Autopsy Round 19, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives : closer to the number one pick again

Negatives : team is crap and doesn’t improve

Anyone know when the draft is compromised due to Tassie coming in?. Tassie is coming in 2028 is the draft Compromised from 26 ?

Well he needs to stopping yapping at them, he’s getting them offside so they’ll continue to give him nothing if keeps being a smug little prick.
Perhaps if the umpires actually adjudicated the rules properly he wouldn't feel the need to 'yap' at them?

• Could have stayed in a perfectly warm bed or on the couch but instead drove to Melbourne to watch that manure.

Positives:
  • Hunt played a really good game
  • Three goals from Jack Williams
  • Ginbey played well
  • Harley still battling away and doing good things despite the umps seemingly being against him
  • Culley some good moments early before fading
  • Harry Edwards showing improvement
  • We're about to tuck into a delicious feed at an Ethiopian restaurant in Footscray
Negatives:

• Skills: has any AFL team turned the ball over as consistently as this Eagles side?
  • Effort: after a much better display of pressure and tackling last week, today we were right back to our worst
  • Jones, Luke Edwards: delist
  • Bailey Williams. Last season's improvement looking like a false dawn sadly. Smashed in the ruck, tapped it to opponents when he did win a hit out, can't kick for goal to save himself.
  • Cripps had a shocker. Near the end of his career now.
  • Why sub out Chesser?
  • Umpiring. No wonder people develop conspiracy theories.
  • Saw little today to recommend Schofield as next coach, though maybe that's a positive.
  • Pathetic Saints fans booing Harley Reid. May your pissant 1 flag in 130-odd years club bring you the further decades of misery you deserve.
  • Coming to Perth this week for the first time in six years and have bought a ticket to the Derby. If we play against Freo like we did today will legit lose by 20+ goals.
Amen.

Perhaps if the umpires actually adjudicated the rules properly he wouldn't feel the need to 'yap' at them?
He plays for West Coast; the umpires aren’t going to look after him. That will come when he inevitably heads to Collingwood or Geelong in a couple of years.

I agree with you though, he’s being scragged at every opportunity. Pyke needs to tell Schofield to mention into the media this week that the club is concerned about the lack of protection he’s getting. Other coaches do it about their superstars so why wouldn’t we?

Positive: absolutely reemed by certain players who destroyed every chance to have scoring chains who it’s obvious to all won’t be playing next year.

Negative: match committee for not come under definition of “all”.

Positive

- Jack Williams

Negatives

• Killed out of the middle, zero tackling pressure inside forward 50, used the absence of M.King who always kicks a bag against us to instead enthusiastically turn Membrey into 2008 Buddy Franklin.
  • Rolling over and dying after showing some fight in the first half.
  • Cripps playing one of the worst games by an Eagle I can remember in recent times, which is an achievement in itself, then subbing Chesser out anyway.
Certainly others could have been subbed out but Chesser was having his usual day with a sub par number of disposals and involvement.
I would trade him for a pick around #40 if we could get it (hopeful probably).

Not fot the first time, i finish watching an Eagles game and one of my bigget takeaways, is How ****ing shit is Tim Kelly.

His stats always flatter him. Such a negative when he has the football, let work around stoppages. When he gets it in space, he wastes it. When he gets a clearance, is a dinky shit clearance that doens't benefit the side. Plays for himself.

Don't even get me started on Cripps, jesus christ.

+ Jack Williams. Beggers belief he was ever dropped in the first place. Every time he's played at AFL level i feel like he's held his own and not looked out of his depth.

+ Hunt tried, gets automatic points for that and not giving up. Wasted the footy and did frutstrating things at times, but effort is all fans want and he brought it in spades.

+ Maric was good. 19D, 5 marks and a goal. Didn't waste the ball either, unlike his senior teammates.

+ I suppose you called call Ginbeys game a positive. I got frustrated watching him tbh, he looked panicky and unsure of himself which isn't new, but the fact he's getting his hands on the footy and getting involved for better or worse can only be a good thing. 22 touches, 9 contested, 5 tackles is a good return.

+ Hedwards i thought was one of our better players. Solid game again from hiim.

- Cripps, Kelly, Allen... y'know, our leaders, pathetic. Ryan was also back to his normal self.

- Chesser resumed potato status. Did a couple good things, but his inability to stay involved in a game, either due to role or presence, is just concerning.

- Lack of impact from Ledwards, Culley, Hutchinson.

- Watching Reid get more and more frustrated each week is just depressing. Kelly really is the worst midfield leader of all time. Offers Harley zero protection, zero leadership or encouragement, then burns him over and over again whilst being deadset average himself.

