SANFL Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Nearly ____ing blew it.

But a fantastic win all the same :thumbsu:

Glenelg 15-13-103

Central 12-10-82

9 in a row, first win at Lizbef in 16 years.

he actually looks quite good. Compared to what i saw last year, his intensity does look alot better.

Intensity has improved hugely.

Just the structure/ability of others doesn't allow him much gametime.

Does anyone think that that the afc should change sanfl clubs for sellar, he just isn't the 'go to man' for the bays generally and is behind a handful other forwards, so there is often no option but to put him in the ruck most times. I mean if Walker was in the bays would he be performing as well as he is currently?

I wouldn't mind seeing sellar moved to Norwood and he and walker can develop a good forward structure for the crows in the future.

I'm just saying this purely because every time (most anyways) i read the SANFL reports on glenelg sellar always seems to play either in the ruck or just sits on the bench. I mean it's not doing us a favour by keeping in him a team where he is always being played in a position we do not require him to play.

What are your thoughts on this?

This has been done to death already, Sellar is a Glenelg Junior and should stay at the Bay, as Mark Mickan correctly said about Ryan Willitts leaving to Bays to go to West to improve his football, if it is made that easy for them to go to another, what is that teaching him about fighting for his spot. There is one way Sellar can get more game time and become a focal point at the Bays, and that is earn it, after all spots in an AFL starting 22 are gifted are they?

This has been done to death already, Sellar is a Glenelg Junior and should stay at the Bay, as Mark Mickan correctly said about Ryan Willitts leaving to Bays to go to West to improve his football, if it is made that easy for them to go to another, what is that teaching him about fighting for his spot. There is one way Sellar can get more game time and become a focal point at the Bays, and that is earn it, after all spots in an AFL starting 22 are gifted are they?

Well said mate, leave Sellar at the Bay. Glenelg are playing superb footy this year which would surely help him.. and if can keep a regular spot in their League side it will show he's doing something right.

I know this issue has been raised over and over again, and don't get me wrong i perfectly agree with what your saying, but the fact that sellar spends a fair bit of time in the ruck is what i was worried about and i understand that the move to West did no favours for Willits. But i was more or so suggesting Norwood only because Walker is playing for them and in terms of motivation and just developing the understanding between the two would surely have a positive impact on AFC moving forward. I understand that Sellar is a glenelg boy through and through and any such move may have a negative effect but the possibility of our 2 young forwards playing in the same team at SANFL level and motivating each other doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

Regardless this thread is about round 12 of the SANFL, but i was just wondering what those of you that watch sellar thought about it.

The highlight of the game for mine was when Westhoff marked just inside 50 tried to play on and ran into Hinge who proceeded to strip him as well as getting him for holding it. I almost fell off the chair laughing at the disbelief in his face :D

I know this issue has been raised over and over again, and don't get me wrong i perfectly agree with what your saying, but the fact that sellar spends a fair bit of time in the ruck is what i was worried about and i understand that the move to West did no favours for Willits. But i was more or so suggesting Norwood only because Walker is playing for them and in terms of motivation and just developing the understanding between the two would surely have a positive impact on AFC moving forward. I understand that Sellar is a glenelg boy through and through and any such move may have a negative effect but the possibility of our 2 young forwards playing in the same team at SANFL level and motivating each other doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

Regardless this thread is about round 12 of the SANFL, but i was just wondering what those of you that watch sellar thought about it.

Know hat your trying to say mate, but still can't agree, just because he's perceived to be going a bit rough, does that mean he needs to be changed clubs, otherwise why don't we just let the Crows, decide where their drafts picks go instead of the SANFL mini draft, maybe Taylor Walker would better playing down at the bays if that was the way, so he can work in with Sellar down there, its not perfect the way it is, but Sellar will either make it or break it where he is, there hasn't been a great history of AFL listed players changing SANFL clubs and it being the making of them.

A lot to like about Otten today. He was clearly South's best racking up plenty of possessions through the middle and also getting forward to kick a couple of goals. South would have been a lot worse than they were today without Otten.

Mackay didn't stand out as much as Otten but he was still pretty good. He worked hard in a side with not a lot going for it and was fairly high in their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a lazy 38 possessions 8 marks and 2 goals for Otten this week
good to see Petrenko second in WWT's best list and MacGregor first

My early criticism of Mackay is that he hasn't been troubling the scorers. He's got an excellent leg on him so hopefully the club can get a bit of goal kicking into his game. :thumbsu:

Armstrong's in danger. Surely it's not too much to ask for him to appear in the best players in the reserves most weeks?

Otten wow, 38 disposals! Mackay 28, very pleasing to see. And Petrenko continues to dominate, surely he'll be upgraded soon.

What are they saying?

The word 'solid' is being bandied around alot with their boundary rider giving his first half an 8/10 ;)

Apparently pulled down a huge mark.

Also, Moran went on a run from full back to the wing encompassing 4 bounces just to turn it over and have Hargraves get a shot at goal on him:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back