Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Adelaide & Changes for Hawthorn

Best Players vs Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Broad is actually showing what he means to our defence, he gives us flexibility! We need to stop giving silly frees away even though the umps were whistle happy against us

Vlaustin for Conca
Prestia or if not ready Miles for C Ellis as we need to get our hands on the ball more

Hopefully Caddy & Nank ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I'm serious the umps were awful. over 10 of their frees weren't there. they called half a dozen only after hearing the crowd boos which just highlights how much of a joke they are. we were shit but would've still won if the umps weren't amateurs that have done no training the whole off season and have no idea what's going on
Lol so getting spanked in the contested possessions and having only one player that played well all night and another one for one half had nothing to do with our loss? It was the umpires but. Sheesh

Now that i have slept on it and calm down a little i put things in perspective. A lot of teams not just us are going to lose on the Road to Adelaide. It's as simple as that. They spoke about the fact that Pyke has coached 23 wins there from 28 matches. Thats an 82 % winning strike rate.

Yes, the umpiring was pro Crows and yes they got soft frees, but it's not the reason we lost .

To be in the game missing some of our lynch pins for so long and to only get steam rolled in the last few minutes says a lot.

We escaped with no injuires which is a huge plus and the VFL boys will be making a number of senior players nervous.

No doubt we are a much better side with Broad, tigger, Prestia and Rioli.

We miss not having another tall near Jack. Need either Chol, Moore or Balta. Lloyd and Miles must be a chance to get in.

Simple as this. Hawthorn beat Collingwood who are bottom two. Shut down Mitchell and get hands on ball we win

Lol so getting spanked in the contested possessions and having only one player that played well all night and another one for one half had nothing to do with our loss? It was the umpires but. Sheesh

Ive admitted we were shit this whole time dude but were still within 9 in the last despite the umps absolutely rooting us. Youre free to act like the umps were not an issue and they can continue being absolute garbage with no accountability but I won't stand for having amateurs umpiring our professional sport

Ive admitted we were shit this whole time dude but were still within 9 in the last despite the umps absolutely rooting us. Youre free to act like the umps were not an issue and they can continue being absolute garbage with no accountability but I won't stand for having amateurs umpiring our professional sport
Mate we got absolutely slaughtered on the inside, and that was with Crouch out for the majority of the game. Then when we actually got the ball outside we fumbled and dropped uncontested marks all night.

Yeah, there was probably the usual home town bias, but in reality we got whacked by the crows and could have easily lost by a lot more. Probably would have if Dusty didn't have 25 and 5 and Rance didn't go into superman mode in the second half.

To be in the game missing some of our lynch pins
giphy.gif

Lots of Conca, C Ellis and Bolton bashing going on and they certainly didn't cover themselves with glory.
However, players 20, 21 & 22 very rarely have great days when the vast majority of the senior and supposedly better players have shockers.
It was no surprise that the "bottom 6" of Adelaide had no influence during the Grand Final as most of their "top 6" gave nothing.
We are no different as I can't recall Cotchin, Rance and Reiwoldt all playing as poorly all at once.

** Rance did redeem himself partly with a tremendous second half **

Been saying for a while need another tall- they are saying nank and caddy may be suspended- out skill errors horrendous- Conca c Ellis and Bolton need to go- vlas comes in - if Prestia is not ready go for miles- I would like to see Loyd in- or meneadu- long term Macca and b Ellis need to go. Play a tall. Been out marked in 2 games. We had no game plan. Martin can't do it on his own.

Geez Riewoldt struggles with Talia though. Its amazing how he actually got a hold of him GF day
In fairness to Jack though, our delivery to him was hopeless last night.
Hack kicks and high bombs all game.

Mate we got absolutely slaughtered on the inside, and that was with Crouch out for the majority of the game. Then when we actually got the ball outside we fumbled and dropped uncontested marks all night.

Yeah, there was probably the usual home town bias, but in reality we got whacked by the crows and could have easily lost by a lot more. Probably would have if Dusty didn't have 25 and 5 and Rance didn't go into superman mode in the second half.

Well said. It's honestly pretty embarrassing reading 20 pages of petty whining, excuses and immature jabs at Adelaide/the umpires/anyone else. So, Tex is a massive douche. Adelaide outplayed us and respect to them for that, particularly their midfield which smashed us without Crouch. Sometimes you play badly and the opposition plays better. And no number of premierships is gonna change that. Suck it up, stop being so insecure and fragile. Take some lessons and improve for next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the cold light of a new day, really not too disappointed with that loss.
Early reality check against a highly credentialed opposition, in their own backyard, after they were under the blowtorch all week & only in game 2 is possibly a good result for us moving forward.

We may have really gotten ahead of ourselves if we had of won comfortably.

This will give Dimma and our leaders the opportunity to reality check the whole squad and re-focus on the weeks ahead.

Better to have lost this one than against some other less credentialed team in a week or two. :cool:

If Nank gets suspended for that then the game is ****ed .... Caddy will go for sure and that will really hurt us.

In: Miles, Prestia (if fit) Higgins, Menadue
Out: Caddy (Suspension) Cellis, Conca, Bolton (not a great week to put contract talks on hold my friend)

I’m giving a toast to Short. He did some very good things last night. Some ordinary things but I feel the up side far out weighs the bad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Has fitted in nicely to the team and a lot like about his game. Unlucky not to get a goal in the first quarter when he hit the post.
Apparently he was one of the standout performers in preseason, so looks all the hard work is paying off.

Dimma hinted that we may revisited the "2nd tall/Ruck option" Moore-Is the logical one for me.Mobile enough to get around and lets be honest here.5 mins per qtr as the Ruck and the rest up fwd as a foil for Jack.The role almost fits him to a tee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Adelaide & Changes for Hawthorn

Back