- Jamaine Jones, once again, WHY IS HE STILL ON AN AFL LIST LET ALONE IN OUR STARTING TEAM. Ditto Petrucelle.

- Bailey Williams in the ruck. Eeeeewwww. Brother eewwww. What is that brothaaa. Eeeeewwwww.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positive:
  • 5 of our players 21 or under are in our top 8.
  • The best game of Hunt's 152 game career. 35 disposals, 723m gained & 82.9% disposal efficiency, in a team that was slaughtered.
  • Ginbey equalled his record for most disposals in a game, although he had more metres gained (307m) & better efficieny (72.7%) than his last 22 disposal game.
  • J.Will second best game of his career.
  • Maric most disposals in his 25 game career.

Negative:
  • A few names that have us consistently pulling our hair out, featuring in the bottom part of the table.

1721463873576.png

Last edited:
Positives - Im watching it on Ch7 and its now halftime and I just saw the end score. I dont have to sit through the second half smashing.
Not sure if its a positive or negative but Ryan will be suspended. Pity its not that flog Cripps. Hope he joins his buddy Darling in the WAFL.

Not fot the first time, i finish watching an Eagles game and one of my bigget takeaways, is How ****ing shit is Tim Kelly.

His stats always flatter him. Such a negative when he has the football, let work around stoppages. When he gets it in space, he wastes it. When he gets a clearance, is a dinky shit clearance that doens't benefit the side. Plays for himself.

Don't even get me started on Cripps, jesus christ.

+ Jack Williams. Beggers belief he was ever dropped in the first place. Every time he's played at AFL level i feel like he's held his own and not looked out of his depth.

+ Hunt tried, gets automatic points for that and not giving up. Wasted the footy and did frutstrating things at times, but effort is all fans want and he brought it in spades.

+ Maric was good. 19D, 5 marks and a goal. Didn't waste the ball either, unlike his senior teammates.

+ I suppose you called call Ginbeys game a positive. I got frustrated watching him tbh, he looked panicky and unsure of himself which isn't new, but the fact he's getting his hands on the footy and getting involved for better or worse can only be a good thing. 22 touches, 9 contested, 5 tackles is a good return.

+ Hedwards i thought was one of our better players. Solid game again from hiim.

- Cripps, Kelly, Allen... y'know, our leaders, pathetic. Ryan was also back to his normal self.

- Chesser resumed potato status. Did a couple good things, but his inability to stay involved in a game, either due to role or presence, is just concerning.

- Lack of impact from Ledwards, Culley, Hutchinson.

- Watching Reid get more and more frustrated each week is just depressing. Kelly really is the worst midfield leader of all time. Offers Harley zero protection, zero leadership or encouragement, then burns him over and over again whilst being deadset average himself.

- Jamaine Jones, once again, WHY IS HE STILL ON AN AFL LIST LET ALONE IN OUR STARTING TEAM. Ditto Petrucelle.

- Bailey Williams in the ruck. Eeeeewwww. Brother eewwww. What is that brothaaa. Eeeeewwwww.
Tim kelly plays similar role to sheed in that he’s he’s a third/fourth on baller that can play hff/wing and can be be damaging. Kelly’s class usually has set him apart from being Sheed but lately Sheed is going as good as sheed was a couple years ago. Gets the ball but no real impact. He’ll end up just like Dom when he struggles to accumulate the ball too.

Assistant coach attempting to play the same gameplan as the departed coach, hoping for different results.

Still trying to play a pressing approach, without anywhere near the amount of pace up forward to execute it.

As stated by others, tackles inside attacking 50 were 23-0 in St Kilda's favour, which is the largest such discrepancy in that statistic that I can ever recall.

Dominated by the Saints in the middle in both ruck and contest. B.Williams is as effective as a sock puppet, Kelly had his typical underwhelming away day, Reid was dragged and bullied out of things and the rot flowed downhill from there.

67-35 inside 50s
28-11 scoring shots

Considering the above, it should have been well over a 100 point loss. Only kept below that due to some of the performances in defence and St Kilda's general incompetence at taking any opportunity.

Unfortunately, the team remains full of players that have no viable future at AFL level.

J.Williams should be persisted with for the remainder of the season.

The death knell for J.Schofield's chances of getting the top job permanently came when he ran out of ideas and tried to park the bus across goal, despite already being eight goals down.

Five more weeks of this holding pattern still to come.

Ok, so I was watching but maybe not with full attention, that being said.

