Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

JD with match winning efforts to force a ground ball i50 2 weeks in a row.

Darling has turned the clock back to early career with his impactful work that doesn't show on the stat sheet.

Has looked a first picked 3rd tall in any sides b22 the past fortnight.

Well done Jack!

JD with match winning efforts to force a ground ball i50 2 weeks in a row.

Darling has turned the clock back to early career with his impactful work that doesn't show on the stat sheet.

Has looked a first picked 3rd tall in any sides b22 the past fortnight.

Well done Jack!
Noticed he was straight back up after that.
Not quite a ninja flip but there was an immediate return to his feet after a crunching contest.
Bloke still has something left in the tank.

Oscar Allen interviewed after the game was asked if he thought Gaff could slot the goal and responded with ā€œhe hasnā€™t been able to kick it over a jar of jam for a few years nowā€

Oscar Allen interviewed after the game was asked if he thought Gaff could slot the goal and responded with ā€œhe hasnā€™t been able to kick it over a jar of jam for a few years nowā€
Haha anyone who has a glancing interest in West Coast in the last 3 years knew he was never making the distance

Was at a family function yesterday so only checked the score a couple of times and had a look at the game day thread.
From what I could gather we were/are a steaming pile, Tom Cole and BBW among others should never play for us again. Also we should get rid of our captain.
Watched the replay last night, It was like a different game to the one described, Tom Cole was fine, one bad clanger but involved in a couple of great passages of play. Bailey did some good things as well, got beaten but not disgraced. As for the capt, well say no more.
It's like some people don't understand you can have good and bad moments in the same game, you can fight back if beaten early and momentum can change. Expecting players in a bottom three team to be perfect 100% of the time is a tad unhinged.
I did find it funny how Gov dropped a mark in front of goal and yet Cole got blasted for not being able to rush it through.

Issue is a lot of people brush aside good moments like they never happened, they don't add it to the imaginary scale of good/bad to come up with an overall rational view, but this only applies to a select few players on our list.

Cole and Duggan are known to be quite polarising but I'd never seen Allen as the target before.

Even in the past few weeks he's shown intent with some good chasing in the f50 and helping out down back.

Say what you want about Derm and his rambling overexplaining and praising footballers performing basic skills like they're a child who overcame bed wetting, but I like him. And the simple reason for that is he actually seems like he really enjoys football.

Starts giggling when the game is hot, can't contain his excitement at critical passages of play. It's a little ray through the clouds of catchphrase merchants, paint-by-numbers AFL drones and incoherent blabberpots. A bit of joie de vivre reminding the fans that despite everything else you're tuning in to watch the best game in the world.
It's also important to recognise that not all commentary is for us as individuals.

Imagine an 8-14 year old learning the game, Dermie's slow explanations are probably valuable for some watching and wanting to learn the game, even though for those who might have been watching longer it might seem a bit over the top.

He does also point out things that others just gloss over.

Add to this a number of gimme goals we missed earlier
Harley had 2 consecutive tackles around the neck that were totally ignored by the umpires.
Yet they awarded a high tackle on Maric after his opponent and the ball had crossed the boundary.
I wonder if the club has complained to the AFL about the treatment dished out to Harley by the umpires
and also opposition players that goes unpenalized.

That F--kwit Zurhaar should be on report for what he did to Harley. It is disappointing that our players didn't put Zurhaar
down for what he did.

Just on half time and Ryan put his arm around Harley as the walked off.

Harley looks already like a battle weary seasoned campaigner.

All banged up.

Hope he has a couple of ripper games to close out 24

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone in the game thread said Ryan was telling Harley I used to take marks like that ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Say what you want about Derm and his rambling overexplaining and praising footballers performing basic skills like they're a child who overcame bed wetting, but I like him. And the simple reason for that is he actually seems like he really enjoys football.

Starts giggling when the game is hot, can't contain his excitement at critical passages of play. It's a little ray through the clouds of catchphrase merchants, paint-by-numbers AFL drones and incoherent blabberpots. A bit of joie de vivre reminding the fans that despite everything else you're tuning in to watch the best game in the world.
I like Derm because he focuses on the game only and doesn't appear to be biased.

I have also grown to like Dwayne Russell. Is also excited and calls what is there (rather than rambling about things other than the game in play). His cliches and practised catch phrases are also unintentionally hilarious. He was very chuffed with himself yesterday when he kept saying that rookie listed played were from the "Lost and Found".

Such a flog with his irrational hatred of the big blue chooks!? It's personal and we live in his head! How wonderful... :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 2075247

Big Bailey loves a scrap went at Zurhaar and Treacy in the Derby ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that Gaff knew he wasn't gonna make the distance or try and be a hero. He kicked it in pretty quickly, wasting no time and not allowing Norf to get numbers back.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It also highlights both Oscars Iq and agility as a key forward. He didnā€™t go to the goals like every other tall as he knew Gaff wasnā€™t making the distances. He was then not only able to crumb it but a split second kick that goals from a difficultish with heaps of players bearing down on him.

Honestly donā€™t get the Oscar hate or people wanting him traded or moved back. This guy is still 25 and his ceiling is a lot higher than someone like say a Jake waterman. We need to get him fit and get some continuity in him. Remember while JK was a gun for a while he never really hit that legendary stage of his career till 28.

I never wanna see Oscar moved back unless itā€™s late in game or to ice a game.

Harley had 2 consecutive tackles around the neck that were totally ignored by the umpires.
Yet they awarded a high tackle on Maric after his opponent and the ball had crossed the boundary.
I wonder if the club has complained to the AFL about the treatment dished out to Harley by the umpires
and also opposition players that goes unpenalized.

That F--kwit Zurhaar should be on report for what he did to Harley. It is disappointing that our players didn't put Zurhaar
down for what he did.
The way the game is governed now if someone came in and dropped zurhaar on his ass it'd be a penalty, damned if you do damned if you don't

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back