Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

**** sake, no he wasn’t. He wasn’t his very best but nor was about 3/4 of the side today. He had 9 marks and 9 score involvements today. How involved does Chol have to be to shake this bullshit tag exactly?
Well he could have been laconic, it’s hard to know watching the game on TV how much he talks during the game.

What he wasn’t was lackadaisical, which is the word I assume the person you’re quoting was actually looking for.

End of language lesson.

Well he could have been laconic, it’s hard to know watching the game on TV how much he talks during the game.

What he wasn’t was lackadaisical, which is the word I assume the person you’re quoting was actually looking for.

End of language lesson.

I knew the language was wrong but the overall accusation was bullshit so I was going to focus on that.

Chol did some not so great things in front of goals today but he still worked his ass off and did a lot of team first things. Really weird that someone can have 9 marks and 9 score involvements and still not shirk this ‘lazy’ tag no matter which word they want to incorrectly apply to it.

My thoughts are as below

. Shocking game to watch. Wouldn't have beaten a half decent side
. Ginnivan has been poor for a few weeks
. Sicily is a good player but when he has a stinker, he really has a stinker!
. Watson. Played well but should have had a couple more. Still needs huge work on his kicking.
. Mabior was awful but he was overdue for one.
Amon and Mass were the cool heads we needed. Both were fantastic

Fingers crossed Day can play again this season. Our midfield really needs him for finals
Newcombe and Scrimshaw hopefully ok too.

i was at the game and i reckon mabior was good. made some mistakes, but competed all day and was in a lot of stuff.

think awful is harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st quarter was absolutely brilliant, the game was over at quarter time.

2nd and 3rd quarters we were poor, but I'm ok with it. The team has been on fire for 12 weeks, they are allowed to have a flat patch. The crowd was getting restless but I'd rather have a crap patch now vs having a bad quarter in a final

I thought the Wiz sparked us in the last quarter with his energy, and the rest of the team lifted.

Onto the next game vs North. Just need to get the job done.

i was at the game and i reckon mabior was good. made some mistakes, but competed all day and was in a lot of stuff.

think awful is harsh.

Yup. If someone wants to say he was inaccurate - that’s a valid criticism. Anything along the lines of ‘awful’ or ‘lazy’ is not in the ballpark.

Congrats to Harry Morrison on 100 games. Thought he was serviceable today.

What a difference a year makes . This time last year they ran over us in the last quarter and I had a crying 4yo. Today, doing cartwheels on the ground afterwards!

This time last year there was no
Wiz, Gunston, Dear, Ginnivan, Chol, D'Ambrosio.

Some great recruiting puts us into the mix.
9 Goals in the first quarter was ridiculous.

We weren't brilliant after that, but I thought some.of the Ruchmond players were putting in hard. Everyone is playing for a list spot at this stage. Some great aerial marks from both sides.

Gunston 5 straight, Wiz and Calsher 3 apiece were my highlights. I thought Moorey tore them up early.

How do “we rest a few” based on a Freo loss….. when we have played our game 26 hours earlier?
Back To The Future Glasses GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

1st quarter was absolutely brilliant, the game was over at time.

quarter2nd and 3rd quarters we were poor, but I'm ok with it. The team has been on fire for 12 weeks, they are allowed to have a flat patch. The crowd was getting restless but I'd rather have a crap patch now vs having a bad quarter in a final

I thought the Wiz sparked us in the last quarter with his energy, and the rest of the team lifted.

Onto the next game vs North. Just need to get the job done.
It really was done and dusted in the first. Just a stunning display. Was surprised how well Richmond played in the 2nd. Marked everything and kicked everything so just relieved we managed to right the ship in the 3rd to set up the win.

One more thing, just how good a footballer is Jack Gunston?

Just a class act on the field. His low ball gathers, kicking for goal and reading of the play were beautiful to watch today.

Gunners was superb.
Must go around again.
His leadership is vital for the forward line.
He’s only 12 months older than Jez Cameron btw.
Wow- when you put it like that.. it’s funny how any Hawk player I assume to be traded out/ broken down and retire post 32 YO but Geelongs stars are all like Freddy Krueger and keep coming back after you think they’re dead til what seems like their 50s..

You know obviously I hate the scum to the bottom of my heart but as a playing group is there a bigger group of dead set snipers and low down dirty thugs than Richmond?

They got away with multiple cheap shots today, poor umpiring that they weren’t pulled up on them.
So true.

The flogs cant play good footy these days so they just played the man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back