Review Round 2 versus Richmond, the autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Wells when does he play?

Two observations from a neutral fan -

Rob Harvey is no good. Adams is the only mid to improve in his time at the club. The rest were all either established players (Pendles, Treloar, Sidey) or have gone nowhere.

He did the same thing at Carlton (everything was Judd, Gibbs and Murphy) and the Saints (Hayes, Dal, Montagna).

Look at the improvement in guys like Steven and Armo after he left us.

Secondly; Bucks is doing to Moore what Malthouse did to Josh Fraser. Killing him with these games super early in his development. He fights hard and gives his all but he is getting smashed by bigger bodies and it's going to burn him out.

Josh was a pretty good player but never became the star he promised to become because his body was so beaten by his 25th birthday.

Good luck for the rest of the season guys.

Although he still made some mistakes late Ramsay got better as the game went on, I'd give him a couple more weeks in the seniors to see if he can settle.

Moore and Schade are more pressing concerns. Schade lost his man a few times ball watching and made some bad decisions using the footy including rushing a couple of kicks, which resulted in silly turnovers. Aside from not fumbling and being clean gathering the footy I can't see he's much of an upgrade on Frost. Frost managed a few decent games, which suggests Schade could be able to fill a role however he's not the star fullback that great sides have.

Moore looks out of form and while he did manage a few nice marks this week his defensive efforts also weren't there. A couple of times when he was manning the mark the Richmond player was too easily able to get away after playing on. There was one occasion where the Richmond player ran wide and Moore didn't really chase or pressure him, which allowed an easy inside 50. The other occasion that comes to mind is when Moore jumped at the Richmond player who was playing on, this took him out of the play allowing the Richmond player an easy side step and forward 50 entry. Moore's going to develop quicker with senior game time, so I wonder if it's worth playing him back for a couple of weeks to see if his form can turnaround.

Watching the game as a neutral supporter I thought that Schade was decent tonight and is being treated a little bit harshly on here. Much better than Jack Frost
Also think Moore should go to e VFL for 3-4 weeks at least and bring in Dunn, either him or Reid playing forward
Also Maynard and Blair are both under performing, at least Maynard has youth on his side
And Bring back Mason cox!!

Don't worry about us worry about breaking your 10 yr finals drought. And 50 yr premiership drought. Most of the above comments that you made a stupid. And have made everyone reading including me stupid for reading them.

Aren't you the guy who wears a helmet because the sky is falling in.
My glass is always half full yours is always empty.
I prefer the glass being half full.
Always tastes better

Rob Harvey is no good. Adams is the only mid to improve in his time at the club. The rest were all either established players (Pendles, Adams, Sidey) or have gone nowhere.

He did the same thing at Carlton (everything was Judd, Gibbs and Murphy) and the Saints (Hayes, Dal, Montagna).

Secondly; Bucks is doing to Moore what Malthouse did to Josh Fraser. Killing him with these games super early in his development. He fights hard and gives his all but he is getting smashed by bigger bodies and it's going to burn him out.

Josh was a pretty good player but never became the star he promised to become because his body was so beaten by his 25th birthday.

Harvey keeps because he is Bucks Best Mates. Both Useless Coaches

Good games by Grundy, Treloar, Pendles, WHE, Howe, Adams and Goldsack.

Moore was okay he had Rance on him and seem to do well in the first half when the he had a few opportunities to get a leap. Not the player to bomb long to a 1v1 against Rance.

Broomhead, Aish, Phillips, Ramsay, Maynard should be given a decent run at it as they hopefully are the future although they were all shite tonight and need to do better.

I'm done with Blair, nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. We all know it.

Mayne is just not good enough;that miss was the worst thing he's done in black and white. Needs to be dropped to give him a shock.

IMO Fasolo has enough credits in the bank to be excused for tonight. Was good enough last week and is better then Mayne and Blair.

I don't know what's going on with Crisp he just doesn't look like the player we know he can be. Only in the team because of injury/suspension.

Sidebottom was brilliant last week but poor tonight. I'd consider playing him full time small forward as he's quite similar to Phillips on the wing. Seems to have that goal scoring knack about him.

Schade is looking an awful lot like a non-albino Frost.

For next week I'd have
Out: Blair, Schade, Mayne
In: Varcoe, Crocker, Dunn

Tempted to give Scharenburg a run in the seniors but i think he needs more time in the VFL. Don't wanna rush him and bizarrely enough the defence wasn't that bad tonight.

Smith and Crisp have one more week, another performance like tonight and they're gone.

If we finish bottom 8 we have to do everything possible to draft Hayden McClean

Anyone blaming players inability to kick is short sighted. If only he kicked that goal! If only he held onto that mark!

