Autopsy Roast & toast vs Adelaide and changes for the bye (or St Kilda)

Best five

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • 2: Dylan Grimes

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • 3: Dion Prestia

Votes: 135 68.9%
  • 4: Dustin Martin

Votes: 179 91.3%
  • 5: Brandon Ellis

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • 7: Dan Butler

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 11: Jason Castagna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13: Jack Higgins

• 14: Bachar Houli

Votes: 18 9.2%
  • 17: Daniel Rioli

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 19: Tom Lynch

Votes: 148 75.5%
  • 22: Josh Caddy

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

Votes: 77 39.3%
  • 35: Nathan Broad

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 37: Connor Menadue

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 157 80.1%
  • 45: Patrick Naish

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • 47: Mabior Chol

Votes: 45 23.0%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jenkins was the matchwinner, last week, potent tonight too.
Garthwaite is a VFL player.
Garthwaite is a second year kid asked to play KPD when not physically ready to do so, but yeah let's hammer him for being unable to stop 2 experienced KPF with no other KPD support.

upsides..
Stacky is a bloody beast. b o g for mine. his ability to run and break the line is exactly wjat we should be getting from houli but dont.
I thought Naish tried hard and showed some good signs. he has a lot of upside. seemed pretty cool under pressure.

Chol has some moves and worked hard all night. I think we should persist with him rather than big ivy for now...nickname should be the panther.
happy with the effort. like other posters I think the young blokes were let down by some of the senior players who seemed to shit their pants after half time. same old culprits ( butler, Ellis, Higgins, houli). unfortunately they will still get picked despite having no intestinal fortitude. rioli has gone backwards since moving in with f#$#in fev. no wonder! ...
put Astbury and lambo back in that side and we probably win...

we must continue with Chol....I thought he showed a bit.....

.I,ve just happened to catch the second quarter on Foxtel this morning and there were 2 frees ...one to Tex in a marking contest and one against Caddy from a kick in....he was called for holding....

.I don't know if my eyes are failing me but I have no idea what these umpires are seeing in these to incidents

the incorrect disposal rule is irrelevant as it now seems you can throw the ball...drop it in a tackle and you get a holding you free... the AFL and umpires are killing this once great game....something is not right here

correct, houli ***** as well

higgins needs to be dropped to the vfl
thank f$^#, I thought I was the only one who has noticed how bad houli has been lately. this bloke is a senior player. he consistently gets the ball takes too long to decide what to do. stops . goes back behind the mark. pause. chip sideways kick off his left. mate we got you at the club to be a rebounding runner. I have seen none of that for a long time just half arsed efforts jogging two meters off his opponent , missed tackles and slow play out the back which severly hampers our attacking play. ellis is the other culprit of this. I would rather eat my own turds than have to watch this bloke with his helicopter kick butcher balls. fmd.
not seeing much from menadue either ....these guys are our Achilles heal. as soon as the power rangers turned the heat up on them they had it won....

thank f$^#, I thought I was the only one who has noticed how bad houli has been lately. this bloke is a senior player. he consistently gets the ball takes too long to decide what to do. stops . goes back behind the mark. pause. chip sideways kick off his left. mate we got you at the club to be a rebounding runner. I have seen none of that for a long time just half arsed efforts jogging two meters off his opponent , missed tackles and slow play out the back which severly hampers our attacking play. ellis is the other culprit of this. I would rather eat my own turds than have to watch this bloke with his helicopter kick butcher balls. fmd.
not seeing much from menadue either ....these guys are our Achilles heal. as soon as the power rangers turned the heat up on them they had it won....
Ellis has to go.....and take Butler with him

Considering we are missing 8 of our 11 most important players (the only 3 who played last night were Grimes, Martin and Vlastuin) - being completely analytical, it wasn't a bad performance. There were some poor individual games. Half our side had less than 50 games.

I'm going half-full. We WILL get everyone back (except for Rance) - we have 7 of our last 9 games at the MCG (the 2 others are Saints at Docklands, and GC up there), we SHOULD win enough games to make the finals. And once there, if we get a break and avoid going interstate too often (even then - we're not a bad travelling team), anything can happen. Let's be honest, the way we played in 2017 finals, we would have won the flag from 8th.

