AFL Toast Round 20: 8 Point win against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

But this is exactly my argument - Watch the game whether its live or on the box and then post your observations on the game - You can even watch a replay of the game which many do and pass on further observations - This makes for informed debate - Its challenging to add a meaningful contribution if you haven't watched the game or only watched highlights or bits and pieces from the game - Finally, I'd be surprised if you ever post about a game without watching that game.

This is now my favourite post.

Apparently there is a bad bout of gastro going round...i just spewed up listening to ed whilst watching the replay on fox. A few things I picked up the second time around. McKenna and Hartley were better than I first thought. Some of Connors instinctive moves were great...his little tap on in the middle created a goal and was awesome. Jobe was actually pretty good in the last (apart from that shocker of a kick into our 50). His handball was creative and was active as players tired. Made me think he may have been ok as the sub if it still existed.

Tippa is incredibly strong. Flexed his muscle twice with devastating effect. Once in the middle he stopped with the ball and a Blues player tackled and brushed him off as if it was nothing and took off up the middle. The second time was that goal he kicked with 2 blues hanging and trying to rip him down but had the strength to keep on his feet and stay balanced and finished. Come to think of it there was another....he put pressure on Armfield which caused a turnover to Zaka. Hardly touched him but I think the touch had enough power to cause the mistake. Pound for pound there is a ton of grunt and explosive power in that nuggetty torso.

Apparently there is a bad bout of gastro going round...i just spewed up listening to ed whilst watching the replay on fox. A few things I picked up the second time around. McKenna and Hartley were better than I first thought. Some of Connors instinctive moves were great...his little tap on in the middle created a goal and was awesome. Jobe was actually pretty good in the last (apart from that shocker of a kick into our 50). His handball was creative and was active as players tired. Made me think he may have been ok as the sub if it still existed.

Tippa is incredibly strong. Flexed his muscle twice with devastating effect. Once in the middle he stopped with the ball and a Blues player tackled and brushed him off as if it was nothing and took off up the middle. The second time was that goal he kicked with 2 blues hanging and trying to rip him down but had the strength to keep on his feet and stay balanced and finished. Come to think of it there was another....he put pressure on Armfield which caused a turnover to Zaka. Hardly touched him but I think the touch had enough power to cause the mistake. Pound for pound there is a ton of grunt and explosive power in that nuggetty torso.

I gave McKenna some points in the MVP - low possession count but what he did was good.

Also Armfield doesn't need any pressure to turn it over (not taking anything away from Walla).

I gave McKenna some points in the MVP - low possession count but what he did was good.

Also Armfield doesn't need any pressure to turn it over (not taking anything away from Walla).
A few posters have been saying Connor is down on form but not in this game. Took a few good intercept marks, was creative and not many mistakes.

A few posters have been saying Connor is down on form but not in this game. Took a few good intercept marks, was creative and not many mistakes.

Aside from the epicness of Walla and Dois, his x-factor stood out for me.

Talking about things that were missed, what is this about Myers' alleged run with role on Gibbs? Watching the replay I paused on each stoppage and Myers went to Gibbs maybe twice (he was on Thomas more).

I have hardly seen any of the game so I can not really comment on that one.

But this is exactly my argument - Watch the game whether its live or on the box and then post your observations on the game - You can even watch a replay of the game which many do and pass on further observations - This makes for informed debate - Its challenging to add a meaningful contribution if you haven't watched the game or only watched highlights or bits and pieces from the game - Finally, I'd be surprised if you ever post about a game without watching that game.

I wouldn't make too many in depth comments myself but that does not stop people from having the right to comment on what they want to.
It is not up to anyone to challenge what meaningful contribution is. You can challenge the content all you want but you can not challenge the persons right to post whatever dribble they want to.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Round 20: 8 Point win against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back