AFL Toast Round 15: 17 point win against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be a good spirit building amongst the boys, loved how Hurls, Hooksy, Bellcho and Ambrose all flew the flag when Goldstein got that cheap one in on half time. Orazio and Smack's goal kicking was a delight, as was the work coming out of half back by Saad n McKenna.

One point of concern. Goddard looks about 52 every time he needs to bend down for one below his knees. Time to get some yoga/pilates in Brendon... the strings are looking very toight!

Just because you may have lost the passion, doesn't mean others have. I enjoy being invested in wins and losses.
Invested is fine. Do you think personal attacks are ok? You think it is ok to defame footballers?

And it is just a game. Life is much bigger than football. Doesn't mean you can't be thoroughly invested, but there is a line.

Seems to be a good spirit building amongst the boys, loved how Hurls, Hooksy, Bellcho and Ambrose all flew the flag when Goldstein got that cheap one in on half time. Orazio and Smack's goal kicking was a delight, as was the work coming out of half back by Saad n McKenna.

One point of concern. Goddard looks about 52 every time he needs to bend down for one below his knees. Time to get some yoga/pilates in Brendon... the strings are looking very toight!

Yeah I can't disagree with your comment about Goddard. Its the number 1 reason why I think he can't play on next year. In the air he's still good. His kicking is still good. Reads the play well. But damn when he has to bend over to pick up the ball - he makes Bellchambers look like Cyril Rioli.

Well, if we have a team of spuds then.........what does that mean for Norfs list?

Let them whinge.

It’s delicious. Like a freshly cooked spud with bacon and sour cream and cheese FMD I want one right now!!!

Was only 16 months ago everyone said Richmond had a team of spuds and one of the worse list in the comp.

Grigg, Edwards, Conca, Castagna, Butler, Lambert, Houli, Grimes, Nank, Astbury were all considered that by different people at times.

Amazing what desire and willingness to compete and play team pressured footy can do with a couple of elite talents around it.

Stoked for Colyer this arvo.

Really solid first game back.
He only had a handful of possessions to 3 qtr time, due to spending a lot of time on the bench. He must have had 7-8 possessions in the last quarter and added lots of run when the game was on the line. And he took the game on a couple of times vintage Colyer style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Ben Brown get away with taking so long with his 50 metre run up to kick at goal? I noticed a few times that the time clock had already expired and he was still running in.

Why have the clock if it there is no action taken if you exceed the time? They could sound a buzzer and the ball is bounced up.

Stringer's usage of the clock made it look pretty stupid. Maybe they should reduce the time allowed.

I think I have worked out McKernan. As soon as he is in any form of doubt and has to thin he makes an error. Anything instinctual is amazing.

You’re right. When he doesn’t have time to think, he does amazing things. Give him time to think, and he blows it. Happy that he’s in good form at the moment, because he’s certainly got attributes.

Sometimes you can only appreciate a players abilities in the flesh and tv doseht do them justice. I always considered cunnington a bit of a crab, but come half time today I was a little in awe of his stoppage craft and general toughness and strength..

Second half he turned into a turd and was sniping and late hitting , being a bit of a prick. I lost respect just as quick.

He's a crab to me again.

He is damn strong I'll give him that, in a Ricciuto kind of way... Maybe even stronger through his core...

I had a little giggle when Hep tried to have a little push and shove with him and you can see Dysons face kind of looks a bit concerned in an "oh shit" kind of way...

How does Ben Brown get away with taking so long with his 50 metre run up to kick at goal? I noticed a few times that the time clock had already expired and he was still running in.

Why have the clock if it there is no action taken if you exceed the time? They could sound a buzzer and the ball is bounced up.

Stringer's usage of the clock made it look pretty stupid. Maybe they should reduce the time allowed.

The clock stops once a run up is started.

Imagine if the 'difference' between winning and losing for your side hinged on whether you played a tagger. Coach of the year Brad Scott apparently can't ask someone else to do a job?

Id be interested in how the game would go with waite and jacobs in that team. They were very BB conscious which helped our defense which wouldn't happen with Waite there who loves playing against us.
Zach also was a major factor in the win who would have been dulled had Jacobs been there.
I think this was a great win more because we beat a really well drilled hard working side, though they were weakened.

Post game I usually like to go to the opposite board and say cheers , especially if there has been pre week banter with anyone, I like to close it off with a handshake.

Jeez, I stuck my head in there, wasn't even worth saying a thing. That joint was a joke.

I've never really got the ess norf thing, but now I do, after reading some of that bile...their chip is so big it's not funny! To the extent some bloke goes, oh they are just bog average middle class people but think they are so much better..they are just polo wearing middle management types. Hahahaga pls, m8 97% of football going ppl are middle class..

I get it now, it has rubbed off on their psyche, being so poor, so unstable, they think everyone thinks they are nothing and worthless...all those Jokes we make about tin rattling and poor end of town actually hurt them.

You know what , I wanted to go and say good game but after reading a few pages , f+&$k them, they deserve everything they get. Hope they do is all a favour and fold to Tasmania.

Bloody minnows.

I'm.off to watch the replay, again.

Winners can laugh, losers can please themselves.

If bringing up the Asada days brings them joy so be it. Probably one of the big issues with their club, they like to live in the past.

I tend to find pleasing myself easier after a win, but each to their own

Are North fans always like this? I’ve never really taken much notice of them or their club in the past. There were some absolute peanuts near us in the crowd, it’s almost like they had a right to win.

Are North fans always like this? I’ve never really taken much notice of them or their club in the past. There were some absolute peanuts near us in the crowd, it’s almost like they had a right to win.
Honestly the only Norf supporters I've ever had issues with are on BigFooty. Every time I've been to a game against them the people around us are generally great. Except for the time Petrie polaxed one of our guys.

Then again, I haven't been to a North game since 2015, have missed the last three for a variety of reasons.

There was a respectful and quite funny North supporter two rows behind me, surrounded by Essendon fans. When North kicked a goal in the last and the crowd was silent he said in a commentator’s voice “boy it’s electric in here”. Everyone laughed.

Let’s not get carried away thinking generalisations from muppets you saw is the norm. Sadly it’s harder to notice the quiet ones.

The row of Essendon fans in the row directly behind me are no better than the North peanuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Round 15: 17 point win against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back