Autopsy Round 19, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the development coaches as much as anything. Line coaches do the tactical shit, but the basic skills coaches are the one's that i feel let us down even more than the other idiots.

With the exception of Schofield (despite our recent performances) i'd be happy to lose any and all campaigners off this list. That includes Gavin Bell the kent.

View attachment 2054904

Gordon Ramsay Get Out GIFs | Tenor

Wonder how Matty Knights and Jacob Brennan feel about Allen, Williams, Hutchinson, Petrucelle, Ryan, Culley and Jones as a collective fail to lay a single tackle inside F50 yesterday.

A group of blokes being paid very good coin for very little output over a number of years.

How is Jacob Brennan a development coach when he couldn't even develop himself.

How is Jacob Brennan a development coach when he couldn't even develop himself.
This is what I meant.

Wouldn't Harley be like "mate, who are you?"

But if it was say Robert Harvey it's more like "geez Harvs was a gun"

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those who cant do, teach?
Sure. Some of the best coaches were guys that weren't stars of the game but they at least had experience. Brennan played 28 AFL games before being delisted and only 50 odd WAFL games. Hardly a great resume. He would have less experience than half the guys on the list.

How do we have a board of absolute nuffies. This all get along boys club is spread deep throughout this whole club.
Gut the lot of em, let Schuey assist not be a main coach until he learns the ropes

Super stinky effort. Players staying true to themselves by following a solid effort with a complete absence of anything approaching a professional performance.

Possibly Schofield tried to do some different things early doors. The players all looked lost. We seemed to go back to the existing gameplan but that one kinda doesn't work. Simmos system seems to deaden the wits of all who play for us.

Hopefully the axe is swung hard post season. So many areas that need addressing. I can't help but feel there are some entitled attitudes lurking in the playing group. Needs to be rooted out - trade, delist, park in the WAFL. Leadership is awful and Duggan and Allen just aren't it.

Schofield just needs to stick to his guns on selection integrity. It's probably the only card he has to play when the players are evidently quite happy to check out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hough not getting enough love. He is all class, another great game where he both blanketed his opponent and got involved the other way. Surely a lock for top 3 in the bnf.

But I hope the next coach gets him more involved up the ground next year too. He'd make a great defensively minded mid who is smart enough to help his team mates get the ball cleanly out of stoppages.
Very composed for a relatively inexperienced player.

It's the development coaches as much as anything. Line coaches do the tactical shit, but the basic skills coaches are the one's that i feel let us down even more than the other idiots.

With the exception of Schofield (despite our recent performances) i'd be happy to lose any and all campaigners off this list. That includes Gavin Bell the kent.

View attachment 2054904

Gordon Ramsay Get Out GIFs | Tenor

Wonder how Matty Knights and Jacob Brennan feel about Allen, Williams, Hutchinson, Petrucelle, Ryan, Culley and Jones as a collective fail to lay a single tackle inside F50 yesterday.
Have they even been taught how to tackle ?

Hard to gauge Culley's game, whenever he was targeted on a lead or on his own the pass fell short or missed him by a mile. If the guys going inside 50 were actually decent kicks he would've had at least a couple of set shots.

Hard to gauge Culley's game, whenever he was targeted on a lead or on his own the pass fell short or missed him by a mile. If the guys going inside 50 were actually decent kicks he would've had at least a couple of set shots.

Laidley in today’s player ratings in The West rated Culley a 6.

Got 9 (?) possessions but led to 4 goals. Going from memory here so caution applies to previous.

Dani Laidley only had about 4/5 players ahead of, or equal to Culley. Again from memory.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back