Autopsy Roast & toast vs Adelaide and changes for the bye (or St Kilda)

Best five

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • 2: Dylan Grimes

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • 3: Dion Prestia

Votes: 135 68.9%
  • 4: Dustin Martin

Votes: 179 91.3%
  • 5: Brandon Ellis

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • 7: Dan Butler

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 11: Jason Castagna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13: Jack Higgins

• 14: Bachar Houli

Votes: 18 9.2%
  • 17: Daniel Rioli

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 19: Tom Lynch

Votes: 148 75.5%
  • 22: Josh Caddy

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

Votes: 77 39.3%
  • 35: Nathan Broad

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 37: Connor Menadue

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 157 80.1%
  • 45: Patrick Naish

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • 47: Mabior Chol

Votes: 45 23.0%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good thing about injuries is you really find out about your depth - both ways.

Garthwaite is a no from me. Undersized and gets out positioned too often. Offers nothing offensively.

Menadue is losing ground. Needs to start tackling to hurt people. Too many times just going with one arm, being nice in the contest. Needs to be mean and I'm not sure he has it in him.

Chol looked good last night, happy to stick with him.

I'll forgive Ellis - he's been good all year. People have short memories don't they? Serious whipping boy in here.

A bigger concern is Rioli - just not sure what is going on with him at the moment.

Butler tries to do too much too often and isn't strong enough in the contest. Bolton needs to come in ASAP for either Rioli or Butler and stay in for a while.

Oh and how good is it when Stack gets the ball in traffic and opposition players just melt off him? He's got great core strength to go with his agility and pace. Kind of opposite to how Butler is in the contest.

Problem is he should have been dropped 3 weeks ago. The fumbling and panic has been festering. Contrary to popular opinion, being dropped isn't a punishment, it's to work on your game and get touch in a lower level. Wouldn't Higgins be a perfect candidate? Last thing we want is to turn another good junior into a Tambling who's permanently psychologically damaged. He needs a run in the twos badly.

Agree. Get Cotch back and drop Higgo. He's just looking like he's second guessing himself right now. Or he's lost confidence. Play VFL and tear it up. Higgins seems to be the sort that plays best when it comes naturally. Maybe not having the experienced guys around has changed his attitude.

My big take away from last night was how we were annihilated in the contest. They got gold platter ruck service (Chol doing OK notwithstanding), and dominated clearances. If we can at least half the contests then we'd smash them.

Hammering the defenders etc to me just misses the point. Our contested midfield sucks big time right now. A lot of that is injuries. But we really need a couple of monster mids. Until we get enough guys in there that can make a genuine contest we will lose to good sides. That Graham and Dusty did really quite well shows how undermanned we are. Simply put, we are playing a game where we are going to lose control and have to get it back in general play.

Until we can fix that all the rest is just a bunch of old men shouting at clouds

297.png

Yeah well according to Micro71 two of our guys were playing for them CEY and B.Crouch lol

Good effort by the boys, dropped away late.

Also did C7 show who we were missing during the game like they do with every other damn club, nope I didn't see it.

Treated us like we were full strength and acted like the crows were going to pull off a miracle win.
The commentators on 7 mentioned a few times during the call tigers had lots of outs
It's no secret

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Pre game: This should be a 60-80 point loss.

Post Game: We lost by 5 goals.

Yet a lot of people are melting? FMD we had 11 players under 50 games against a senior, virtually full strength Adelaide!

There were a lot of positives tonight and it was never going to be a performance without flaws. At the end of round 3 if anyone offered 7-6 at the bye, you would've taken it.

Dimma just said Cotchin, Astbury, Lambert, Edwards and possibly Short will be available for our next game... The only way is up from here - hopefully.

At full strength, we can beat anyone in September.
It is a bloody good effort!
A side that has not played regular before together...let that sink in!...together, how difficult that must be to get some team work and continuity when you have'nt played together before! How you run, kick handball mark honour a lead...it's all new stuff!
But to give them all credit in those opening quarters they looked like they came to play on an away ground!
Credit to the coaches for getting them all up for a try! They could have all said it was too much and just gone through the motions after the crows came back at them! And the crows know that notice none of them have come over and gave us credit for fielding such a young team! We sheet scared them!

Last edited:
The commentators on 7 mentioned a few times during the call tigers had lots of outs
It's no secret

Yeah, they fully acknowledged that it was a full strength Crows side against a half strength Tigers outfit.

Afl gonna come down hard on us for the dimma comments

****en gimps
AFL announces the 2019 AFL Grand Final between Geelong & Richmond will be played at Kardinia park.:D

Higgins is having second year blues big time.

We know he has clean and hands and good decision making. Last night was appalling. A couple of times he just panicked when he had good position. Let him mature and we've got a star. Something not right, and I'd guess it's mental. He'll be fine.

He's not fast. He's not strong. He's not tall. He doesn't have a penetrating kick. He's dumb as a door knob.

