid. Ralphsmith was everywhere with Mansell in the first half. Banks was ok in patches and trying Brown up forward was interesting. Although I see Gibcus there next year, Brown could be an option. Picking Ryan in a wet weather contest was stupid. I liked Kozi's game, but lamented Miller's. Baker looks like he has tuned out.

Rioli didn't play like a Rioli all day and cost us a couple goals. Graham did the job on Coniglio, and I though he did well after Coniglio was subbed. I still think Prestia has another season in him and teamed with Taranto and Hopper we will win a lot of clearances, but I think Bolton must be played more in the midfield for the outside run.

I wish others would take notice of the leadership and intent of Nank. He was monstrous in this game- a real captain's game. Shame others didn't lift. Short was the exact opposite. It has been a while since I've seen a player win a B&F in a Premiership team devolve into a player that should be dropped in an injury ravaged 18th placed team. MacIntosh should be penciling in a retirement game asap.

This year is a write off and unfortunately our eye has to be on the prize of Pick #1 and a second pick in the first round. Keep playing the kids, but we have to sort out the drop off from some players who are just not performing.

Our forward line cohesion is worse than what we had running around in 1984. More mid time for Bolton, and I would try Gray as a swing forward / back. Leave Balta back.

Out - Taranto (conc), Sonsie, Macintosh, Ryan
In - Dusty, Bauer, McAuliffe, Gray
I like your report but doubt Gray will make a recovery in time...

Sad that Kingsley's Giants play a game much closer to ours in our premiership years than we do currently. And if we lose Rioli we're going to become an even more dour stoppage-based team. Seems like most other teams are going for fast counter-attacking footy while we're going for stoppages, territory and repeat f50 entries...

I'm not giving us much credit for beating them up in the centre. We poached two of their supposedly best clearance players a few years ago, we played no kids there today and were unaffected by injuries, we should be winning there easily. The balance nonetheless looks wrong for us, too slow on the outside, especially when Bolton isn't in there (and he only runs one way).

KPF aside, we really need to think about drafting some pace through the midfield, moreso because Sonsie isn't developing well. Maybe Maurice Jnr can be a midfielder but it doesn't strike me as a good plan A.
All bs aside let’s keep it simple , at the pointy end they had
Hogan riccardi cadman green
We had
Kozi (admirable effort) Ryan Mansell green
I’d suggest if you reverse it we win that game by 10 goals
You still wanna blame the coach 🥺

Most frustrating for me is Yze repeating the term 'execution' and how we let ourselves down. These guys are full time professionals, they get paid to perform their skills at an appropriate level.

Can you imagine a carpentry crew continually constructing out of square pergolas, effort might be there but the execution clearly isnt. They would eventually be booted out the nearest door.

Essentially an employer should take the offenders aside and in the first instance outline their deficiencies, address them with additional training and provide them opportunity to improve, no improvement and unfortunately they would be shown the door.

For the most part I am seeing little to no improvement, the same players poorly executing week in week out, something has to change, either the coaches aren't doing their jobs or the players are simply not good enough so need to be shown the door.
Interesting analogy and all that but carpenters don’t have another team working against them. The rest of your post is spot on.

Can only drop so many players with our injury list. The clean out at years end will be interesting.

Execution and forward connection are a couple of our issues. We can train and train it (as we should). Gotta execute on game day part of that looks to be skills and personnel (players) the other part is coaching.

It’s been touched on a lot this year as Adem said when he took over it’s upto the coaches to teach them. Clearly the message isn’t getting through currently (part of that is lack of playing talent in our forward line)

I'm more curious to see if we go to some effort to shake up the assistant coaches. There’s been connection issues for multiple years now. Defensive transition. Mid-forward connection.

We have too many ex senior coaches that have failed. Get some fresh blood in there! We saw the difference coaching can make between 2016 and 2017!

Serious question has Sampson Ryan ever had a free kick off these fluro campaigners?
Got one was his highlight close to goal , I’ll say one thing about samo, change your game kid , get on your bike and attack the ball , only time I’ve seen him look a footballer when he does this , standing under high ball he’s next to useless ,,, get on your bike kid run some patterns flipping lead up

Interesting analogy and all that but carpenters don’t have another team working against them. The rest of your post is spot on.

Can only drop so many players with our injury list. The clean out at years end will be interesting.

Execution and forward connection are a couple of our issues. We can train and train it (as we should). Gotta execute on game day part of that looks to be skills and personnel (players) the other part is coaching.

It’s been touched on a lot this year as Adem said when he took over it’s upto the coaches to teach them. Clearly the message isn’t getting through currently (part of that is lack of playing talent in our forward line)

I'm more curious to see if we go to some effort to shake up the assistant coaches. There’s been connection issues for multiple years now. Defensive transition. Mid-forward connection.

We have too many ex senior coaches that have failed. Get some fresh blood in there! We saw the difference coaching can make between 2016 and 2017!
So u think if we switched the forward lines between us and gws Kingsley still would have won the game
Why so many loonies on here think every player we have is a dynasty hero even if they haven’t even played a final and if we lose it’s the coaches fault
15 of players wouldn’t get a game for most other sides , that’s where the focus is not this monotonous carping of the coach , it’s mind numbing

So u think if we switched the forward lines between us and gws Kingsley still would have won the game
Why so many loonies on here think every player we have is a dynasty hero even if they haven’t even played a final and if we lose it’s the coaches fault
15 of players wouldn’t get a game for most other sides , that’s where the focus is not this monotonous carping of the coach , it’s mind numbing
Bo I’m so confused by your reply.

Where did I crap on Adem exactly?

Think I was pretty clear about our assistant coaches needing a bit of a clear out.

Think I was also pretty clear about our players and our current talent level. But hey we all thought we needed a clean out in 2016 too…

What about switching forward lines? I mean I wouldn’t mind Toby Greene and hogan kicking eight goals for us!

Maybe re read??

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Back