AFL Toast Round 15: 17 point win against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne Board breakdown

* = Essendon/Drug Cheats/Us/Stain on the AFL etc. etc.
Ben Jacobs would have been the difference today
Goal kicking was pathetic. (this is probably the only accurate reflection in the North autopsy thread)
We played out of our arses
McKernan is shit
Myers has never played a good game
Essendon is shitter. We are betterer
You guys are crap
We are great

You get the picture.

North Melbourne Board breakdown

* = Essendon/Drug Cheats/Us/Stain on the AFL etc. etc.
Ben Jacobs would have been the difference today
Goal kicking was pathetic. (this is probably the only accurate reflection in the North autopsy thread)
We played out of our arses
McKernan is shit
Myers has never played a good game
Essendon is shitter. We are betterer
You guys are crap
We are great

You get the picture.
You forgot the finals wins! They might be the equivalent of an AFL participation award but we have them, you don't!

Jeez, from the club who glorifies two convicted women bashers, that's pretty funny.

Yep, really never understood the bashing of a players personal life. We are all humans. We all make mistakes. Seek forgiveness and move on.

I can’t beieve anybody would actually care what norf supporters actually post. Their tin pot club survives on AFL handouts which they offer as overs to try and poach other teams talent. I’m just glad no one has been stupid enough and realise there are destination clubs and then there is Arden Street. Long live the delusion and salty outbursts. They got beaten, out coached and out run today but we still should have lost... I’m glad they have improved because it makes the salt all that sweeter! Sorry I think I spent too much time on the Norf board am I doing this right...

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with the growing maturity of our group. There were opportunities for us to stuff this one up. Early on North had an early run of goals going for them but we were able to rally and get back to within touching distance by the end of the first quarter. This was a good sign given the way things started we could have been blown out of the water by quarter time. Massive props go to Fantasia who literally kept us in the game early.

We know we've been rubbish in 3rd quarters and honestly this one still was pretty poor but we limited the damage so that we still went into the last quarter with a lead.

In the 4th quarter we kept them at arms length so they never really got within 2 goals. Sign of a mature team with strong leadership and self belief.

Plus the other positive is our team normally can't handle the weight of expectations. After a good win in Perth and a good run of form along with rising expectations it would have been so Essendon to fold the next week but this time we actually stood up and performed.

Furthermore, we have beaten 4 other premiership fancies (Adelaide - Rd 1, Power - Rd 4, Cats - Rd 9, Giants - Rd 10) so it's not like we beat up on lowly sides.
Plus wins on the road. Guess it just doesnt stack up to a last gasp win over a depleted Bulldogs outfit at home as a form guide.

Perform well or win next week against Collingwood and teams will be well and truly on notice.

Edit; the bookies didn't have much in it today and weren't far from it really.

Last edited:
Some will read this thread and think "See! We do have a rivalry with them!" But by Tuesday we'll have moved on and be focusing on Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, our first win against a Melbourne based side for the year.

Although one could argue a Tassie based side too...

And the umpire (was it him? counting down how many seconds left as he took shot at goal!!!!!!!!!!???????????????) REALLY!
Is that wrong!!!???

Do you mean letting the player know how much time is left on the shot clock? That's standard practice. You'll always hear them say "15 seconds" and then I think they follow it up with "ten", "five".

Do you mean letting the player know how much time is left on the shot clock? That's standard practice. You'll always hear them say "15 seconds" and then I think they follow it up with "ten", "five".
That's normal. 10, 9, 8 like a parent counting down for a naughty child was a bit odd though.

That's normal. 10, 9, 8 like a parent counting down for a naughty child was a bit odd though.
As Lore said, he said "15 seconds" then counted every single second down.

I have just read one page of the game review. Half the bomber supporters are suspended!! It means the boys are up and about . It might be a false dawn, or not even a dawn at all, but tonight we dine in Valhalla . Enjoy it folks .

It was a very entertaining game of footy30+ goals. Langford stood out to me .

Yep, really never understood the bashing of a players personal life. We are all humans. We all make mistakes. Seek forgiveness and move on.
Some people are either far too invested and need a reality check (it really is just a game) or they are just really nasty vile excuses of human beings.

Wayyyyy too much hate in footy. No need for it. The game is for entertainment and enjoyment. The saga killed part of footy for me. I just watch now to enjoy the spectacle and if we win, great, if we don't, so be it.

Some people are either far too invested and need a reality check (it really is just a game) or they are just really nasty vile excuses of human beings.

Wayyyyy too much hate in footy. No need for it. The game is for entertainment and enjoyment. The saga killed part of footy for me. I just watch now to enjoy the spectacle and if we win, great, if we don't, so be it.
Just because you may have lost the passion, doesn't mean others have. I enjoy being invested in wins and losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Round 15: 17 point win against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back