Why does Hunt look like he's the only one trying? Genuinely sprinting while everyone else jogs around without intent. Had 9 turnovers but to be fair it looked like he was the only AFL player we had, he's so much better as a backman. Wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Jones down back.

JJ is not a forward, either give him a similar role to Hunt or drop him, at worst make him the sub. Dewar or Burgiel could have taken his spot.

Tim Kelly looked so bad, just give the hands off mate when team mates are streaming forward.

Petruccelle shouldn't have played. Did some nice things but undid a lot of them as well. He had a good mark or two and one really nice kick in particular but **** me he was also frustrating, Dewar should have got the spot.

Luke Edwards, worst game I have seen him play. Some of his kicks were very bad, didn't see him do much right at all.

Maric looks like a good AFL player but I am still unsure on his position due to the whole height issue and it's not like we're dominating the air with contested marks thanks to our talls.

Culley unsighted. Wasn't watching closely, was he playing midfield? If not, why even bring him in?

Rotham selection ... why? Why was he sub? Why bring him in for the sub role, that's a wasted spot because all he will do is come on to replace a defender.

Reid is overcooking some of his kicks. I think we need to take down his TOG a little bit or get more time resting forward to give him that burst and impact. Easier said than done when the midfield is shit because we need him there as well, which is sad as he's a first year with 15 games or something.

Trew had some good handballs, the type of releasing handballs that other players just can't see, the type that opens the game up and allows someone to run onto it rather than panicked 1m handballs. Not as good as last week but neither were the team as a whole.

0 tackles inside 50 and only 3 f50 ground ball gets!

Harry Edwards continues to impress and so does Jack Williams. I still think the forward line would have been better served with Darling replacing Waterman for 1 week with JWill as the resting ruck.

Bailey Williams unfortunately hasn't shown much of anything as a forward, when he does mark it his set shots are crap.

Bailey williams needs to go at the end of the year. Thats either from the club or starting 22. Need to bringing in a bloke that can ruck majority of the game. At the moment a good Bailey williams game is when he is unsighted and/or close to nullifying the oppo ruckmen. He brings nothing in the ruck, nothing when the ball hits the deck, nothing around the ground, nothing when you need a big reliable clunk from a ruckmen and nothing up foward.

Flynn’s injuries are a concern but surely there’s someone we can get that can shoulder majority of the rucking and actually provide some sort of service for us. Also need to back in Jack Williams now as a key forward that can pinch hit in the ruck. Jack has a future for us but not only does Bailey not have one for us, he doesn’t have one in the comp either

Ok, so I was watching but maybe not with full attention, that being said.

Why does Hunt look like he's the only one trying? Genuinely sprinting while everyone else jogs around without intent. Had 9 turnovers but to be fair it looked like he was the only AFL player we had, he's so much better as a backman. Wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Jones down back.

JJ is not a forward, either give him a similar role to Hunt or drop him, at worst make him the sub. Dewar or Burgiel could have taken his spot.

Tim Kelly looked so bad, just give the hands off mate when team mates are streaming forward.

Petruccelle shouldn't have played. Did some nice things but undid a lot of them as well. He had a good mark or two and one really nice kick in particular but **** me he was also frustrating, Dewar should have got the spot.

Luke Edwards, worst game I have seen him play. Some of his kicks were very bad, didn't see him do much right at all.

Maric looks like a good AFL player but I am still unsure on his position due to the whole height issue and it's not like we're dominating the air with contested marks thanks to our talls.

Culley unsighted. Wasn't watching closely, was he playing midfield? If not, why even bring him in?

Rotham selection ... why? Why was he sub? Why bring him in for the sub role, that's a wasted spot because all he will do is come on to replace a defender.

Reid is overcooking some of his kicks. I think we need to take down his TOG a little bit or get more time resting forward to give him that burst and impact. Easier said than done when the midfield is shit because we need him there as well, which is sad as he's a first year with 15 games or something.

Trew had some good handballs, the type of releasing handballs that other players just can't see, the type that opens the game up and allows someone to run onto it rather than panicked 1m handballs. Not as good as last week but neither were the team as a whole.

0 tackles inside 50 and only 3 f50 ground ball gets!

Harry Edwards continues to impress and so does Jack Williams. I still think the forward line would have been better served with Darling replacing Waterman for 1 week with JWill as the resting ruck.

Bailey Williams unfortunately hasn't shown much of anything as a forward, when he does mark it his set shots are crap.
Ledwards is as vanilla as they come. Sure he looks good in tight at times but he lacks speed as an outsider and isn’t big or strong to play inside. Skills are also trash. I haven’t been this harsh on him till recently but never understood why he was so liked by mc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back