Its the same as saying if only Moore would never drop a mark and kick 150 goals a season we'd never lose!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

For the most part collingwood consists of all afl standard players. They can all kick, they can all handball, they can all run. But that doesn't mean they can play cohesively as a team and its up to the coaches to facilitate that, thats the bottom line. And sure it doesn't always happen - after all there can only be one winner at the end of the season but thats why coaches get sacked and replaced by someone who has a different outlook, and buckley is next in line along with his cronies. Hes had more than enough time to show something.

Brilliant!

My sentiments exactly!

It may appear as though they lack skill.. pigs a.. they do.. they looked uterly confused at thr best of times almost to the point we're they're head butting each other trying to figure out where the hell they should be on the pitch.. and that is Buckley and his staff at work right there.

A coach with under 18 experience and a couple of yrs as an assistant.. mate piss off! What a waste of 6-7 yrs under him.

A senior coach should be employed to hit the ground running.. not to figure things out whilst friggen coaching.. particular after 6-7 yrs.

A professional club of our magnitude.. to make a decision that satisfied a handful of people and their greed.. and complete disregard for 125 yrs of history.. is completely woeful as far as I'm concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed WHE's game tonight. Can't believe you aren't playing Dunny though. Would give you a bit of stability down back and free up Reid a touch.

The defense held together well, IMO, given how exposed we were on a couple of turnovers.

The spread from the contest was real bad at times especially exiting the back half where we just refused to use the width of the ground on the switch. Then there was the lack of angle options to spread the Tigers defense.

Changing angles makes us less predictable and harder for the opposition to prevent the overlap. Too often they forced long down the line. Treloar touched on the ball movement in his post match interview on SEN and confirmed we didn't move it how we wanted, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because the forwards probably would have just burned the shot :(

With Sydney to come up there things look bleak, but it isn't just about the win loss either we are just so hard to enjoy watching. One thing we have to prioritise Grundy's signature immediately forget attracting players just get him signed up...
Grundy is starting to impose himself on games. That long range goal said a lot. Same with Treloar. Quality players do stand up in these situations.
Gutted as I am about the loss,still positives. As you mentioned, no injuries for a change. Nobody on reports.
Broomhead played a full game. WHE looking getting better each game. We got players coming back and we can only get stronger from here.
And our VFL team will get a few new faces.

At least you can say we are consistent at serving up tripe game after game for the last few years, so tonight's performance shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Hence why the loss doesn't actually burn, more expected than anything.

Plenty of issues with the club, all the way from the players to the coaching staff, to the administration side of things. In the end it all boils down to how good the guys on the park are as that is what we all take out time to go see, and they are just deplorable. Two rounds into the season, the cold weather hasn't even hit and its season over for us. I just don't have the heart or time to care anymore. At least now I don't have to plan things around Collingwood games this winter.
The reality, despite my disgust at tonight's performance, is that I will get up and watch again next week as I have for nigh on 60 years. What hurts is that we have been building for so long and that the side is stacked full of players that other clubs would die for and yet we can't even get over a side who are unlikely to play finals for the foreseeable future. We are putrid! Prove me wrong Pies because tonight's performance hurt deeply.

Rob Harvey is no good. Adams is the only mid to improve in his time at the club. The rest were all either established players (Pendles, Treloar, Sidey) or have gone nowhere.

Like your comments on Moore has to be moved higher up on the ground before Buckley screws him completely. Either CHB or CHF

Im no longer making watching pies game a priorty... always dissapoints i am honestly done......Pendlebury should lookto go to a team like the giants he deserves some success.....i love him but why would he stay
Ahem, He has had some success

A premiership.
A Norm Smith Medal
Best and Fairests
All Australian

Oh and Alex

I think he's done very nicely indeed

Only real 2 Postives

Grundy - How great to finally see a Collingwood Ruck Dominating a Game

WHE - He is at the Most Classy Player. Took 12 marks and Kicked 3 Goals
Dunno what you're on about. Witts dominated last week.

I have been a big defender of Bucks since he took over. The issue is its the same problems that are not improving.

In 3 years we really should either be dropping bad possession players and recruiting players with good ball use or changing the gameplan to fit the skillset we have.

You cant blame the coach for bad skills in his first year or two. But this is his 6th year now.

Yes, no argument from me on any of your points. Our recruiting has been "iffy" and the (lack of) results speak for themselves. Can't question the player's endeavor but they do not perform well as a cohesive unit. The coach has to wear that, and it kills me to say that because I flipping love Bucks.

Moore's leading patterns and positioning leaves alot to be desired at the moment.

Time after time our mids take possession only to look up and find no options in the forward half to kick to. We play with no imagination, and we play with no soul. When we do take a risk it is to an option with no real benefit in a dangerous position. All opposition teams have to do is stack their backline and wait for us to turn it over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 2 versus Richmond, the autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back