So my prediction is either:

1) Miss finals
or
2) Be the Finals surprise

Brandon had come down from the wing and then sprinted the final 10-15m to make the contest. But yeah let's hammer him for being a squib and excuse Dusty, because heaven forbid we're critical of anyone not a whipping boy.

100% not true. Go back to matches where Dusty played poorly and you will see the knives were out for him too. In a major way.
Dusty was not in a position to even make contact with the ball. Sure he jumped but it was never gonna happen. Ellis on the other hand cannot be excused for not once but twice failing to impact the flight of the ball because he was more concerned with bracing for impact.
These are just facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brandon had come down from the wing and then sprinted the final 10-15m to make the contest. But yeah let's hammer him for being a squib and excuse Dusty, because heaven forbid we're critical of anyone not a whipping boy.
He’s a squib, it’s a fact! Trying to compare dusty to him, give me a break. Brandon pathetic contest cost us a goal which shouldn’t of happened.

You do realise he was a midfielder who was pushing back to support the back line. Yeah he made mistakes but he was there trying to help teammates in a tough situation unlike some others who'll escape criticism because they weren't.
I do agree that he was helping out, don’t get me wrong, I thin Ellis is great when he plays his role, he is just not versatile. And yes l agree that there are others who just did not run for long enough,which goes back to my first argument, if we win the ball then we have initiative, if they win the ball then we have to work twice as hard to win it back, no wonder our players ran out of legs - add that to our age and there you have it.

Gutsy performance to stay in the contest for 3 1/2 Q with much of our seconds side in
Higgo drop him , woefully out of form , needs to rebuild confidence
Butler , slightly better but refer above
Garth , sorry buddy , big jobs I know , need to add size to play v the big fellas
Praying we get 4-5 back for next game

Higgins playing hot potato. I’m really worried about him because I don’t see any strengths to his game....... don’t think he’s gonna make it

When we have the cattle he will need to re-earn his spot - that will be good for him eventually. He's had and enjoyed a lot of hype.

Mmmm interesting with Seymour coming in for Rioli. Let's hope he's learnt how to kick on his left, not run into traffic and not overrun the ball. He's played some good and some **** so here's hoping

Wrote that about Butler when he was picked for the Norph game. Doesn't appear to have worked on his deficiencies at all.

There's something about Higgins that I don't like. His kicking skills for a midget who seems a bit scared at times aren't good enough IMO. If you have zero physical attributes you'd want classy skills...hmmmm

And this is April.

Lol sorry about the gloating but I don't think we need these types playing at the moment.

Higgins playing hot potato. I’m really worried about him because I don’t see any strengths to his game....... don’t think he’s gonna make it

Higgins is having second year blues big time.

We know he has clean and hands and good decision making. Last night was appalling. A couple of times he just panicked when he had good position. Let him mature and we've got a star. Something not right, and I'd guess it's mental. He'll be fine.

Higgins is having second year blues big time.

We know he has clean and hands and good decision making. Last night was appalling. A couple of times he just panicked when he had good position. Let him mature and we've got a star. Something not right, and I'd guess it's mental. He'll be fine.

Problem is he should have been dropped 3 weeks ago. The fumbling and panic has been festering. Contrary to popular opinion, being dropped isn't a punishment, it's to work on your game and get touch in a lower level. Wouldn't Higgins be a perfect candidate? Last thing we want is to turn another good junior into a Tambling who's permanently psychologically damaged. He needs a run in the twos badly.

My big take away from last night was how we were annihilated in the contest. They got gold platter ruck service (Chol doing OK notwithstanding), and dominated clearances. If we can at least half the contests then we'd smash them.

Hammering the defenders etc to me just misses the point. Our contested midfield sucks big time right now. A lot of that is injuries. But we really need a couple of monster mids. Until we get enough guys in there that can make a genuine contest we will lose to good sides. That Graham and Dusty did really quite well shows how undermanned we are. Simply put, we are playing a game where we are going to lose control and have to get it back in general play.

Until we can fix that all the rest is just a bunch of old men shouting at clouds

297.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast vs Adelaide and changes for the bye (or St Kilda)

Back