He'll never be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the coaches show these guys the game footage so they can see themselves put in piss poor efforts at contests. Why then do guys like Butler put in the same piss weak actions at contests the following week? Cotchin throws himself at contests like he doesn’t care for his safety, and then you have guys like Butler not wanting any physical contact. I don’t get it.
Best thing one can say about Butler is that when he is on song he is a finisher, he's an outside player!
Butler is not a grafter that's not his cv...
What we wanted playing for us last night were fast players than can occasionally win their own hard ball get! Bolton ought to have been picked not Butts!

I remember everyone had the same reaction to Rance when he was Garthwaite's age. The reality is our midfield didn't help his cause at all being smashed in the contest and some easy ball coming in. He played 118/120 minutes which is a big effort. Give the kid time I'm sure he will come good, has a big heart.

Stack we all love, Chol once he builds a tank will be handy, but don't think he is a ruckman, Butler needs to take a few hits for the team, when it's his turn to put his head over the footy needs to show more intent, easier said then done but that's the game.

What did he say
I never watch pressers

**** the AFL bunch of **** ****** underpaid **** Here we have a side coming to play footy and then in the 3Q **** like happens!
And in the 4th Q ****** **** ****umpires decide home ground advantage is **** ********* ******
F*** me **** what more can you say about the ******* free kick margins?!?!

It is a bloody good effort!
A side that has not played regular before together...let that sink in!...together, how difficult that must be to get some team work and continuity when you have'nt played together before! How you run, kick handball mark honour a lead...it's all new stuff!
But to give them all credit in those opening quarters they looked like they came to play on an away ground!
Credit to the coaches for getting them all up for a try! They could have all said it was too much and just gone through the motions after the crows came back at them! And the crows know that notice none of them have come over and gave us credit for such a young team! We sheet scared them!

In the first quarter, the young Tiges absolutely smashed a potentially Top 4 team at home and against the bitter winds of the men in green. Put some metres in those legs and some continuity in those heads and you have a really exciting Tiges team for years to come, if not an epic grind-out premiership this year from outside the Four. While I will be glad to see the usual suspects back in the team, I will regret not seeing these new champs rise up and show what they've got. It has been great to see Balta, Stack, Baker, Bolton, Naish and Chol, just like Higgins last year. The future is very bright.

**** the AFL bunch of **** ****** underpaid **** Here we have a side coming to play footy and then in the 3Q **** like happens!
And in the 4th Q ****** **** ****umpires decide home ground advantage is **** ********* ******
F*** me **** what more can you say about the ******* free kick margins?!?!
Some strange interpretations for both teams but we all know that's what we're gonna get and that the AFL ain't gonna do anything about it

We could have had that one last night. If that is a full strength crows on their home ground then they’re gonna be nowhere near it come September. Lynch was very good, Stack is so bloody composed under pressure it’s frightening, Chol was good I thought and if he’d held a couple of those marks he would have been even better - Him over Soldo please. And why are 95% of crows supporters 60+ year old ladies who wear too much old lady perfume and make up who high five each other after every goal? I hope your BMWs have flat batteries this morning you silly old wenches

Ellis.

He was playing on the wing where he was doing really well, but this week was forced to go back due to lack of defensive players, and he just isn’t as good there. He wasn’t the only fumbler in the team.

But his attempt to mark in the goal square instead of punching over the line was pretty poor, and why he shouldn’t be playing that deep.

Get Astbury and Short back, Ellis can go back to a position he plays well. And we can get better compensation at the end of the year.

Brandon had come down from the wing and then sprinted the final 10-15m to make the contest. But yeah let's hammer him for being a squib and excuse Dusty, because heaven forbid we're critical of anyone not a whipping boy.
Where did i say he's a squid?
He's a 150 game player not some rookie.
What he did was a rookie mistake again.
Ask yourself what would have Grimes done?

My big take away from last night was how we were annihilated in the contest. They got gold platter ruck service (Chol doing OK notwithstanding), and dominated clearances. If we can at least half the contests then we'd smash them.

Hammering the defenders etc to me just misses the point. Our contested midfield sucks big time right now. A lot of that is injuries. But we really need a couple of monster mids. Until we get enough guys in there that can make a genuine contest we will lose to good sides. That Graham and Dusty did really quite well shows how undermanned we are. Simply put, we are playing a game where we are going to lose control and have to get it back in general play.

Until we can fix that all the rest is just a bunch of old men shouting at clouds

297.png
Brayden Sier says hello

In the first quarter, the young Tiges absolutely smashed a potentially Top 4 team at home and against the bitter winds of the men in green. Put some metres in those legs and some continuity in those heads and you have a really exciting Tiges team for years to come, if not an epic grind-out premiership this year from outside the Four. While I will be glad to see the usual suspects back in the team, I will regret not seeing these new champs rise up and show what they've got. It has been great to see Balta, Stack, Baker, Bolton, Naish and Chol, just like Higgins last year. The future is very bright.
Why not?!? :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast vs Adelaide and changes for the bye (or St Kilda)

Back