Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

That first quarter was a lot of fun.
Broke Tigers fans spirit very quickly.

Richmond went the biff old school style in the 2nd with reasonable success. Dealing with it is another lesson will we need to learn along the way. I was impressed with some of their contested marking. It showed up our weakness against long high balls.

As a fan its just a joy to go to the football again and watch young elite players do their thing in our colors. The Wiz, Calsher and Massimo are a joy to watch and that old bloke in the pocket wasn't bad either.

If you told me preseason Gunner would kick 4, 4, 5 at any point I would have said lay off the cool aid. Yet here we are.

Injuries are a real shame given our confidence is sky high.

Mackenzie your moment has arrived.

Last edited:

That first quarter was a thing of beauty for the ages...pity about Day, but that can happen when you're cracking in so a bit of a Fossil 'Oh well...' for me. So happy I could watch that quater.

(However, the commentary was shockingly bad. Call the game, add some flavor, DON'T rabbit on 'Coaching' the other team ffs. I'm sure neutrals would have been like: what the actual? as well.)

2nd half of 2nd quarter was concerning. 3rd quarter was a pass. Had to go out for the 4th. Ginni had a bad game I thought...did he lose a pet this week? Great to see him and the Wiz looking for hand offs when not in the best place to have a snap though, and he did some good assists.

So, well done and,
Have a beer!

Superb first quarter. Good last quarter.

The middle two quarters were pretty terrible - but Richmond deserve some credit for not letting us get into a rhythm. Hopefully that's a learning experience for Mitchell and the players, so they can work out what to change up when the opposition is shutting us down.

If you told me at the start of the game we'd have won by 11 goals, and had nearly 40 shots on goal I'd have been happy. But given we were 50 points up at quarter time it was a bit disappointing in the end.

The injuries to Day and Scrimshaw are shattering, they have been two of our top five players this season.

I had hoped Mackenzie would be more involved, especially with Day being subbed out early.

Sicily, Weddle, Ginnivan and Nash all had poor or quiet games too.

Newcombe, Worpel, D'Ambrosio, Gunston, Scrimshaw, Moore, Dear (goal kicking aside), Watson, Amon, Frost and Hardwick were all great. Chol was too selfless at times.
I would definitely not agree on comment about Nash. He was excellent today. Even Dermy mentioned him and played some video replays of his many footy smart acts.

No break means high grade bruising of the collarbone for Will. That just needs time to heal, so, no game next week for him but with finals three weeks away, he'd should be ready to go.
Scrim with a dislocated finger means he can play if needed, so again good news.
CJ, Ward, Finn and serong are next cabs off the rank.
Honestly, no matter how fired up the roos come out next week, if we're fair dinkum about making finals, then we win in a solid fashion.
Oh, btw, mabs, croc and Ginni need to seriously tidy up their chances inside 50! 1.6 between is a killer.
Newk, worps , Amon, dimma, gunners, Dylan, scrim , Meek and Massimo were excellent all day.

That first quarter was a thing of beauty for the ages...pity about Day, but that can happen when you're cracking in so a bit of a Fossil 'Oh well...' for me. So happy I could watch that quater.

(However, the commentary was shockingly bad. Call the game, add some flavor, DON'T rabbit on 'Coaching' the other team ffs. I'm sure neutrals would have been like: what the actual? as well.)

2nd half of 2nd quarter was concerning. 3rd quarter was a pass. Had to go out for the 4th. Ginni had a bad game I thought...did he lose a pet this week? Great to see him and the Wiz looking for hand offs when not in the best place to have a snap though, and he did some good assists.

So, well done and,
Have a beer!
This is Jobe's speciality.

It's like he's having 'nam flashbacks to when he was a player and just starts barking things into the microphone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Golden Glenferrie I believe it was you in the match day thread who pointed Watson has disregarded the set shot routine he’s been working on with Sam and snapped around the corner.

This feels like a scripted response from Sam and the Hawks media team to catch him querying Watson but I’m sure it wasn’t. 😂

Great spot.

You can see Sammy eyeballing him throughout the song too! Only had one thing on his mind...Sammy the all seeing oracle...there is no hiding place.

broken collarbone was 6-8 though so season over. At least we have hope now
Nah, they'd pin it and for finals he'd play in a few weeks. Sounds like no fractures for Day and Scrimshaw and they should be right for the elimination final. If they haven't already, they'll will put Day through the ring of truth tomorrow and see what the soft tissue damage is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back