Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort. It didn't quite click because of the Cats tackling and lack of space. The Cats were great and we kept at them until the end. Disappointed but think it will be a good lesson going in to the finals. That game was played like a final and hopefully if we get them again it's at the 'G. On to next week.

Must win the next two to make top 4. Swans won't lose. Does the loser of 2 and 3 play 5th (Swans)?

Let's finish 4th now we can't make top 2.

Need that second tall forward as well.. Soldo isn't up it and we can't lose the clearances when we play a territory game.

I'll reiterate the point about the umpiring. It was bad, no doubt, but when we were first to the ball in the third quarter we started getting them too. If you crash in and put your head over the ball you are going to get more free kicks, geelong smashed us in that area for three quarters.

This.
There were some shockers though, and a lot of non calls that hurt. I agree with you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop blaming the umps thats a weak as piss excuse. We lost because of dumb football and poor skills. Geelong wanted it more and know how to play that ground.

We can beat them at the MCG, but not down there with poor coaching and poor decision making.

Umps killed us first half, and you know what Harry Taylor held Rance all game but he beat him plain and simple. For the 20 minutes we played our game style we won. They took us out of our own game.

Anyway.
Toast Nick Vlaustin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** the umpires. That is all. I seriously hope Dimma sprays them and asks for a please explain. How a team can get away with so many drops and throws astounds me.

We DESPERATELY need a second tall. Once Caddy went down it shot our forward structure.

How did it take so long to realise the handball game wasn't working. Introduce a policy. If you handball to a stationary target, you get fined 10% of your match fee.

Our transition from the backline was absolutely horrible. Couldn't hit a target in the second and 4th quarters.

As much as I want us to lodge an official protest....imagine if DH sprays the maggots...we would be labeled wingers and sore losers

AFL corrupt...amateurish in comparison to other sports...so many interpretations...leave it up to how the ump feels on the day...

The crowd were the umpires...umps too shit scared to correctly umpire the game

I'm not as fussed as most others.
People got sucked into personnel but personnel is irrelevant when it comes to pressure and numbers at the footy.
They were better at both but I would like for us to play them in a final at the G more than a few other teams.
It also showed us that a few would just let us down in finals and arent ready for it so it will allow us to tinker with that.

Here come the melts....

Lost by only 14 playing atrociously. Came back hard when the game looked like busting open at half time
Glad it wasn't the blow-out I was expecting at half time. But damn we make it hard for ourselves.

In terms of changes, Soldo needs to go out, and C.Ellis isn't good enough to play finals at this stage imo.

Castagna/Butler didn't give enough today, but we hardly helped them out with our ball movement and entries.

Bachar didn't have a great game but has quite a few tickets.

Probably about sums up where we are as a team. We've had a good year but we are still off the boil from being a genuine contender. We have improved but still have a ton of improvement left to be a premiership side. We showed good fight in the 3rd quarter but we still have too many weaknesses that leave us exposed to being beaten by good teams on big occasions. Rance had a bad game and was beaten, but we need to learn how to win despite him having a limited impact. Our goal kicking has been crap all year, today it caught up with us. Small forward line has worked well, but when players go missing we fail to score. We need to become a more versatile team and make our patches of dominance count more by converting better. I didn't expect us to win today, am Glad we fought and showed heart, and think losses like these are needed for us to go up another level. We should learn from this. Disappointed to lose but not disheartened like in other losses this year.

How did it take so long to realise the handball game wasn't working. Introduce a policy. If you handball to a stationary target, you get fined 10% of your match fee.
Haha yeah we overused the handball WOEFULLY all game.

They just give it instinctively without thinking, leads to so much unnecessary pressure.

**** the umpires. That is all. I seriously hope Dimma sprays them and asks for a please explain. How a team can get away with so many drops and throws astounds me.

We DESPERATELY need a second tall. Once Caddy went down it shot our forward structure.

Our transition from the backline was absolutely horrible. Couldn't hit a target in the second and 4th quarters.
They will clamp down on incorrect disposal next week - yay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21: Roast & Toast vs Cats & Changes for Freo

Back