Autopsy Roast & toast vs Adelaide and changes for the bye (or St Kilda)

Best five

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • 2: Dylan Grimes

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • 3: Dion Prestia

Votes: 135 68.9%
  • 4: Dustin Martin

Votes: 179 91.3%
  • 5: Brandon Ellis

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • 7: Dan Butler

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 11: Jason Castagna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13: Jack Higgins

• 14: Bachar Houli

Votes: 18 9.2%
  • 17: Daniel Rioli

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 19: Tom Lynch

Votes: 148 75.5%
  • 22: Josh Caddy

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

Votes: 77 39.3%
  • 35: Nathan Broad

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 37: Connor Menadue

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 157 80.1%
  • 45: Patrick Naish

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • 47: Mabior Chol

Votes: 45 23.0%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to learn if he’s going to make it as a defender that he needs to either put it over the boundary; spoil to a team mates advantage; mark the ******* thing.

It’s not enough to just get a weak fist on the pill. Not a good night for him.
Yep and also needs to take the body of the oppo. Tries to do it without body contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Garth was only in his second year....

Problem is Garth has been our best VFL defender since Bachelor (who was elite at the level). Doesn’t say much about the developing Miller and co

VFL success does not always translate.
Otherwise Cory Ellis would have been a star at AFL level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So many surprise results this year evening out the ladder means could be 14 wins for fourth.
Normally 15 wins.
Garth is a VFL player and Higgins can be omitted to recapture form.
Hoping for washouts for India and England matches in the cricket.
Would only be awarded one point.
Looks like washout today.

Not going to hang Garth, we all said the same things about rance, he needs time and experience which he got in spades tonight.
Rance had the raw ingredients - athleticism, agility and strength

Garth looks like Adam Pattinson mark 2, just smaller and hunchback... lumbers around always catching up to the contest.

Higgins is just too much of a nervous fumbler to be a mid at the AFL level, it seems.

Prestia needs to have the confidence to go for goal when he's broken out on the run around the 50m line.

Dusty was quite good, but a couple of weird disposals (which seems to be the new normal).

Chol was fantastic around the ground but had no body presence in the actual ruck contests.

Loved almost all of Stack in that game :)

Bolton needs to come in for Butler as Butler is just useless at AFL level. I don't care if Bolton is a "selfish" footballer - I'd prefer his effort and skill level over Butler not doing much if anything.

Last edited:
I was satisfied with the effort from most of the boys tonight. I really expected to bring out the Kakuro 20x20 puzzle out by quarter time, but we fought on tenaciously not so much against the Crows forces , but more on the passengers we carried.
I can cut some slack for first and second year lads making errors in the clinches of the moment, but players who’ve been around like Ellis Butler and Menadue their is none. They were momentum killers and I reckon they were involved in all of Adelaide’s goals in one way or another. We would have won had they not played in my opinion as they’re all vanilla soft ( by AFL standard) outside players and we just needed a few blokes who were prepared to get dirty.
Positives: Lynch for more involvement as a team player and moving better although he did play on an ex cricketer for a half.
Graham huge with Stack and Chol showed enough, but we still need to assist him with another ruck as young Balta just had no legs.

Back