Autopsy Roast & toast vs Adelaide and changes for the bye (or St Kilda)

Best five

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • 2: Dylan Grimes

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • 3: Dion Prestia

Votes: 135 68.9%
  • 4: Dustin Martin

Votes: 179 91.3%
  • 5: Brandon Ellis

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • 7: Dan Butler

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 11: Jason Castagna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13: Jack Higgins

• 14: Bachar Houli

Votes: 18 9.2%
  • 17: Daniel Rioli

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 19: Tom Lynch

Votes: 148 75.5%
  • 22: Josh Caddy

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

Votes: 77 39.3%
  • 35: Nathan Broad

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 37: Connor Menadue

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 38: Noah Balta

• 42: Ryan Garthwaite

• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 157 80.1%
  • 45: Patrick Naish

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • 47: Mabior Chol

Votes: 45 23.0%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Butler, Higgins and Rioli are all down on form. Butler is the type who will always be better when we are moving the ball forward quickly but hasn't really been able to make the shift yet to a midfielder. Rioli was playing sore for a few weeks and in and out of the side from those big knocks earlier on the season, so maybe just needs some continuity. Higgins has hit a bit of the second year blues. All important players but we just aren't getting the crumbling goals when Lynch brings the ball to ground. Surprised some are suggesting Baker getting dropped - I reckon he's been pretty good this season. :sick:

You're right, I should have been on here many years ago. I just never bothered to look up a footy forum until today.

I'm in Colombia, but I lived many years in Melbourne although born and bred in Sydney. Don't hold that against me. Hehe.
I sometimes train with the AFL side Bogota bulldogs in Colombia.

Your running Shazza’s drug cartel over there ? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

classic hardwick with a cryptic gangster slap to afl headquarters. :D:D:D
can just tell the club hates the afl and vice versa

it has been that way for over 100 years

campaigners changed the rules cos of us, took our zone off us in the 80s , umps ream us every single year and now they have fbi agents hidden inside our cheer squad. get ****ed

Dusty
Prestia
Stack
Lunch
Graham were easily our best

Chol showed a fair bit, give him more games.

Bit unreasonable to be laying into Garth, he’s been thrown in the deep end and playing on guys he shouldn’t be playing on yet. I still think he’ll be a good reliable defender for us down the track.

Ellis is a disgrace with the way he kills our momentum, we were in a situation about 5-6 times tonight where he just had to kill the ball,every single time bar 1, a goal or a shot on goal ensured bc he didn’t kill it and the man when he had the chance. Had an opportunity to stand up but he failed miserably. If anyone mentions his stats they can gagf!

Higgins, needs a spell, that was embarrassing.

Butler is a show pony and doesn’t have the required intensity anymore, just floats around and cruises like a muppet

Season on the line next 2 matches

I am going to say it.

Butler is not tough enough to play AFL.

He should be a ballerina!!!!

He simply is afraid of contact and no way would play for a Leigh Mathews side surely!!!

Shirks the contest far too often and simply is not brave enough even to have any contest on any possession.

Just likes to receive in space and thats pretty much it. Might kick a goal when no pressure is on the line but he is so far off it cost us probably 4-6 goals tonight
Surely the coaches show these guys the game footage so they can see themselves put in piss poor efforts at contests. Why then do guys like Butler put in the same piss weak actions at contests the following week? Cotchin throws himself at contests like he doesn’t care for his safety, and then you have guys like Butler not wanting any physical contact. I don’t get it.

I really hate to say it but I’m honest with our team as they come..
I really thought we were pretty awesome tonight, considering who we had on the park...
Dusty, prestia, lynch, vlaustin all showed awesome leadership!

Loved some of our young guys efforts in chol, stack, naish, graham (remember he’s still very young)

Unfortunately I hate to say it but Brando was at his worst tonight... I’ve been a big fan of Brando this year, really been good when’s he’s back has been against the wall but tonight he was shocking.,, for a senior player I really expected him to the leader across the wing/half back but he was shown up by stack and menadue...
He panicked, stopped momentum, butchered so many possessions... was so cringe worthy to watch...
he took over Edwards position... wow we miss Edwards!!

Garthwaite downers... I don't know. There were times I was tracking him from in our forward 50 to running back into our defense 50 and I'm thinking wow.

I think the torching of him is harsh. He’s learning the craft. And when the Crouch boys get it 80 times, the midfield pressure is a concern. Wouldn’t have been much different with Astbury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast vs Adelaide and changes for the bye (or St Kilda)

Back