AFL Toast Round 9: 34 Point win against the Pussies

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s also the first time we’ve beaten Geelong two games in a row since 2001-2...
Also, to add to this - we won four games in a row against Geelong from 1999 to 2002, which of course was the coinciding of a very strong time for Essendon and a weak time for Geelong - probably their weakest of the last 30 years.

Outside of that 1999-2002 streak, last year's game and this game was the first time we'd beaten Geelong even two games in succession since 1986, when we finished a run of eight (!) consecutive wins against the Cats.

They've had a generational hold over us, so these sort of facts are pretty heady ones I reckon.

Gotta question what Neelds sakcing actually did. A whole different style of gameplay. An actual Gameplan. We looked more 2017 like. Is it all related or am I looking too far into it?
Apologies for the late intrusion, but I've been wondering about that and other factors as well.
Firstly, heartfelt congrats on the great win. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Somebody above noted that you've played 5 teams in the Top 8 and beaten 3 of them (includes us, away, hard to do). Suggests there's no doubt at all about your cattle.
Was the Neeld sacking a catalyst for such a remarkable improvement?
If so, we have some incompetent fitness staff in our system that should be fired, too ;).

Anyway, great job on the Cats --- their much-vaunted trilogy of Selflog/Diverfield/play-well-when-I-feel-like-it was smashed. Loved your win.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Round 9: 34 Point win against the Pussies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back