Autopsy Roast, toast vs Sydney and changes for Port Adelaide in two weeks

Best vs Sydney

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If defender needs to be shifted forward its Balta or Gibcus, not Tarrant. No chance.
Gibcus maybe, but he is going so well as a back and is 19 years old. Balta obvious choice but he was injured. Tarrant could easily do it with his experience. Would have been worth a crack. They put Gibcus forward he led out marked and kicked a goal. Not that hard when all the backs were sitting on Jack's backside.

Instead of trying to replace Lynch the club should just zag. This was the problem we made for ourselves by not getting a Levi Casboult type as a structural back up for Chol & CCJ leaving, now we have lost our forward structure

Seems the perfect time to trial a new look. Bring Cumberland & Stack in & drop Georgie & surrounding them with Jack + the 2 Rioli's. Go lightning fleet forwards & see if we can overpower them with pace, and creative forward overflow. Dan's r50 running for all its zip just doesn't lend itself to being effective when the opponent pushes him the other way - wtih our firepower out we need to resort to a "defence first" backline to keep the oppo around the 80 point mark. We need a backline that has a strong spine when the oppo starts to overrun us in the 2nd half, we can hold them back enough to give our leaders time to try and stop the flood. on watching the replays once Sydney was able to isolate either Baker or Dan 1 on 1 down back we just bled goals. We can cover 1 of them down back , but not 2. Baker is the better defender so keep him down there

The bye is coming off a loss gonna be hard to beat this week
hate the scum byes

we are their grand final

their turn to run their little leggies off against the big 1

umps will suck them off too

Teams don't have discipline problems. Individuals do. We have a few in the team that play on the edge and some over it who need to pull their heads in but the same applies to every other team.

Since 2017 Jack has played 113 games and received 3+ free kicks once…yes, once. Buddy has received 3+ free kicks THIS SEASON alone … something NQR!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Since 2017 Jack has played 113 games and received 3+ free kicks once…yes, once. Buddy has received 3+ free kicks THIS SEASON alone … something NQR!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s not a discipline problem at all!!!!!

Our club is getting screwed.

yep,Hardwicks been done in by Longmire on many occassions.including last friday.
i dont wanna knock Damien tho too hard,more of a tap cos he sends the players out there to play the brand each n everytime regardless of who the oppo is ,only problem is that it sets u up for assasination
We were idiots. A good deal of our goals came from the rare accuracy of our opportunistic shots on goal rather than any sort of good ball movement.
In that third quarter the opportunistic goals dried up and the constant bombs to an out numbered Jack were easily rebounded up the other end.
That's the risk you take when you play one marking player and rely on 2 defensive forwards, one of which barely went near the ball and the other is in nappies.
If we'd subbed Cumberland on at half time I reckon he'd have been the difference, as silly as it sounds. We lacked any sort of potency up forward and the oppo rebounders feasted. Why we tend to revert back to hack kicking into the forward line every few weeks I don't know. And why can't it be rectified mid-game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems the perfect time to trial a new look. Bring Cumberland & Stack in & drop Georgie & surrounding them with Jack + the 2 Rioli's.
I don't mind this. Rioli and Pickett alternating between wing and half forward could work too. Either one certainly wouldn't put on any less pressure than George at the moment and both can run all day.
wtih our firepower out we need to resort to a "defence first" backline to keep the oppo around the 80 point mark.
Mansell coming in to take Rioli's spot fits in with this. We would of course need George to be dropped to open up a spot.

I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic.

yep,Hardwicks been done in by Longmire on many occassions.including last friday.
i dont wanna knock Damien tho too hard,more of a tap cos he sends the players out there to play the brand each n everytime regardless of who the oppo is ,only problem is that it sets u up for assasination
dimma has wone more games against horse than horse has won against damien

We were idiots. A good deal of our goals came from the rare accuracy of our opportunistic shots on goal rather than any sort of good ball movement.
In that third quarter the opportunistic goals dried up and the constant bombs to an out numbered Jack were easily rebounded up the other end.
That's the risk you take when you play one marking player and rely on 2 defensive forwards, one of which barely went near the ball and the other is in nappies.
If we'd subbed Cumberland on at half time I reckon he'd have been the difference, as silly as it sounds. We lacked any sort of potency up forward and the oppo rebounders feasted. Why we tend to revert back to hack kicking into the forward line every few weeks I don't know. And why can't it be rectified mid-game?
100%, you need the structures right from the start. Cumberland might have given us something, but he could be playing instead of George already. Big men get bigger is the old adage, sure worked for the Swans the longer the game went. We were weak last season playing one forward, so let's do it again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast, toast vs Sydney and changes for Port Adelaide in two weeks

Back