Game Day Round 3, 2024 : Hawks Vs. Cats Easter Monday edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I point out that besides that one kick where he bit off more than he could chew, Lloyd Meek has offered a presence in ruck contests, a presence around the ground and we are not playing one short
He's been good, wish he had better hands though.

Love to see Meek, Chol or Lewis take out Stewart in a contest.
I would offer Meek for that job.
One thing I'd like to call out - the assumption that a guy we picked in the pre-season who was passed on in multiple drafts would be a more serviceable key defender than Frost this year. Judged very harshly on an injury interrupted season last year, he was always going to be in the side unless we found an obvious replacement.

Frost worries me with his kicking and is prone to the odd dumb free kick against, but there was no way in hell he wasn't a best 22 key defender coming into this season.

Frosty has only done one frostball this year (it was in that quarter).

I have to say. For all the bad umpiring, the advantage call when a player with ball in hand is under intense pressure without any space, surrounded by some four Geelong players is umpires signalling they have NFI or are just going to officiate the game in one direction.

why wasn't Wizard giving a free kick after Chol's goal? Ridiculous Steward charging him like that for no reason
Sicily did it in round 1 and gave away the free, but seems they don’t want to pay it the other way…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better effort! Crowd is up and about now too which is great. Great for Chol to slot a couple, and ripper of a mark to Lewis. Almost thought Frosty was bog for us at quarter time - words I never thought I'd utter.
Happy with Meek in the ruck this far.
You’re easily pleased Meek very average.

Still need more from a few if we want to win this. Croc has been quiet. Newcombe working into it but still not as clean as we know he can be.
Newc bombed that really solid high retention kick to the top of the square which I think Lewis marked, didn't he? That's what we need from him. Newc doesn't **** around with shallow entries he either finds an option or puts it somewhere dangerous. Need the ball in his hands more.

Newc bombed that really solid high retention kick to the top of the square which I think Lewis marked, didn't he? That's what we need from him. Newc doesn't * around with shallow entries he either finds an option or puts it somewhere dangerous. Need the ball in his hands more.
Agree. Just needs to make sure he’s taking the ball cleanly into his hands before disposing of it. He’s been rushing himself this season and it looks like he’s handling a bar of soap at times.

Bring the contest again and hopefully continue to get reward for effort.

Good to see us halving the midfield this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back