Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It is disappointing to lose to Geelong again, but I don't see why we melt over it though. Was a comfortable loss to a side in the top 4 at their home ground.

In my opinion, we hindered ourselves greatly by dropping Miles. We need more ball-winners in the side - especially against a side like Geelong at Simonds Stadium. Was baffled at that change then, and still the same in hindsight (contested possessions was 150-129 their way). His absence was even more pronounced by the loss of Caddy.

Secondly, I think the time has come to give someone like Lennon a shot. This forward line is simply not kicking enough points.

Changes:

Butler; Enough. Has been poor for a month now.
Castagna: Not getting as involved in the forward line as he was.
Grigg: Just ineffectual.
Caddy: Injuries.
Soldo: So raw.

In:

Stengle
Lennon
Griff/Hampson
Graham
Townsend

Reasons why lost.
Afwul kicking, too much handballing, too many tackles misses, easy set shots missed, umps not paying holds on Jack and Dusty all game, obvious deliberate rushed not called, umps not calling dropping the ball against Cats, Caddy injury, skinny ground made it too easy for Cats to cover the entire ground and pick off our kicks, overhead marking, letting them always have a player front and centre during marking contests.

Unlucky guys umpires did kill use. but not sure you'll beat them at the G remember they had Selwood, Duncan, Hawkins and Cockatoo all out of the side. Looks like we might be playing you guys first week of Finals hope it's a closer game then last time good luck for the rest of the year!

Decided to play a different style of footy today, overusing handball and selling our own players into trouble

Too many passengers, our mosquito fleet doing next to nothing

Rance had a mare, but it happens. Too long to swap Astbury over to Taylor though

Positive was Grimes had a brilliant second half, what a jet.

Not really surprised at the result today. Couldn't believe the amount of people on this board and in general who thought that we had this game in the bag. Geelong are our number 1 bogey side and and we were playing them down in Geelong, but even despite the players they had out I actually reckon that scoreline still would've been pretty similar had those players been playing. Sure if the game had of been played at the MCG and there was no wind things probably would've gone a bit differently. Umpires didn't help but we didn't help ourselves either really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't understand why we try to go fast, handball the players who are under pressure of which causes a rushed disposal? You can play on quick, just do it by foot or handball out of immediate danger area. I the last quarter we just gave the ball back too much. Same as kicking straight down the middle. That's fine IF our talls are there, useless if they aren't.

Roast Ellis cant get the pill, McIntosh cant play in the backline, he just mis-judges the ball flight far far too much. Numerous times he is free to go 3rd man up and misses the pill. Soldo is usless just not ready. However we don't really have another option. Griff hurry up please. The small fwds had little impact especially George. And yes I thought the umps were shite, just not paying the same frees for both sides imo, but not sure if it influenced the outcome considering we came back to near even at 3 q time. Pathetic kicking for goal but our supposed good kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changes:

Butler; Enough. Has been poor for a month now.
Castagna: Not getting as involved in the forward line as he was.
Grigg: Just ineffectual.
Caddy: Injuries.
Soldo: So raw.

In:

Stengle
Lennon
Griff/Hampson
Menadue
Townsend
5 changes for a top 4 team?

Come on man

Must win the next two to make top 4. Swans won't lose. Does the loser of 2 and 3 play 5th (Swans)?

Let's finish 4th now we can't make top 2.

Need that second tall forward as well.. Soldo isn't up it and we can't lose the clearances when we play a territory game.
Loser of 2nd/3rd plays winner of 6th/7th, we want to finish 3rd

Disappointing especially after getting back into the game ! Concerning that Butler & Costagna didn't hit the scoreboard 2 weeks in a row ! Not the end of the world but few players well down today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlucky guys umpires did kill use. but not sure you'll beat them at the G remember they had Selwood, Duncan, Hawkins and Cockatoo all out of the side. Looks like we might be playing you guys first week of Finals hope it's a closer game then last time good luck for the rest of the year!

We couldn't utilise the space to get our transition going. More space at G makes it easier to transition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21: Roast & Toast vs Cats & Changes for Freo

Back