Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Top 5 v GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly the ability to kick a winning score is a problem, however that will hopefully be rectified by improving our list (quality KPFs, classy smalls), continuity and learning the game plan.

A bigger issue for mine has been our press when the ball is in our F50. I’d love to see a stat for goals conceded from Rebound 50s, how many times has the oppo full forward kicked a goal from the goal square on his own? It’s far too high and teams have been getting goal side of us all year, our deepest defender is regularly 60m - 70m from goal - no other team squeezes this aggressively. At one stage yesterday Miller was surrounded by Greene, Cadman, Riccardi and Hogan. You look up and see Broad, Balta and Vlastuin on the wing - either playing to instruction or piss farting around - meanwhile the entire Giants forward line have got out the back. Miller had a poor day when the ball was in his area but he is constantly having to defend more than he bargained for and has done so admirably.

It’s no coincidence a forward line with quick, smart players like the Giants’ were able to go at such a ridiculous efficiency, we were giving them what they wanted.

Coaches votes -

10 Toby Greene (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
4 Harry Himmelberg (GWS)
3 Dion Prestia (RICH)
3 Toby Nankervis (RICH)
3 Kieren Briggs (GWS)
1 Jesse Hogan (GWS)
Jeez did Tom Green play tennis yesterday or something? Stiff as

Good to see Nankervis in there. Interesting him and Briggs got the same amount of votes…

Coaches votes -

10 Toby Greene (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
4 Harry Himmelberg (GWS)
3 Dion Prestia (RICH)
3 Toby Nankervis (RICH)
3 Kieren Briggs (GWS)
1 Jesse Hogan (GWS)
Coaches breakdown

Yze and Kingsley 5 Green

One of Yze or AK gave a four to HH

One of Yze or AK gave a four to LW

One of Yze or AK gave a TWO to LW

One of Yze or AK gave a ONE to Hogan

Leaves a 2, ,3,3 and 1 missing

Two of Prestia, Nank or Briggs either got a 3 each and one got the 2,1 combination.

The breakdown is inconclusive this week on who the coaches allocated the votes to apart from Green.

Green kicked 3 good goals. Some good Pressure numbers too. He negotiated our fwd line better than Baker. He looked right at home.
3 defenders IN and Green to Sub?
Green will start after that effort. What better way to gain AFL level experience than play AFL level football.

Brown may get dropped for Tresize but I can't see Rioli or Short being dropped for Smith.

Kmac been fwd the last couple of weeks. Maybe Bauer, Coulthard Martin
Realistically, I would of dropped Short but that would be too wishful thinking. So to get some youth in the backline, I am moving Short to the wing. Realistically, I would love for Short to come out and Trezise to take Brown's spot and for Baker to head to the backline again and stay there.

Trezise is taking Brown's spot, Blight taking Balta's spot and Smith taking Short's spot.

Balta is heading into the Forward line.

Realistically, I would of dropped Short but that would be too wishful thinking. So to get some youth in the backline, I am moving Short to the wing. Realistically, I would love for Short to come out and Trezise to take Brown's spot and for Baker to head to the backline again and stay there.

Trezise is taking Brown's spot, Blight taking Balta's spot and Smith taking Short's spot.

Why can't Smith take Short's spot? He has been pretty average all year. Maybe Short can go forward if dropping is too harsh, but as a half back, Short has provided not much of late.

Why can't Smith take Short's spot? He has been pretty average all year. Maybe Short can go forward if dropping is too harsh, but as a half back, Short has provided not much of late.
If Short is dropped then I would love for Baker to go back and stay there. I think that Bakes best spot was in the backline and I would love for the throwing around of him to stop.

Smith could come in anyway in my team and be an extra running rotation that swaps with Rioli and Baker.

Agreed, 40 less tackles is absurd
I found out that Champion Data only counts a tackle if it causes ineffective disposal or a clanger disposal or prevents a disposal.

Basically because players can walk through our tackles we end up with lower numbers all the time.

I’d give sonsie some proper time in the middle over the next two weeks, if there’s no substantial improvement then it’s pack your bags brother. We need pace in our midfield so badly and more forwards of every kind.
With our match committee he will probably be starting ruck then subbed at half time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today we had in basically all our top 10 in, except Dusty & Lynch. Baker, Prestia, Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Rioli,Vlaustin, Balta, Nank Short. We had a full midfield brigade for the first time in a long time.
I'm sorry, Short is in our top 10? We really are f**ked.

Oh No Oops GIF by Sesame Street

For all the whacks McIntosh cops, did anyone, particularly those at the game, notice him camped inside our F50.
Then you look at the low inside 50’s GWS had…see the correlation? Their run from D50 was cramped by McIntosh again playing a sacrificial role.
And people on here want to talk about “game plan” FFS. wouldn’t notice if it smacked you in the face.
Masterstroke from Yze.
Masterstroke? What the f**k?! Him being plonked into the forward line is Yze finally running out of places to play him.

Hugo and Banks are more effective on the wing, and if Smith ever gets a run he could be better than either.

If only Yze could find no place to play Short.

Masterstroke? What the f**k?! Him being plonked into the forward line is Yze finally running out of places to play him.

Hugo and Banks are more effective on the wing, and if Smith ever gets a run he could be better than either.

Kmac and Ryan allowed the Giants to easily transition the ball out of our FL and the net effect was them scoring so easily.
Yze has to wake up that there’s just some players that are hurting the team otherwise he will actually be a victim of coach suicide.
Master stroke was either absolute trolling or just a poster who was given misinformation bc they missed the game.
He must of been the poster that gave KMac the solitary vote. 😂

Coaches breakdown

Yze and Kingsley 5 Green

One of Yze or AK gave a four to HH

One of Yze or AK gave a four to LW

One of Yze or AK gave a TWO to LW

One of Yze or AK gave a ONE to Hogan

Leaves a 2, ,3,3 and 1 missing

Two of Prestia, Nank or Briggs either got a 3 each and one got the 2,1 combination.

The breakdown is inconclusive this week on who the coaches allocated the votes to apart from Green.

(Guesses):

Yze: 5 - Green; 4 - (Whitfield); 3 - (Nankervis); 2 - (Prestia); 1 - (Hogan)
Kingsley: 5 - Green; 4 - (Himmelberg); 3 - (Briggs); 2 - (Whitfield); 1 - (Prestia)

Differences being Kingsley’s left-field selection of Himmelberg, each coach favouring their own ruckman, and Yze giving spare (non-Himmelberg) vote to Hogan..

We managed to stop the orange tsunami. No one seems to understand that. We took away their biggest strength.
Everyone noticed when they did get it going but look at their inside 50 stat and compare with what they normally do. Mcintosh was the player used in our F50 to do that. It worked.
I understand it’s not clear on tv but was obvious at the ground.

We managed to stop the orange tsunami. No one seems to understand that. We took away their biggest strength.
Everyone noticed when they did get it going but look at their inside 50 stat and compare with what they normally do. Mcintosh was the player used in our F50 to do that. It worked.
I understand it’s not clear on tv but was obvious at the ground.
Stopped the Orange Tsunami ?? did we actually stop them as the scoreboard suggests otherwise?
Nobody seems to understand that bc it is obvious and even you’re telling us this . 😜
What was their biggest strength and who are we as I thought it was the great KMac ?
Everyone noticed …………. No only one person noticed based from approximately 125 who voted. Did you interview everyone and ask them as the above votes suggest the contrary?
Kmac did what in the FL? How did it work when they averaged a goal on every second forward 50 entry?
What was unclear on TV and obvious on the ground ? That Kmac was missing in action ?
I’m totally confused by your post as it appears irrational, illogical, irrelevant and inappropriate to what posters witnessed. It tells us nothing of how Kmac in the FL was a master stroke by Yze , but more of a figment of great imagination on your behalf.

Last edited:
I know Ryan didn’t mark many but he did provide a target and did bring the ball to ground. I’d keep playing him.

i'd keep playing him as if we aren't after 5+ years, what the fk are we keeping him on the list for?

Well, yes and no. Yes they didn't go into their forward line as often as they did, but when they did they did it under no pressure at all. Look how easily they scored when they did go forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Back